Default CTI and the food

OK all you CTI fans. I haven't been hearing any raves about the food you are eating there so WHAT GIVES?

If I don't start hearing some rants soon us CN loyalist are planning a kidnap of your head chef!

Hmmm, interesting that you would post this Jim. Every review I've read from folks who have recently stayed at CTI had very positive things to say about the food.

Here's one from a couple of months back, but it just so happens someone just responded to it, so it's back near the top of the front page.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=1095
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We thought the food at CTI was great. It was very similar to CN, although not quite as good. We attribute that to the fact CTI had only been open four days and they were still working out some kinks.

However, I did have one food complaint. I was extremely disappointed in the jerk burger at the grill. CN's jerk burger is the absolute best. I have had one every day I've been at CN. But the one at CTI could not compare at all. I don't remember what all about it I didn't like, but it was a definite let down.

Seriously, though. That was my ONLY complaint about CTI - food, staff, rooms, or otherwise. It might sound nitpicky, but that's how much I truly love CN's jerk burger!

I had one item all week, and I ATE down there, that I was not fond of. I was impressed by the new Bayside, 8 Rivers maintained the flair we loved about the French Restaurant, Verandah had some new offerings and presentations that were ALL winners (Ackee fritters...HELLO!), and the Patio had a great mix.

I do wish the Patio had more day-to-day Jamaican offerings, but at least I got my Ackee and Codfish in the AM, and my Curried Goat for lunch!

The new beach grill offerings and the chips/dip at the Veggie Bar were also delicious.

Jim:

Are you talking about Chef Stefan Spath? He is the Executive Chef over all four Couples Resorts.

The food at CTI is great and you can not have him back.
    Irie Mon

Ron & Rosa 25

I'm still planning on kidnapping the head chef and hiding him at CN!

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    Ron & Rosa 25

I'm still planning on kidnapping the head chef and hiding him at CN!
    LOL - obviously your original post sailed WAY over my head! Sorry about that and good one.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    . . . . I was extremely disappointed in the jerk burger at the grill. CN's jerk burger is the absolute best. I have had one every day I've been at CN. But the one at CTI could not compare at all. I don't remember what all about it I didn't like, but it was a definite let down.
    I haven't been to CTI since 1998, so I have no recollection about the burgers there, but I was at CSS in August noticed a difference in the burgers served at CSS and CN. The burger at CSS was similar to meatloaf and reminded my husband of burgers that he's had in England, whereas the burger at CN was more similar to burgers in the states, which are typically ground round with very little added to the ground beef.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Pamela, I agree that the burgers have seasoning in them like the ones in England. I eat the burgers in Jamaica and enjoy them. I live in the States (originally from England), and I do not enjoy eating a quarter pound lump of ground beef with no flavorings. Each to their own. The food was good at CTI, but we did miss some of the old things they used to serve. I missed one buffet lunch in 2 weeks and I bet that was the day they had goat curry, because I didn't see it. My husband missed the hot deserts at lunch time. T

Full trip report hopefully tomorrow, we just got back a few minutes ago. Ate at the Verandah twice and Eight Rivers Twice, and was much happier with the Verandah - very surprising and not what they are trying for I don't think. Overall felt like food service was not up to previous two visits. Maybe still not up to speed? Bayside was immensely better doing Asian than they were doing Italian. Huge, Gigantic, impossible to overstate improvement there.