Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We went to Negril in 1996(before CN was built). Then in 2001 we decided to try Couples TI, because of the island and because it is one of a few resorts that offered horseback riding. (On the property at that time)

Little did we know what a great resort it was, with a superior staff, and the incredible setting, great food, etc...

We later tried the double take program, to stay at the new CN and CTI. We loved CN but felt at home when we got back to CTI.

It is a credit to Couples Resorts and the wonderful staff that people like us continue to return to the same resort again and again. If you go you know. It is also neat that all the resorts have such loyal followers. Different strokes.

We are fairly easy going people and during our seven trips to Couples we have not had a single complaint, problem, bad service, bad attitude, or anything else negative that would make us want to go elsewhere. That says a lot. We have had far too many great experiences to name.

We love the privacy of CTI and the lack of sales people on the beach and the lack of jet skis and noise. We have gone off property to experience the
    country and the people of Jamaica and loved it, but the privacy is priceless.

Can't wait for January 14.

Soon Come

2N2FUN
    Warren & Carolyn
    Virginia, USA

We wanted to go to Jamaica but had no clue!!! We told our TA we would like No kids(we have 5 needed to get away if you know what I mean), all-inclusive, and the ocean. She steered us towards Couples. We havent looked back since.

That was in '08 when we went, we were living together at the time. probably three months into we both at the same time looked at each other and said "why dont we get married?" We went to CN and were married on the beach and it was the most romantic time that I have ever had. Everything was excellent!

We went back to CN in July '09 and took another couple with us for 6 nights and was just as great! We werent going to go this year but the TA just called with a crazy deal for us, that I think we are not going to pass on! We love CN and consider it out home but we are looking at giving CSS or CTI a try, we are torn right now.

No Worries!
    Mark & Heather

We first went to Couples Negril based on the recommendation and praises of my brother and sister-in-law who were married there. Loved it! Vowed to return.

Then we found this site and browsed through all of the pictures posted here. Swept Away called to us, so we answered. Booked last February to take advantage of the fantastic promotions running at the time. We have been counting the days (and hours and minutes) ever since. It's been a long time coming, but soon come! [47 days, zero hours, 39 minutes until we land at MBJ - WOW! That's only 7 more Fridays!]
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

My husband is a skier and takes a lot of ski time; not at all a beach person. In December of 2006 I wanted to celebrate my 60th birthday with a warm weather vacation. He said okay and told me to pick someplace. I couldn't decide at all and he suggested Jamaica (probably because it is mountainous!). I hadn't even considered Jamaica. Anyway, I started to research and came upon the Couples resorts. We had never been to an AI before and really didn't know what to expect but almost everything I read was positive. Now to the big question...which one?! Everyone says that one will "speak to you" and for me it was Sans Souci. I really didn't care about the smaller beach; the setting, rooms, inclusions, etc. seemed too good to be true and we were not disappointed! In fact, my husband liked it so much that when I in jest suggested that we come back to Jamaica the following December for our 40th Anniversary, he agreed. We were at CSA the next year, CN the year after that and will be at CTI this December! We wanted to try all four since we don't like to go to the same place twice. What will we do in 2010??!!!!!

Our first visit was to Couples Ocho Rios (CTI) in 1988. It was a no brainer decision as there was only one Couples in Jamaica at the time. If my memory serves me right, there was a Couples in St. Lucia - please someone correct me if I am wrong as I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning. We wanted to go to Jamaica . . . so COR/CTI it was. It was a great decision!!
    Kim

Our daughter had graduated from college and was getting married. Helen and I had promised ourselvese a nice trip. We had made reservations to a resort in Mexico that a friend had visited. I blew out my back and had to cancel that trip. The next spring we started to look again. This time I began to really look online. I found Couples and had an attraction right away. It just seemed to be what we were looking for, a relaxing, romantic, all inclusive, carefree get away. I started looking at the message board, this was in 2004, and kept being drawn to Swept Away. Like some others have said, Swept Away really chose us. We visited in October, 2004 and will return for our fourth visit this December.

Our TA steered us to CSA after two disappointing trips to DR. We insist on no kids and AI, our only absolute requirements. She sold us on the Atrium rooms. We walked in and knew we were in paradise.

