Default Nude beach etiquette?

This is going to be our first time at CTI (couples resort for that matter). We are so excited about trying out the AN/nude beach. Although, we are a bit shy and hoping we can only "hang out" with each other, and to avoid eye contact, conversation, etc. with others. (only due to shyness) Is there such thing as AN/nude beach etiquette?

Thanks!

yes, there is all kinds of information for you on the au naturel thread. Head there and see if that helps. I know it helped us before we went to CSS - by the way LOVED IT!! Have fun!

Just go and enjoy. You will figure it out. The neatest people are there, and before too long you will feel right at home. Head to the right of the island if you want to at first, as that is the quiet side. Once comfortable, head to the pool and have a great time.

Actually the etiquette is to look into the eyes of the one you are speaking with. I am sure you will be able to find a spot where contact with others is minimal but guarantee you after a few cocktails you'll be more open to interaction with the other TI participants. It's all good ~ no judgment ~ no gawking ~ just people enjoying themselves, the sun and the cocktails.
    ... it keepsh me shane

On your first trip over to the island go to the right side away from the pool. This are has less people and it make it easier for you to get comfortable with being AN. In an hour or two you will be up going to the bar and in the pool. Just relax and enjoy.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post
    Actually the etiquette is to look into the eyes of the one you are speaking with. I am sure you will be able to find a spot where contact with others is minimal but guarantee you after a few cocktails you'll be more open to interaction with the other TI participants. It's all good ~ no judgment ~ no gawking ~ just people enjoying themselves, the sun and the cocktails.
    Another AN etiquette is to be AN. What I'm referring to is, once you find your place to be "alone" with your partner and you disrobe, then remain AN. Don't get dressed to walk to the bar and get drinks or water and then disrobe again when you return to your spot. You will get comfortable pretty quickly so walking to the bar AN will not be an issue for you.

Also, along with no gawking and no judgements people generally don't compliment other people on things not seen by others in an non-AN environment. It's okay to tell someone you like their sunglasses, maybe that they have a great tan, but not to talk about someone's other physical attributes if you know what I mean. That just gets a little too uncomfortable.

Go and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post
    Actually the etiquette is to look into the eyes of the one you are speaking with.
    As is the etiquette anywhere anytime! LOL! It's rude to stare at any other body part when speaking to someone even with clothes on

It's kind of hard to avoid eye contact and/or conversations. People seem to be even friendlier when they're AN (IMHO) I thought it would be weird at first too, but after the first couple of hours (and drinks) it didn't bother me at all. Just go- relax and enjoy!

You need to be of a certain character to go AN, so the island is full of characters. Honestly I've never been in a place where everyone's so friendly. Within 5 mins you forget you're nude and so does everyone else.

Best bit of advice - get in the pool and chill out around the bar. You won't feel so exposed emersed in the water and its the place where people strike up converstaions. It's really easy - you'll be less self concious than striking up small talk in the normal bar.

go and have a great time!

Go to the AN thread and read my post about our first time at CTI in july. Believe everyone when they say you will meet the most fun and nicest people on the An island.

We are pretty much veterans at this point of au natural sunbathing having been to CTI and CSS as well as beaches in Hawaii and summer journeys to a Clothing Optional beach in our home state of NJ.
    FWIW-CTI was my least favorite place to be au natural. First because I really do prefer to be on a beach and second because when I am out sunning, I don't really want to be socializing. This is quiet relaxing time for me and that doesn't really change whether I am naked or in a bathing suit. I enjoy reading, dozing and talking to my husband.
    For people who enjoy the socializing, CTI is a great pick. But just because I am naked it doesn't suddenly change how I want to spend my sunbathing time.
    And I do enjoy socializing at other times but for me I prefer to spend my days in the sun quietly, just me and my husband.