Default Block Numbers at CN

I have been trying to figure out how the block numbers work at CN. I am led to believe that looking from the beach at the buildings farthest left is block 5 moving round to block 1 to the left of Heliconia. Then starting to the right of Heliconia you have block 6 round to 9 near the natural plunge pool?? Ihave tried emailing couples direct but havent got a response? Can anyone help me? We are staying for 3 weeks and want to get our choice right and dont want to be or feel uncomfortable with wrong room choice.

You have the layout correct. Have you tried looking at the map for CN? The entire area may have labels on all of the buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracie View Post
    I have been trying to figure out how the block numbers work at CN. I am led to believe that looking from the beach at the buildings farthest left is block 5 moving round to block 1 to the left of Heliconia. Then starting to the right of Heliconia you have block 6 round to 9 near the natural plunge pool?? Ihave tried emailing couples direct but havent got a response? Can anyone help me? We are staying for 3 weeks and want to get our choice right and dont want to be or feel uncomfortable with wrong room choice.
    You have the layout correct Tracie. We stayed in building 3 and loved it. CN is a small resort so you're never a long way from anything. Buliding 3 was really quiet and we loved having the garden view in the morning and at night because we spent all day on the beach so it was a nice change.

The building bylaws in the area do not allow for any building taller than the AVERAGE palm tree. (A great idea I think many more resort areas should adopt) That means there many palm trees taller than the buildings at CN and CSA so many views of the ocean and beach are through palm leaves.

I'm thrilled for you (and a little envious) that you will be at CN for three weeks. I'm pretty sure if you get a room you're not happy with that CN will do their best to move you to a comparable room you like.

ENJOY!

ENJOY!

Hope this helps you.

Attachment 2501
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; March 22nd, 2010 at 05:48 PM.

I am so jealous that you will be there for three weeks, talk about heaven. The only negative I could think of would the weight that I would gain in those 3 weeks.

But as everyone said you are correct on the lay out. My choice would be Building One or Two.

You are not guaranteed a room. You can request a room and they will try to grant your request. But I tell you, just go with the flow and you will more than likely be happy with what they give you. We have been there five times and have stayed in different blocks and rooms. We liked them all. Change is good. This place is a perfect size resort. No room is too far away from the beach.

Can anyone recommend a building for an ideal beachfront room? We won't be using the AN beach. By checking the map, it looks like #1 or #5 might be good options. I'm also wondering if it's best to request a ground level room or one on a higher level. Any suggestions?

To: RDYJMJM

Thanks so much for the perfect picture of the resort layout!!! I have been looking for something similar myself. We are going to CN for the first time but still have a long ways to go until we can feel the sand between our toes - 4 months & 7 days to go; yet I look at the message board daily - I'm hooked!

All: One other question...someone mentioned on another thread about "road noise". If there is such a thing, which block of rooms would we want to try and avoid?

I understand that you are not guaranteed a room but how do you go about requesting a specific building and level?

warmweatherfriend

We were in building 4 and building 8 both which are close to the road. To be perfectly honest with you the only time I heard road noise was when I was sitting down contemplating on world matters. You would have to listen for it.

Are their rooms on either side of the buildings? For example the back of building 3 looks like if there were rooms there you would be looking at the tennis court?

rastagal77 - no - all the rooms at CN face the inside of the resort (beach, water, or gardens). The main entrance door to your room would be to the "back" of the building so to speak.

rastagal77

When you walk out the door from building 3 you are looking at the tennis courts but the balcony faces the garden. Near the corner of building 4 is the nurses station. All windows, with the exception of end rooms, and sliding doors face inward.

So...do you get to "request" a bldg preferance when you book? We're obviously first timers..

I know Buildings 1, 2, 3, and 4 are considered to be garden rooms. Not sure about 5. It may be beachfront. 6 is beachfront. This year, we requested (and got) Building 1 -- loved the convenience, although absolutely nothing is more than a few steps away. You can't go wrong wherever you stay!

to rastagal -- no, there are no rooms on the "other side". The rooms go from one side of the building to the other, with entrances on both sides.

to Dean Martin: We requested a specific building this time and got it. We also requested ground floor (husband's knees) and got it. So I think the staff may accommodate a request when they can, or if what you have requested is available.