A couple of days into the trip, the worst thing happened to another guest, her husband died suddenly of a heart attack while at CSA. Her family, of course, wanted to come from Germany to CSA to help her grieve and to help with all of the legal stuff. CSA, of course, went all out to help her and her family. Since they were at full capacity, they asked if anyone would be willing to "bump" to CN in exchange for extra days at another time.

We jumped at the chance and went to CN for the last 3 days of our trip. The whole time, we wished we were back at CSA! CN is very nice, but it just didn't have those atrium rooms with the hammocks and wooden blinds.....no Lemongrass, no walking out along the beach into town.....

Needless to say, we went back the next year to CSA and it was beautiful. We tried a split trip two years ago to CSS/CTI (just before the CTI improvements), and it was very nice, but CSA just keeps calling us.

Last year I was too scared of the economy to go back, and I was depressed all winter. This year, we just booked anyway and I am smiling all the time! So, in 83 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes, we'll be on our way back to CSA....

aaaahhhhh...

Our first Caribbean experience was to Dominican Republic. Loved the Caribbean, hated the large sprawling hotel, with kids running all over, guests with wristbands and unable to drink the water (I was ill even though I never drank or even cleaned my teeth with it!!). My husband dearest (HD) then insisted that if I wanted Caribbean island holidays it must be an "ex British one" (we're English!!). I investigated the popular destination for Brits (Barbados - rich Brits have villas there!!) and the only adult only AI were the S chain, which appealed because of the couples format. I then noted this island in the middle of the Caribbean - Jamaica and what's more it used to be 'Jamaica, British West Indies' - the perfect destination and the S chain also had hotels on the island. HD loved the idea of Jamaica so all I needed to do was to find the perfect hotel.

This was before we thought of booking holidays on the web and so I collected travel brochures from every TA in the UK (!!!) and researched Jamaican hotels. One hotel kept 'leaping of the page' it met all our criteria and more - small, private beach, only couples over 18 accepted (no groups of drunken teenagers - British teenagers seem to enjoy drinking the AI bar dry and spoiling the other guests' vacation). However there were many S hotels on the island, and I checked out each one, but I couldn't get Couples Ocho Rios out of my mind, even before we visited COR (as it was then) it had captured my heart. HD agreed that this might be 'the place' and so we booked. I never doubted that it was right for us and I was so right. That was 15 years ago and we have been back every year since, we did try St Lucia once but Couples is our home.

Last year we had to go to CSS due to the CTI alterations. We loved it but CTI is still the one which stole my heart and won't let go. We'll be there this Christmas and New Year and can't wait. I'm constantly on the message board in an attempt to make the time go more quickly - it doesn't work, I'm even more homesick!!

Mad about tennis

Quote Originally Posted by twokatz11 View Post
    Our first visit was to Couples Ocho Rios (CTI) in 1988. It was a no brainer decision as there was only one Couples in Jamaica at the time. If my memory serves me right, there was a Couples in St. Lucia - please someone correct me if I am wrong as I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning. We wanted to go to Jamaica . . . so COR/CTI it was. It was a great decision!!
    Kim
    Yes there was a Couples in St Lucia - it'now called Rendezvous.

Mad about tennis

It was 11 years ago. I had promised my wife a beach vacation after we had honeymooned in Disney World 2 years earlier. I wasn't really excited about the prospect of it. I thought it would be boring. In my mind back then, I believed that sitting around just relaxing would be the dullest vacation ever, so I looked for resorts that had lots of included activities to keep us busy.

There was no Couples board back then, we made our decision solely from the brochures and travel catalogs that we got from various travel agencys.
    We soon narrowed the list down to 2 resorts, CN and COR (now CTI). CN didn't seem to match our style. We loved the old world elegance and history of COR and the island intrigued us. COR won out and It has been home for us ever since.

We booked a 4 day trip to COR. My plan was to book a short trip there and stay as active as possible with all the included activities to avoid what I thought would be the inevitable boredom. LOL. That plan disappeared within 3 hours of arriving at COR.

