Thread: Cti

Default Cti

Hello,
    I will be going to CTI for the first time in february, yay !!! I just have a few questions I was hoping someone would be able to answer !

1. horseback riding- is in in the ocean/on the beach??? i have my own horse at home so i ride lots but i really want to go in the water!!! does it cost extra to do this ? how long is the ride?

2.Margaritaville- approx costs, experiances, ect, how often is the shuttle there?

3. Plug ins- are they normal canadian/us plug ins?

4. dunns river falls

5. deep sea fishing- my man wants to try this !

I think thats it for now, thanks !

1. There is horseback riding that you can do in the water for an extra cost. I'm not sure how much. The horseback riding that is free takes you up a mountain on a plantation.

2. I didn't do Margaritaville. I couldn't stay up late enough for the shuttle at 10.

3. Outlets are normal US.

4. I didn't do Dunn's River Falls, but was told to do it at least once.

5. I'm pretty sure you can pay to do deep sea fishing.

Enjoy your trip. =)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkprincess View Post
    Hello,
    I will be going to CTI for the first time in february, yay !!! I just have a few questions I was hoping someone would be able to answer !

1. horseback riding- is in in the ocean/on the beach??? i have my own horse at home so i ride lots but i really want to go in the water!!! does it cost extra to do this ? how long is the ride? The included horse back riding is in the mountains on a plantation. You can purchase horseback riding in the ocean at the tour desk.

2.Margaritaville- approx costs, experiances, ect, how often is the shuttle there? The bus trip to Margaritaville is included, they only cost is your drinks and food. The drinks and food are about the same as a night club in the USA. The bus leaves at 10:30pm on Mondays.You should tip the bus driver.

3. Plug ins- are they normal canadian/us plug ins?The plugs are the same as canadian/us

4. dunns river fallsThe bus leaves at 9 am everyday except Sunday. The only cost is tipping the bus driver and crew that takes you up the falls. They do sell pictures of you going up the falls, $20 to $30 range, if you want one. Also you can bring your own water proof camera and they will take pictures of you. Bring you own water shoes, or you need to rent them. You can purchase them at Walmart for less than the rental charge.

5. deep sea fishing- my man wants to try this ! This trip can be booked at the tour desk.

I think thats it for now, thanks !

Below is some more information that may help you plan.

Here is a link on the shopping trips http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=2300

Here is a link with pictures of the golf course and a short review.
    http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=2281

Here is a link current list of the daily activities, restaurant information and extra cost tours http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=2194

Bring small USD bills, ones, fives, and tens. anything bigger is hard to get changed.

Enjoy your trip to CTI.

Irie Mon

regarding margaritaville,
    im a member of a wedding party and the wedding takes place tuesday am.... so monday evening would probably not be the best time to go to margaritaville !! is there a way to arrange a shuttle for any other day then monday or am I out of luck ?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkprincess View Post
    regarding margaritaville,
    im a member of a wedding party and the wedding takes place tuesday am.... so monday evening would probably not be the best time to go to margaritaville !! is there a way to arrange a shuttle for any other day then monday or am I out of luck ?
    You can have the bellhop get you a taxi to Margaritaville any night. The only down side is that you have to pay for ride.

Enjoy.
    Irie Mon

can the fishing excursions be booked at all Couples hotels in Jamaica?

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    can the fishing excursions be booked at all Couples hotels in Jamaica?
    Yep! Each hotel has a tour desk in the lobby where you can book additonal, outside excursions.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Default Cti

Horseback riding through CTI is at Prospect Plantation five minutes from resort. No water riding, but it's fun and worth it, especially since it's free. You ride through the various plantations, watch the coconut-tree climber and sample the coconut and see the ostriches as well. For an add'l fee, you can also do camel riding at Prospect Plantation. That's fun as well.

Dunn's River Falls is a fantastic experience. Bring water shoes and a waterproof camera. The tour guides make it super fun. Don't miss out. Leaves from CTI at 9am and you're back at 12pm.

Never made it to Margaritaville (bus left at 11pm and I was always sleeping by then).

For add'l fees, Zip-lining through Chukka Caribbean Tours(can sign up at CTI tour desk) and Dolphin Cove are also lots of fun.

No worries, mon, you'll have a terrific time at CTI. Food is excellent, too!