Default CSA casual atire - men

Is it OK to wear nice shorts and a couples to dinner?

As long as you are not going to Feathers.

Required Dress Code for ladies is "semi-formal".
    For gentlemen: collar shirt, dress long pants (no jeans/ denim), dress shoes / closed shoes.
    Irie Mon

Nice shorts are fine...not sure about the "Couples" part of your question.
    Kristen

It is for any restaurant except feathers.

Men can wear nice shorts to dinner and any all restaurants except for the fancy restaurant at each resort. That restaurant requires long pants, a collared shire and closed toed shoes. They are strict about that dress code.
    If you don't feel like dressing you will find many dinner choices that you can dress casual.

Shorts are acceptable anywhere except Feathers.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.

From the Couples brochure:

Be sure to pack lots of light and comfortable clothing—and remember to include a few nice items to wear at night! We like to think we’re pretty casual, but there are a few minor dress requirements. When dining in any of our restaurants—besides the laid-back Beach Grill—during the evening hours, we request that you keep your sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops in your room. And while casual elegance is the preferred style at most of our restaurants, we request a slightly more upscale look at [the gourmet restaurant]. Men are asked to wear slacks, collared shirts, and closed shoes, while dresses, skirts, or dress pants are requested for ladies.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

sweet ginger brown !!! thank you for making my week !!
    depends on what place you plan on eating

i would suggest you use the search and or FAQ. Couples paid some bright person a decent buck to help your cause give that person their due and try out those wonderful features

Shorts are OK in some restaurants although others require dress slacks, I think the dress requirements are listed in the resort dinning guides.

Bob always wears nice shorts to dinner at The Palms and Patois Patio. He usually wears khakis or nice shorts to Lemongrass. Feathers is the only restaurant that requires slacks for men.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbumsDD View Post
    Is it OK to wear nice shorts and a couples to dinner?
    Absolutely... except to Feathers of course where pants, a shirt with a collar and closed toe shoes are required.

Read the descriptions on the "dining and restaurants" link for CSA. It should help you know what to wear.

http://couples.com/12sw/24diningSW.htm

Personally I like to put on nice shorts and a nice golf shirt or a nice short sleeve shirt when I have dinner at Couples with my loved one. I'm pretty sure she appreciates it when I make an effort to dress up a little when we go out together... and it really isn't that much effort.

Hi beachbums,
    Welcome to the CSA family. There are plenty of threads here on the message board discussing the attire to be worn during dinner. You can use the search function and find them. In any event, nice shorts are only allowed at the Patios and Palms restaurants in the evening. The "reservations required" restaurants require men to wear long pants, collared shirts and closed toe shoes.
    Enjoy your time in paradise!

"In any event, nice shorts are only allowed at the Patios and Palms restaurants in the evening. The "reservations required" restaurants require men to wear long pants, collared shirts and closed toe shoes."

Well...
    Lemongrass is reservation restaurant, and men can wear nice shorts there....this is why the FAQ's are the best source of info.
    Thanks for posting them Pamela