Thread: Shoes

Default Shoes

We will be leaving for CN in 2 days. I was wondering if at any of the restaurants would I need closed toe shoes? All my dress sandals that I am bringing are open toed. Thanks

Don & Gina
    Sioux City, IA

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

From the Couples brochure:

When dining in any of our restaurants—besides the laid-back Beach Grill—during the evening hours, we request that you keep your sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops in your room. And while casual elegance is the preferred style at most of our restaurants, we request a slightly more upscale look at [the gourmet restaurant]. Men are asked to wear slacks, collared shirts, and closed shoes,* while dresses, skirts, or dress pants are requested for ladies.

*Note that it's "closed" shoes, not "closed-toe" shoes.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I guess not. The Otaheite used to require closed toed shoes for men, but it no longer says that on the web site. Now it just states: "jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted". There is no mention of closed toed shoes or sandals. I guess they changed it!

http://www.couples.com/13cn/34dining.htm
    Last edited by Wally; October 22nd, 2009 at 05:56 PM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

A woman can get away with true dress type open toe shoes. They are not made for men. Hope this helps.
    Irie Mon

Gina won't but Don will, in Otaheite only

Hi! From what I have read, your sandals would be just fine. It's the guys that need to wear closed toed shoes. Most of the responses here have been for ladies to wear wedge type shoes to avoid having the heels sink into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    We will be leaving for CN in 2 days. I was wondering if at any of the restaurants would I need closed toe shoes? All my dress sandals that I am bringing are open toed. Thanks

Don & Gina
    Sioux City, IA
    Betty thank you for making me smile !!!
    just by chance did you take a look at the FAQ - (insert Pam's post ) here or do a simple search on this topic ? I am curious
    Think Crocs as a backup they are closed toe
    enjoy

"Think Crocs as a backup they are closed toe"

Loafers, Driving Mocs, Topsiders are all closed toes and acceptable in place of men's dress shows. Crocs??? ehh

This post made me smile and then chuckle when I seen that Steverandlinda hadn't forgot about the crocs....although, they do need to be PINK, to really compliment the outfit!!!
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    This post made me smile and then chuckle when I seen that Steverandlinda hadn't forgot about the crocs....although, they do need to be PINK, to really compliment the outfit!!!
    what color sox ? black? with a matching pink lace around the ankle? today is oct 23 over under day for a new show post will be oct 30th betting window is open ...

Personally I am going with the one white, one black, sock, but NOW I have to look for some with pink lace!!!! Will the madness ever end? LMAO
    Kristen