Hybrid View

Default **~~Questions and a quick review ~~**

We just returned a few days ago from Couples Swept Away.

First ... I have a couple of questions...

1. Does anyone know where or how I can purchase a long sleeve TEE with Jamaica on it. I could kick myself ...I had intended on going back to the gift store in the Great House and getting a long sleeve tee and totally forgot. Can you buy online or does anyone have one to sell ~~~ size large.

2. Does anyone know the Jamaican Sunshine band (mentos band) from the beach. 3 men and the one man holds his hand like a microphone. We purchased one of their CD's but now I'm wishing I had another one. We wanted the one that they sang Dont Worry and Thank You Lord. If anyone knows how I can buy one let me know or if you are going to CSA please let me know.

My review ...

First just 2 minor things. We did ask for certain items in the minibar and didnt get them... I assumed they were not available. (Diet Sprite or Diet 7up) But no big worries there. The second thing is we felt like we were short changed on the tour. We were driven to the great house and shown a film and that was it. I would have liked to have been shown the grounds and tour. But we figured it out. I also think it would be a great addition to have a newcomers time each day ... for a tour and dinner or lunch. We were kinda lost the first day and I was starved. I felt like we couldnt get food.

Anyway thats the minor stuff.

I feel in love with CSA. It was the most relaxing and wonderful vacation I have ever had. The bus ride was fine. The streets of Jamaica... well I'm glad I don't have to drive them and I'm thankful for those bus drivers.

Our room was a GVS - 3203. It had the BEST bed in it! I slept so good there. The room was clean and well maintained. The view and verandah awesome. The sounds of Jamaica - AWESOME. I even had my hubs record it on his phone.

The beach... I'm just speechless. Wonderful photos of it and the sunsets are fantastic.

The drinks were bountiful and I really miss them. I think I am in detox right now.

The food - well I'm in detox right now too. I am missing the french toast with Banana syrup. I ate stuff I didnt know what it was and it was delicious. The only item we didn't care for was the *goat milk* I wasn't expecting that. But hey, I just didn't drink it. The coffee was fabulous.

The rain - dont fret it. It rained every day. Some days we stayed in the ocean and some days we went to the room. you are already wet ... just stay in the ocean!

I even loved the getting dressed and going to dinner. After being in a swimsuit all day it was so nice to get cleaned up.

When I try to explain to people about how wonderful our vacation was - I don't have the words. It was just the most relaxed and awesome time I have ever had. I cannot wait to go back.

See if this link will work for my photos ...

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=1103...=1268338546033

I think Couples only has Pepsi and local brand soft drinks and that is why you did not get Diet Sprite or Diet 7up.
    Irie Mon

Thanks for the review. I'll be going to CSA for the first time in 12 days; I can hardly wait. I was not able to view your photos from the link.

One question for you....how long was the movie that you watched? I'm not sure that I'll want to spend time taking a tour but would definitely be interested in viewing a QUICK movie that outlines the Resort. Just as long as it wasn't too long or, better yet, if I could watch it in my room while unpacking. Do you know if that's an option? Thanks

tharris, they do have a channel on your room's tv that explains the resort's areas. Also, a map of the resort will be in your room.

Yes you can watch the exact same thing in your room on TV. We had already watched it in our room ... so we were disappointed in the tour... because it was not a tour. And we saw other tour guides showing people around later during our trip. So I don't know why we did not get that. But ... like I said, we figured it out and loved it!!!!! Its easy to get around and you do get a map.

Loved the review, especially the part about being in "detox" for the food LMAO...so true!!!!!
    Kristen

Default Nature Tour

Perhaps when you saw folks "touring around",it was the Nature Tour where you are shown all the beautiful flora and fauna of the resort.

ferg031502 - your pictures are beautiful!!! We land in Jamaica in 25 days and heading to CTI... can't wait to be back "home"!

Wow, what beautiful photos, thanks so much for sharing them. 38 days until we're at CSA for the first time!

What happened to resort orientations, where they do show you around and explain everything to you? I have to think they still do those and have not replaced them with a film. Randymon????????

Yours are hands down the BEST photos of CSA I have seen. I am more excited than ever now. We leave for Jamaica on November 24th. I just know we are going to have the most amazing trip. Thank you so much for sharing.

Great pictures! Really enjoyed looking at them and daydreaming about heading back 'home' in less than 2 months.

I'm wondering about the tour now. For the last 3 years we have taken the tour it's been one where they walked us around the entire resort. I wonder if they changed the way they do them now because we never watched any sort of video.

So glad to hear your time at CSA was awesome and that you'll be returning.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

Someone apparently short-cutted the orientation process. We are looking into this. Staff is supposed to take new guests on a walking tour of the resort.

Couples Resorts

Randymon,

It was the day of the beach party (the anniversary) so maybe the staff had a lot going on. Not sure. But if they did - they should have cancelled the tour. We took the 5pm tour with one other couple. As soon as the staff member came to us, he put us on a bus out front & drove us to the Great House and showed us dvd(which was the same as in the room on TV) He did show us where the cocktail party and Feathers was in the great house. But thats all.

Hopefully they were just distracted with the anniversary party and setting up for that.

I guess I'll just have to make plans to come BACK to CSA for that walking tour!!!!!!!!!! I can live with that