We arrived at the resort 11 AM (I wish I could still get that early morning flight) and were on the island by 1 PM. By 2 PM, I realized that all my stress, even stress I didn't know I was carrying around, had completely left me. Suddenly, I had very little interest in all the activities I had planned to keep us busy (much to my wife's relief). I just wanted to relax, unwind and enjoy the amazing, romantic environment with my beautiful wife. By the end of day 2 I didn't want to leave. I was on the phone with our travel agent extending the trip from 4 to 6 days (which was still nowhere near long enough).

In 3 months, We will return for our 7th visit to CTI. In the past 11 years we have referred several of our friends to Couples, and have met many new friends there (waves to JacksAllieCat). We chose CTI because I thought it had enough activities to keep us busy, but that is not why we return. We return to CTI because is the most relaxing, romantic place on earth.

We had done a couple of cruises (my dream)during a couple of previous Decembers,and then a summer trip to Alaska. My husband had always wanted to try Jamaica, so I started to research. At first I was looking at the S resorts. Then I tumbled on Couples. Each time I started looking,trying to decide, I always seemed to end up on the Couples site. The prices were very close, so I just kept researching Couples. I was leaning towards CTI or CSS, mostly CTI because of the AN (which my husband wanted to try), and the Catamaran Cruise, but it was under renovations and closed at the time, so then CSS was calling to me. We went last December, and loved it. We booked our next trip for this December. We are going to try the Trading Places with CTI, and who knows, maybe next year we will give it a try. But for now, why mess with a great vacation?
    Linda

Love everyone's responses, many of whom actually went as far back as when they first decided on going with Couples in general, let alone picking which of the four resorts they eventually selected for their inaugural stay. So I'll go back even a little further as well.

Like many others I suspect, prior to choosing Couples, we were considering the Evil Empire. Rosa and I had previously stayed at an AI a number of years back, which was in Cancun. We enjoyed our stay, altho I can't say the resort was all that super - but then again it wasn't pricey either, so this was probably one of those "you get what you paid for" type of vacations. We definitely wanted to experience another AI type of vacation at some point down the road, and this time would be willing to spend a little more in hopes of getting more.

Over the years we had learned that Jamaica was the mecca of AIs and we felt the next time we book an AI vacation, it would be there. Of course, there wasn't much research necessary, as we were flooded with ads from the evil S, be it on TV, radio, magazines, or the internet. In essence, we thought this chain was synonymous with Jamaica and when the time came to start researching our trip (by then we decided to do this for our 25th wedding anniversary), naturally we planned on booking with them.

This is the part where I always like to say thank you to Trip Advisor, because had it not been for a small but trip-altering thread in their website that I just happened upon, I'm sure to this day we'd have booked at the wrong resort. I spotted a subject titled "S vs Couples". The question asked by the person who started the thread was which of these resorts would others recommend as she and her SO had not yet decided where to stay. To my amazement, a sizable majority chose Couples, and what really swayed me was that nested within these responses were those who stayed at BOTH chains at some point or another, and here the percentage in favor of Couples was even greater.

I barely heard of this resort prior to reading this thread, but immediately thereafter I began reading up on anything and everything Couples related, including tour books and websites. And of course I eventually made my way onto this message board. Even tho by the time I made it in here we were already leaning toward Couples, this board simply iced it for us.

So there it is, the 'prequel' to my initial post on this thread.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I LOVE THIS THREAD! What a good idea.
    Our last non-Couples trip was to a beautiful place in Mexico. We loved the place, but KIDS!! No matter where we went on that trip we had a crying child somewhere close. Don't get me wrong we love kids, but not when we just paid a few thousands dollars for a get away trip! (Truly in most cases, it wasn't the kids with the problem, it was the adults, but we will save that for another time). So, after that trip, Tom said NO more kids on our vacations, either find a adult only or we are not going anymore. Well, I was heartbroken...no more trips??? So I was on a mission...I think I just typed in adult only vacation, or maybe even couples...not sure right now but needless to say...Couples popped up. I spent so much time looking at the site, looking at trip advisor. And truthfully, I was leaning towards CSA at first. But the deal breaker there was the no TV in the room. I know...a silly thing...but I got hung up on that. So when I called my TA and told her, she said I couldn't go wrong with either. I just happened to mention my dilemma the next time we were out with some friends and one of the couples had been to CN!! Once we started talking about it my mind was made up! CN it was!! And we have never looked back. We are going for trip #4 in December and #5 is booked. But I am going to do the trading places, I need to see CSA, but even after that....my heart belongs to CN, I don't think I am going to change my mind on that either!!
    But you never know, right??

