Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Park145,

Tipping is not necessary or allowed. You may see some tipping but that is putting the staff in a position that they could lose their job. The best thing you can do is every time you deal with an employee that you feel gave exemplary service get their name and write it down to put on the survey form you get the last day. Spend time to talk to all the staff, they are great (don't wait for the last day to write down names as you will meet a lot of great people and forget someones name).

You can smoke pretty much anywhere outside. You may find someone who objects, just move away a few feet. Don't let them ruin your vacation.

There is a lot of entertainment that starts right around 8:00. Beach party and Silverbirds Steel Drums are our favorite.

SPF 50 and bring it with you as it is a little expensive there, sunglasses and open mind. If you are worried how you look compared to everyone else, I will be on the island on the 4th and I am old, short, chubby and balding so just sit near me and you will look good. If you are thinking about it go over and if when you walk up you decide its not for you, you can leave before you even get your shirt off.

@ park145: So, about the island.... I recommend using the spf 50 in the room BEFORE heading over. It's always a little awkward slathering the bits n' pieces out in open ;-) BUT...I sense some trepidation about going au natural? I say, "Go for it!" We were apprehensive about it too but I don't live well with regret. I didn't want to be 80 someday and think back wishing I would've done it. It turns out that it wasn't our "thing" but now we have a memory and experience together. And THAT'S what it's about.

Thanks for the info. We're really looking forward to doing absolutely nothing (lol), and that's always more enjoyable when everyone makes you feel welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwstrafford View Post
    We are very excited to be heading to CTI for our 25th anniversary. We will be there from May 13-19. Can't wait...
    We will be there the same time also celebrating our 25th (sort of - our anniversary is in November).

Bert and Kristina

We will be there from May 13 to the 20th. We have been to CN three times and spent most of the time on the beach. We are hoping to like CTI as much as CN.

Bert and Kristina - we'll be the couple on the island with the Washington tan (aka white).

9 weeks (or 60 days) and we will be on our way!! woohoo

I can't believe its almost here! I feel like I started this thread forever ago!! We just did our pre-check in with Romance Rewards and it's pretty neat that you can make some dinner reservations ahead of time now

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" ~Bob Marley

Hey guys, Chuck and Wendy here. Congrats on your 25th.. ours will be April but celebrating in May. Hope to meet you two while we are there. We can't wait for this trip to CTI.. and meeting new friends.

41 days and counting! My wife and I are spending entirely too much time watching CTI travel vlogs and daydreaming about this trip. Time is moving too slow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Ann ~N~ Paul View Post
    I can't believe its almost here! I feel like I started this thread forever ago!! We just did our pre-check in with Romance Rewards and it's pretty neat that you can make some dinner reservations ahead of time now
    Just curious...how far in advance can you (did you) pre-check with RR? On our previous trips there was not the option of making early dinner reservations and I would love to take advantage of that new feature. Can you also reserve spots on the catamaran cruise?

Starting a May list for CTI
    Chuck and Wendy 5/13-5/19

Jeanne and Chris 4/30-5/6

5/6-5/11

Nick & Reagan 5/21-5/27

Scott & Tammy 5/6-5/13

Less than 30 days out! The closer it gets, the more time feels like it's going slower. Also, the wife is giving me funny looks when I walk around the house in a sarong and sandals. Hurry up, April 30!

Tommy and Gloria 5/8 - 5-13....only 5 more weeks. Yeah!!!

It was our first trip to jamaica.. jamaica is having lot's of restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Biggs View Post
    Just curious...how far in advance can you (did you) pre-check with RR? On our previous trips there was not the option of making early dinner reservations and I would love to take advantage of that new feature. Can you also reserve spots on the catamaran cruise?
    I'm not sure how far ahead you can do it, but you need to have your flights booked when you do it. We did ours in Feb for the May trip. You can reserve spots on the cat cruise! It let us do one restaurant reservation and one "Excursion" and we chose the catamaran cruise!

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

Went back and looked at our confirmation email and we actually have one reservation at BOTH Eight Rivers and Bayside, plus the excursion

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

So dang excited! We're under 6 weeks to go now. We did our pre-check and have dinner at Bayside and Eight Rivers and cat cruise reservations now. That is so cool. Way to take care of your returners, Couples. I cannot wait to be home. I think we're going to try out the Luminous Lagoon on this trip. Has anyone ever done that excursion?

So dang excited! We're under 6 weeks to go now. We did our pre-check and have dinner at Bayside and Eight Rivers and cat cruise reservations now. That is so cool. Way to take care of your returners, Couples. I cannot wait to be home. I think we're going to try out the Luminous Lagoon on this trip. Has anyone ever done that excursion?
    I was wondering about this excursion too! 33 days!

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

We booked the Luminous Lagoon on our trip, I can't help you though, this is our first trip but I did check it out online and it looked cool. Just have to wait and see.

23 days and counting.

Name:  10 days.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  94.3 KB

So ready to catch that plane!

Quote Originally Posted by cheri-greg-wv View Post
    Name:  10 days.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  94.3 KB

So ready to catch that plane!
    whoop whoop, 18 days here!

CSA 2014