Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sitting here reading all of these posts makes me smile.....two reasons:

1. I didn't think I could be more excited than the first time we were getting ready to go to CSS

2. It is definitely worse the second time as we are getting ready to head back home to CSS.

3. I am trying to figure out how I can possible work hard enough next year (I am a commission sales person) to make more than my DH expects me to so we can make an unplanned trip back home in 2010!!!!

Is this craziness or is it just that we are sooo sane the others are the crazy ones???

Hi Mzambo. We live in the Detroit area as well and there are a few Jamaican restaurants around. One in downtown Ann Arbor called the Jerk Pit and one in Canton called the Irie Cafe. The same couple owns both places and the husband is from Negril. The one in Canton has a Sunday brunch so you can try a little of everything. Food is pretty good and it definitely helps to frequent when we have 5 weeks left to San Souci!

Jo and David
    CSA 4 times
    CSS 1st time on Nov 28!

Quote Originally Posted by greanjac View Post
    Hey Marie, Just a couple more weeks and I will be sittin on the beach with my sweetie drinkin Ice Water.
    Dino said to tell Skippy hello and have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by fitzroyfan View Post
    Hi Mzambo. We live in the Detroit area as well and there are a few Jamaican restaurants around. One in downtown Ann Arbor called the Jerk Pit and one in Canton called the Irie Cafe. The same couple owns both places and the husband is from Negril. The one in Canton has a Sunday brunch so you can try a little of everything. Food is pretty good and it definitely helps to frequent when we have 5 weeks left to San Souci!

Jo and David
    CSA 4 times
    CSS 1st time on Nov 28!
    Jo & David,

Thank you so much I had no idea, it will be worth a short drive to check it out! You two are going to love CSS!!!! You already know the beach will not compare, but eveything else is awesome!

Hey Marie, Hello right back to Dino. Have I asked you if you have ever been to the Dakota Inn Rathskeller in Detroit. It's on John R and 6 Mile. Great German Restaurant and beer hall. I used to play the piano there way back when I was in school of Univ. of Detroit.
    GREANJAC

Greanjac, the anticipated ice water supply is fine. i totally tested it for you a couple of weeks ago. Marie, the anticipation of the trip is still something that grows stronger as the days get closer to going "home" time.

that being said with being able to return "home" every year and twice this year the goodbye bus isn't a sad as it once was.

174 days until Swept Away.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by greanjac View Post
    Hey Marie, Hello right back to Dino. Have I asked you if you have ever been to the Dakota Inn Rathskeller in Detroit. It's on John R and 6 Mile. Great German Restaurant and beer hall. I used to play the piano there way back when I was in school of Univ. of Detroit.
    No, never been there, but that neighborhood is pretty bad these days, I'm not sure if it is even there anymore.......will ck into though. I love food, so always looking for something good.

Randy, I'll bet they had to restock after you left. Hope there is some left for me.

Marie, They are still open and have all kinds of events and special promotions. I think they have a web site. just google dakota inn.

two weeks from tomorrow before we leave for home. Yes the anticipation is getting worse especially since the travel docs arrived
    GREANJAC

We have 8 days before we step on Jamaica soil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzambo View Post
    I'm sitting here addicted once again to this board, just under 6 months to go until our next trip, and I am finding this one to be the worst wait yet. Could it be the state of our economy, all the uncertainties in our lives these days? Couples is a familiarity for us that offers such comfort.

I remember posting after my first trip, Is the anticipation greater as a newbie not knowing what to expect, or worse as a repeater knowing what to expect? (kind of like asking a pregnant woman which is worse knowing or not knowing...lol) Here I find myself going on trip number four, and the anticipation is just about to make me nuts!!!

So tell me, how long until your next trip and how many times do you think of Couples each day? How is your anticipation level and what do you do to control it? I'm thinking we may need to develop a 12 step program soon....lol

We work all year for vacation. By the time it finially gets here we are exhausted. By very ready.

Sorry I forgot to introduce ourselves. Teresa and Mark. We are arriving on Nov 8th through the 19th. We have been married for 29 years this last August. We have been to Jamaicia once before (9 years ago). We stayed at H1 in negril. We are from Seattle. Two grown boys. Three grandchildren. We can't wait til we get there. We live all year for our 2 weeks of freedom. Hope to meet a lot of new people.

Default Second time in Jamaica First time at CSS

Can't wait. Work is heavy. Time is slow.

Default Second time in Jamaica First time at CSS

Can't wait. Work is heavy. Time is slow. Does anyone post in the evening. Pacific time that is? We would really like to get to know some people before we arrive. I hope i don't sound eager.. but i just found this message board today and had to wait till i go home to respond. Mark and I have so much fun on our two weeks of freedom and now that it is down to the last week we are actually feeling that it is going to happen.

I am familar with the drink called the hummingbird but what is rum cream? And is this something that i should be looking out for or trying? Please fill me in.

Yeah I'm goin back in April and the anticiaption is just as bad as Carly Simon said about waiting for the ketchup to finally come out of the bottle!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Theresa and Mark, you must try the Rum Cream. That is my hubbys favorite...he drinks it straight up with Rum added. He loves it. We bring home a few bottles every year. We are out now, but will restock in 43 more days!!!!
    Have a good time and welcome to the family!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2