In June 1983, we had been married four years, with a three-year-old that my parents could finally control. Our travel agent had been to Jamaica earlier that year and recommended an all-inclusive that she said was way better than Club Med. It was called Couples Jamaica.

On her recommendation, we booked the trip for August that afternoon and called my parents after the deal was done.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We were looking for a warm weather vacation that was adults only and AI. Through many internet searches we found Couples and were thrilled by the added aspect of no singles! We made many visits to the Couples website and this message board and CN "spoke to us". We went. We loved it. We're going back April 2010! In 2011, we will be visiting CSS!!!

In 1971 Jane & I wanted to go to Jamaica for our honeymoon. Our travel agent suggested Tower Isle (Couples since 1978). We had such a good time that we went back in 1973. After going to other places for five years we decided to go back to Jamaica in 1978. Our travel agent suggested a new hotel called Couples that had a new all inclusive concept. We got to Jamaica and took the bus ride to Ocho Rios only to find out that it was Tower Isle transformed into an all inclusive called Couples but still owned by the Issa Family. We have traveled to Jamaica many many times for many reasons including rebuilding the xray department at the Port Maria Hospital,refurnishing the Three Hills Primary School, helping the Animal House, helping the Swift Purcell Boys Home, etc. All of this was done with the help of Rotary International and the Couples Resorts Ocho Rios Charity Golf Tournament. Through all of this charity work we have always stayed at a Couples Resort because of the attitude of the Issa Family and the superb management that has enabled us to help fulfill some of those needs.
    This coming January we will return to CTI for the Couples Resorts Ocho Rios Charity golf Tournament. This will make 70+ trips to Jamaica that include 70+ stays at Tower Isle/Couples Ocho Rios/CTI, 9 stays at CN, 1 at CSS, and two lunches at CSA. I think that this a pretty good testimony for Couples resorts.

I originally wanted Couples for our honeymoon. I did loads of research, but my husband still wanted to go to a TA to get her advice. I wanted CN, she said the S resorts were better. haha, her big thing was she hated the decor at CN. She talked us into the S resort in the Bahamas. She was wrong. Very, very wrong. It was a cheesy ripoff.

The next year we went to another resort in Runaway Bay. Fell in love with Jamaica, but still wanted to get to Negril. So for our next trip we booked CN. Two days before the trip we realized our dippy TA booked CSA, not CN. It was cancel and stay home and pout, or go with it. We went with it, and totally fell in love with CSA. It's weird, CN called to me for so long, but it really doesn't anymore. I still want to check it out on our next trip to CSA because it's still Couples and I'm sure it's lovely. I can't even remember now what my hang up used to be with CSA as it truly meets all of our needs/wants.

So, anyway, we didn't choose our favorite, it was kind of chosen for us and it was a great mistake!

We were looking for a place to spend our honeymoon in 2005, after 25 years of marriage. By then we figured it was time for one. I am not enamored with cruises, as many of our friends had suggested to us, way to organized for my taste. We wanted a place that was laid back and did not have kids running around. We had been there and done that with our girls for almost 20 years. And I wanted a beach. I love the beach!

We had looked at several destinations in the Caribbean, at many price points and various levels of luxury and inclusions. I stumbled on Couples web site through a google search and was immediately intrigued. We went back and forth on CN and CSA. I had heard stories of Negril and the beauty of the beaches many years ago through reading and folks that had first hand knowledge of this Jamaican paradise. It was one of those places you dream about visiting but never expect to get there. Anyway, we decided on CSA as we liked the look of the rooms and were really jazzed by 7 Mile Beach. Did I mention that I love the beach? We really did not know what we were in for and spent almost six months hoping we had made the right decision.

