Default Enjoying the balcony w/o mosquitoes?

Does CN still have Citronella candles for the guests to use on the balcony in the evening? I don't remember seeing any the past couple if trips but I thought I remembered seeing some on earlier trips.
    Any other ideas to enjoy the balcony mosquito free?
    THanks!

CN Nov 2014. I don't remember any Citronella candles but there were no mosquitoes either.

Try lavender oil or lavender candles .....mosquitoes hate lavender (well the European ones do .....) Could try taking Thiamin B1 tablets 2 weeks before holiday and during holiday, the smell of yeast in your sweat keeps them away - tried, tested and proven in India. Hope this helps and happy holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Does CN still have Citronella candles for the guests to use on the balcony in the evening? I don't remember seeing any the past couple if trips but I thought I remembered seeing some on earlier trips.
    Any other ideas to enjoy the balcony mosquito free?
    THanks!
    I have been to Jamaica 5 times. Never encountered a mosquito. Biting ants, but not mosquitos

We have been to Couples 4 times and never found mosquitoes to be a problem. A little common sense will help. Just like any other place on the planet, bugs in Jamaica are attracted to light. At night, if you want to leave your balcony door open, turn off all of the room lights. Turn off the light on your balcony also.

About the only time we ever had any problem with insects is on the beach at night when you will get bitten by sand fleas. Happens mostly after dark, when you are close to the water, and stop walking for any amount of time. You are bothered less if you keep moving. Some insect repellant from the knees down would help. However for us it wasn't bad enough to bother.

Enjoy your stay in paradise

Only 17 more days until we return to CSA
    Last edited by Mad Jack; February 1st, 2016 at 12:05 PM.
    Jack and Kathy

CSA 2007, 2010 and booked for 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014

We were there in November. No candles...lots of bugs. Good idea to bring repellent. We had a great time.

In 7 trips, we've never gotten bitten by anything. We take another couple along, and they got bitten a lot. Hmmmmm.....maybe I'm not sweet enough?

Duane & Mary