Default If you don't see your post, then...

It's probably because we feel that your post contained one or more of the following negative components:

It was - in our sole view - :

Rude
    Derogatory
    Discriminatory
    Sarcastic
    Offensive
    Demeaning
    Irrelevant to the topic
    Prejudicial

to name a few.

We have noticed an increase in the number of posts - often in response to honest questions or comments - that are rude in tone, sarcastic, offensive and unnecessary. We fully intend to moderate this board so that those who have genuine questions or comments may continue to feel welcomed by the majority of our message board family.

This board is an invaluable source of information for many first-timers and we expect all users to treat others questions and comments with love and respect.
    Last edited by Seandymon; October 16th, 2009 at 12:21 PM.

Couples Resorts

And some wonder why we need to have a moderator. Lighten up boys and girls.
    Thanks Randymon

Richie

I understand and SO appreciate the monitoring of the message boards but I have to say I am suprised. As adults who are all looking to accomplish the same things on this MB and at Couples which is to reconnect romantically with their significant other as well as maybe meeting or reconnecting new people, there doesn't seem any room or reason for negativity. I am mostly suprised that anything remotely preducial would ever be mentioned in any posts on here. Is that something an African American or Interracial couple should be concerned about having to deal with while visting any o fthe Couples resorts?

Everyone needs to remember the main purpose of this board. Tto provide a forum for folks to ask questions relative to the Couples resorts. To give guests a place to get answers to those questions and be able to feel educated enough to make an informed decision. It is an information gathering forum that was invaluable to many of us when choosing Couples for the first time, and second in some cases if it was to a different resort. It is our chance as repeater's to "give back" while still getting our "fix" talking about a place we love.

Thanks Randymon. You are doing a wonderfull job!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Nice job, Randymon!
    Thank you again for doing everything to make Couples better and better!

No, sbwppines, there is no need to worry about anything like that while you are at Couples Resorts. By prejudicial, Randymon was referring to "leading to premature judgment or unwarranted opinion." There have been some responses to how people were hoping to spend their personal vacation at Couples that were filled with blatant judgment, ie "why would you ever want to do that?" We will no longer be allowing any of the aforementioned negative components. No problem mon!
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Great to hear..thank you for clearing that up. Still can't wait to get there.Soon Come!

Randymon and Seandymon,

I think you do a great job with the board and though I hate to see the need arise, glad that some negative posts are held back. Being a newbie, I have been reading over and over all the information posted on here and find this to be invaluable. I have used the FAQs and even search sometimes and am getting better with the search, but sometimes, you just want the opinion of those who have been there and experienced Couples. We will be there for our first (of I hope MANY) trip at the end of November and I am counting the days. Thank you for providing such a great forum for all of us who have questions and also the ability to meet up with so many who are going to be there at the same time....this is an invaluable service and shows Couples' commitment to their customers.
    Chuck and Lori Eversole.

Quote Originally Posted by sbwppines View Post
    I understand and SO appreciate the monitoring of the message boards but I have to say I am surprised. As adults who are all looking to accomplish the same things on this MB and at Couples which is to reconnect romantically with their significant other as well as maybe meeting or reconnecting new people, there doesn't seem any room or reason for negativity. I am mostly surprised that anything remotely preducial would ever be mentioned in any posts on here. Is that something an African American or Interracial couple should be concerned about having to deal with while visiting any of the Couples resorts?
    Nothing to worry about. Once you get to a Couples resort (and Jamaica) your outlook on life and others changes to respect, tolerance and relaxation. Many of the people on this board are at work, having a bad day and/or frustrated to be far away from the sunshine and warmth of Jamaica. They say things they wouldn't normally say...especially when they are in paradise!!!
    Last edited by Wally; October 18th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Well, I guess you won't be seeing any more of my posts here....PSYC! Just kidding...I will be nice and share my toys... Well, not my hobie-cat once I get one, I keep it, Naw...just kidding...O.K. seriously lets all be adult. Count to 20 if you feel hot and write something nasty about someone’s post then hit "cancel" and not "post".

respect mon.

Randy

Thank you Randymon & Couples. As Crabracer's indicated, it's time for everyone to lighten up a bit... Respectfully, Razzl

Just one more reason to be thankful we found Couples. We'll be back for our third visit in 8 weeks!!!!!!!!

We are heading for CN late November.I have found this forum very helpful. Both with writeups and Pics. Great bit of info here.

Thank you to all the moderators. I found this message board extremely helpful when trying to decide which Couples to select. There seems to be a very small percentage of critical or sarcastic comments from some posters. Maybe they just need a Couples Fix!!!

Bravo Randymon!

Long ago and far away, there was a thing called letter writing. People used paper and pen to write words in coherent sentences to express what they were thinking or to communicate those thoughts to others. The beauty of this no long-lost art was that it was ok to write anything down, no matter how "off the cuff", obnoxious, or even offensive; put it all in an envelope, and let it sit on the countertop for a while, until you had a chance to drop it in the mail. Sometimes, it just felt good to get things off your chest, and perhaps you'd think twice or more before actually sending the letter on its way. That was then...

A number of years ago, I noticed a drastic shift in the tone of letters to the editor of our local paper. The reason was that some of these letters weren't letters at all... they were phone calls, the content of which our newspaper published on their editorial pages.

Today, of course, we have the internet, complete with its instant access to nearly any content, good and bad, including any thoughts we choose to post on blogs, online newsletters and message boards. It doesn't help that this trend is accentuated by what I perceive to be the demise (reversible, I hope) of civility caused by constant and immediate, intimate access to the 24 hour news cycle. Its a good adage to remember that "you can't put toothpaste back into the tube". Its still good to get things off your chest; but please, think before you hit "SEND". If your comments include something you would not say to a person's face, its not a good idea to do it anonymously, either.

Someone please catch me as I fall off my soapbox....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I'm a bit surprised and somewhat disappointed that you apparently found cause to delete a post that I recently made about befriending a certain beach vendor at CSA.

As far as I can tell, it didn't violate any of the conditions that you've mentioned above. In fact, I thought it was a very nice story of friendship; and that it illustrated another side of what some people seem to view as a "negative element" at the Negril resorts, namely the beach vendors and public access issues.

I've often tried to encourage Couples guests to step beyond the "velvet rope" and explore the beautiful island and the rich culture that awaits them beyond the typical resort experience. However I'll choose my discussion topics more carefully in the future and will most likely join the leagues of folks who just don't post here that often.

Enjoy your Couples vacations. I'll continue to enjoy mine.
    nobody's favorite poster

Cubismo,

It is likely that your post either got caught up in a thread that was deleted as a result of discussing illegal "smoke" or you made specific reference to the vendor who could get same.

Please do not take it personally. We enjoy reading your posts.

Couples Resorts

My dear friend Cubismo(Many Names)

Please do read Randymon's post and remain active on this message board.
    You are a valuable message board tool.

I am loaning you the truck "you" made for me..Driving it carefully my friend.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; February 14th, 2010 at 08:39 AM.

Opps Cubismo..I forgot the truck
    Last edited by Tommywommy; February 14th, 2010 at 08:39 AM.