We liked it so much we went back the next two years. We are returning home to CSA next June after missing the last couple of years and can't wait to get back. One of the things that draws us back is that it is so non typical of what we expected for a high end resort. Relaxed and unpretentious, no attitudes from staff or other guests. As casual or dressy as you care for. You can be as social as you want to be or you can spend the entire time and never talk to another soul, other than a bar tender of course.

I think I could go on, but you get the idea. See ya'll at the beach in June!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Love everyone's responses, many of whom actually went as far back as when they first decided on going with Couples in general, let alone picking which of the four resorts they eventually selected for their inaugural stay. So I'll go back even a little further as well.

Like many others I suspect, prior to choosing Couples, we were considering the Evil Empire. Rosa and I had previously stayed at an AI a number of years back, which was in Cancun. We enjoyed our stay, altho I can't say the resort was all that super - but then again it wasn't pricey either, so this was probably one of those "you get what you paid for" type of vacations. We definitely wanted to experience another AI type of vacation at some point down the road, and this time would be willing to spend a little more in hopes of getting more.

Over the years we had learned that Jamaica was the mecca of AIs and we felt the next time we book an AI vacation, it would be there. Of course, there wasn't much research necessary, as we were flooded with ads from the evil S, be it on TV, radio, magazines, or the internet. In essence, we thought this chain was synonymous with Jamaica and when the time came to start researching our trip (by then we decided to do this for our 25th wedding anniversary), naturally we planned on booking with them.

This is the part where I always like to say thank you to Trip Advisor, because had it not been for a small but trip-altering thread in their website that I just happened upon, I'm sure to this day we'd have booked at the wrong resort. I spotted a subject titled "S vs Couples". The question asked by the person who started the thread was which of these resorts would others recommend as she and her SO had not yet decided where to stay. To my amazement, a sizable majority chose Couples, and what really swayed me was that nested within these responses were those who stayed at BOTH chains at some point or another, and here the percentage in favor of Couples was even greater.

I barely heard of this resort prior to reading this thread, but immediately thereafter I began reading up on anything and everything Couples related, including tour books and websites. And of course I eventually made my way onto this message board. Even tho by the time I made it in here we were already leaning toward Couples, this board simply iced it for us.

So there it is, the 'prequel' to my initial post on this thread.
    Because Couples relies more on word of mouth from happy repeat customers like us. Happy customers return, and hopefully tell or bring their friends. We are bringing 6 with us in April, 4 of which are repeater's that we brought with us the first time around. I sent another couple to CSA on their honeymoon. So many on this board have done the same. When you multiply it all out.. works quite well. There is a reason so many of us go back year after year! This message board is a wonderful perk for all of us looking for answers to questions, but you really do quickly bond with people who are interested in the same things as you. This message board is a great marketing tool for Couples too.

