Thread: Booby Cay Ques.

Hybrid View

Default Booby Cay Ques.

While reading on tripadvisor, one person recommended visiting Booby Cay for a snorkeling day trip. Has anyone been there, and is it worth it? Or should we just do the included snorkeling trips? Thanks for your help

I would do the included trip and talk to the water staff on their option on Bobby Cay.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by thelilone View Post
    While reading on tripadvisor, one person recommended visiting Booby Cay for a snorkeling day trip. Has anyone been there, and is it worth it? Or should we just do the included snorkeling trips? Thanks for your help
    if you are at CN it is not too hard to take a cat out there or you may elect to kayak... booby cay really isnt much to see
    used to have lots of cat and a few local merchants becareful as you approach the island there is coral just a few feet below the water

We will be at CN. First time. Thank you for your help. We will try our hand at the cat or kayak.

Booby Cay is not visible from CN. You would have to go left past GLN and around the point. I once asked if I could take a Hobie Cat out to Booby Cay but was told I had to remain in sight of the resort. It would be more dangerious to take a kayak around the point. I've taken the glass bottom boat tour around Booby Cay and it didn't look real inviting. Has anyone actually made the voyage?

Quote Originally Posted by Run3 View Post
    Booby Cay is not visible from CN. You would have to go left past GLN and around the point. I once asked if I could take a Hobie Cat out to Booby Cay but was told I had to remain in sight of the resort. It would be more dangerious to take a kayak around the point. I've taken the glass bottom boat tour around Booby Cay and it didn't look real inviting. Has anyone actually made the voyage?

After looking at different blogs, it doesn't sound to appealing. But out of curiosity.......has anyone ever made the trip on hobie or kayak?

If you want to voyage out on your own for some snorkeling you can take a kayak. They are 2 person kayaks. Take it to the left past GLN and you will find some small caves. You can beach the kayak and snorkel the coral just off the shore. It's all within Bloody Bay and you can check out GLN's other beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Run3 View Post
    yep just approach the cay from the western side to avoid running into the shallow water over coral

Just a quick thought - The hobie cat was super fun and very each to do. We were first timers 1 week ago. Go on the CN cnorkling trip a couple times. The go to different spots and its so much fun, I wouldnt even mess with other bays after the great things Capt Crunch showed us!