Thread: World Series

Hybrid View

Default World Series

I'm not going to mention the team I'm rooting for, because I don't want to jinx them from winning a second consecutive championship, but I've noticed the entire World Series will be played while we're at CN. Last year, game five started the night before we left and was interrupted by rain. We watched the last three innings a couple of days later in the game room. I was disappointed that we were the only baseball fans there, but at least my lovely lady was understanding enough to join me and hold my hands so I wouldn't bite them down to the knuckles.
    Three innings is one thing, an entire series is something else. If my team progresses, I've promised to focus on enjoying our vacation, as long as she doesn't mind me buying the DVD afterwards. And no... I won't make her watch it with me.

Sounds like you have a plan. What about recording them on a DVR and watch them when you get back?
    Irie Mon

I can't imagine not being able to watch the specific team your talking about. I would have to bring my laptop for just that purpose.

GO YANKEES...RIGHT? HA HA

Quote Originally Posted by raydeena View Post
    I can't imagine not being able to watch the specific team your talking about. I would have to bring my laptop for just that purpose.

GO YANKEES...RIGHT? HA HA
    Old Joe Giradi is doing his part to keep the Yankees out of it. I'd bring my laptop and find an internet radio station that might broadcast the game. What could be better than sitting on a moonlit beach, sipping a cool libation, smoking a nice cigar and listening to our favorite team win a second consectutive WS Ring.

phillydog,

Sounds like my husband's dream. We'll be home though watching in the cold and yelling at the TV like true Philly-(any team)fans. Here's hoping William Penn is still atop the Comcast tower

Quote Originally Posted by kybluehen View Post
    I'm not going to mention the team I'm rooting for, because I don't want to jinx them from winning a second consecutive championship, but I've noticed the entire World Series will be played while we're at CN. Last year, game five started the night before we left and was interrupted by rain. We watched the last three innings a couple of days later in the game room. I was disappointed that we were the only baseball fans there, but at least my lovely lady was understanding enough to join me and hold my hands so I wouldn't bite them down to the knuckles.
    Three innings is one thing, an entire series is something else. If my team progresses, I've promised to focus on enjoying our vacation, as long as she doesn't mind me buying the DVD afterwards. And no... I won't make her watch it with me.
    make sure to pack your philly phanatic foam finger !! enjoy
    ps next year the world series will be played around the same week you may want to minimize the stress and bump up your travel a week or 2

Well kybluehen,
    I know the feeling. We were in the same boat 2004 & 2007.
    We all know who won those series.
    There are computers you can look at, but as far as watching
    you may be out of luck.
    Good luck to your team. I know we aren't on the same
    page with that one.

All I can say is GO TEAM whom we will not mention by name!!!! We were at CSA when they won last year and we will be at CSA again this year. I'm hoping for a bit of Deja Vu. Last year we kept running over to the sports bar to watch. It was fun because some other people were there from our city when we went so we had a big cheering section. Go Number Eight.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by firegirlsheetboy View Post
    All I can say is GO TEAM whom we will not mention by name!!!! We were at CSA when they won last year and we will be at CSA again this year. I'm hoping for a bit of Deja Vu. Last year we kept running over to the sports bar to watch. It was fun because some other people were there from our city when we went so we had a big cheering section. Go Number Eight.
    Glad you realized you had to go back to make sure not to Jinx the team.

I mean that is just how we JROLL or RAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in some parts of the area..

Also going to be at CSA cheering on the team (hopefully) we will not mention by name!!!!

Wow, didn't even think about World Series. Just checked. Game 7 if needed will be 11/5. I leave for CTI 11/8. Good timing. Wouldn't want to miss my team winning second consecutive championship. Plus I already told my wife I'll be watching my college team playing South Florida on ESPN Thursday night while there.

Wow I hate to disappoint you Philly Fans but the Yankees will be there with a few players that will have somthing to say about a repeat. Good luck and GO YANKEES!!!

I would almost be willing to go to the AN beach to get BIG RED to repeat.

Ok, that is not true, but I will send my wife over. HA HA

No problem picking up the game at CN; the question is choosing how to spend our Couples time. I can watch the DVD at home, but I've never succeeded in bringing Paul Tucker home from the piano bar, no matter how many times I've tried.
    We are not going to change when we go. We hate having to constantly get up and answer the door to pass out candy to kids we don't know, and then feeling guilty for their obesity later in life, so we love scheduling our annual visit to include both Halloween and the week before Election Day, thus missing a whole week of campaign ads. It's wonderful, and yes, we vote absentee before leaving.
    We don't have a DVR.
    If you spot a bright red Jimmy Rollins shirt at CN 10/27 - 11/5, come say hi to me.

Default World Series

Dear World Series,
    I'm out doing the World Series for FOX and I would rather be in CTI than in New York currently. If it was me, I would be worrying about where my next cocktail was coming from, than the score of the game - just me, just saying. I'll be down in
    Decmeber and I hope I have better things to worry about than the score of a ballgame. Just saying!
    peace