We love the beach. We spend our summers on the Jersey shore. We love to vacation. We have done all kinds of vacations. But something about milestone events always led us to want to get away to an island. We did St Martin for our 15th, Bahamas for my 40th, the DR for our 20th, Antigua for our 25th, and then it was like, what the heck, lets go yearly. So we did Puerto Rico. Loved them all, what is not to like about getting away from the cold! Heard so many great things about St Johns and decided to go there, and oh, my the cost. TA said that there are so many other places to go for half the cost, but the Mexico suggestions just didn't sit well. So I sat down and looked into AI (there is something so relaxing about not worrying about where to eat and paying the tab everywhere) that were no kids, have three and why vacation away from ours only to have others around. Had been swayed away from Jamaica by many, long rides from the airports and "dangerous" from days gone by. But I stumbled upon the site for Couples and saw the pictures for CSA and just thought that that was it for us. The price was right and the low profile of the resort and the palm trees just seemed to say ahhhh. We had a wonderful trip and went back a second time. And it was equally, if not, better. So here we were, deciding what to do. Go a third time. The $500 credit deal was in the offing. Having gone to CN for the Trading Places last trip, we knew CN was nice, not as nice as CSA, we felt, not worth switching, so we decided to go for it and see the Ochie side and decided on CSS. We are set to go on 1/30 and though I know I will miss the wonderful 7 mile beach, I know that we will be treated to the service, the food and the vibe that is Couples. We are excited to be awaiting our next visit. That is why I am keeping up with this MB. I love to read about anything and everything as a way to keep me looking forward to a trip that is coming following a busy holiday season and a great break from the winter. I know that we may compare and maybe some things may not live up to what we have come to love at CSA, but we know that we will have a great time. Plus it is fun to have the anticipation of getting to spend time at a new and different place that has the same excellent standard of excellence. We had spoken so highly of CSA that friends visited and when they heard we were heading to CSS they wanted to join us on our trip and we have the added anticipation of traveling with folks we have known forever. First time with someone else on our get away and that is making it all the more to look forward to. Never did any of the group things on our own at CSA but we are looking forward to being able to do them at CSS. Having our Couples trip to look forward to just keeps things rolling along and gives us something to look forward to. We have found Jamaica to be a wonderful island with wonderful people. We loved Antigua, but overall, Jamaica is the place for us. There is something about the island that just is everything we want in a vacation. It is beautiful, warm and such a laid back, casual feeling, that we have never been able to feel anywhere else. People think we are odd to be returning for a third time. When I read about people returning for so many more times I just understand. Couples, the resorts, the inclusions, the vibe, the food, the drinks, the chance to be away from winter in a place that is comfortable, unhurried and not pretentious just means the world to us. Been married for 30 plus years and this our time away to Jamaica and a Couples resort is just the right combination of all that makes a true get away a true getaway! But to answer the question, what made us decide on Couples to begin with, it was the pictures of the resort from the ocean, the palm treed coast, the buildings with limited number of rooms. It is what we loved about our walks along 7 mile beach and seeing the resort ahead either right or left. CSA is just the best place on 7 Mile Beach. I hope the setting of CSS will be as a wonderful a setting for us. I suspect it will be. I have not second guessed our decision. I figure if it is not to our ultimate satisfaction it will be back to CSA. We are looking forward to new! Just think that you cannot go wrong with the Couples brand. Can't wait to see the Ochie side of the Island!

What a great question!

After a few trips to Mobay we decided it was time to see a different side. So after having a look around I stumbled onto the Couples site. Now the research began, where to choose!!

We decided on CSS, mostly because of the romantic atmosphere. Despite the fact we haven't been there yet, I liked the fact that there were so many posts about the secluded feeling and hidden spots that you can relax and enjoy the lush tropical surroundings.

Couple that with the availabilty of room service and a wonderful looking room (beachfront jacuzzi) and we were sold!

Default Good TA

I have used the same TA for about 30 years. When we shopped for leisure travel, I naturally went to her. She turned us on to a reaort in MX that is part of the Karisma chain and we visited there with friends & family for about a dozen years. Finally, the resort gained enough "stars" to price us into more options...we tried JM. Our first try, at the TA suggestion was in Negril, but not Couples. It was nice, but didn't scratch our itch. Last year we tried CSA and are now onboard for extended visits. We liked CSA, but it is such a beautiful country, we wanted to expand a little, so this Dec (51 days) we're going to CSS.

Our TA has, over her lengthy career, visited a lot of different spots, both for her vacation and fam. opportunities. Personal references from friends, family and others taht we trust are very good indicators. First, we know the source so we are able to rate their recommendation. Second, a personal comment is a great way to sort through all of the great photos & promises.

We found at CSA that nothing was over-promised or photo-shopped. It was as nice and beautiful as represented...even more than we expected. We always hope that our next choice is always as good as our last. We have to be pretty discerning with how we spend money, but don't mind at all paying a premium price for a premium experience. The hospitality at CSA was wonderful and impressed us enough to become repeaters. Who knows where we'll end up a year from now. Just hope we have jobs that allow us the privelege of seeing & enjoying thw world. Besides, Jamaica in December beats anything Missouri has to offer during that time of year!

Actually my new found travel agent picked Couples for us. We told her we wanted to go to Jamaica in November/December to a resort with no kids. We also wanted to visit Nine Mile and just relax. She recommended Couples CSS. Told us to go to the website and check it out. We did and we'll be at CSS for our very first visit to Jamaica and a Couples resort. We're too excited. My son liked it so much that he's coming in March or April. Did I mention that I'm pretty excited.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2