Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    732

    Default Anticipation worse each trip????

    I'm sitting here addicted once again to this board, just under 6 months to go until our next trip, and I am finding this one to be the worst wait yet. Could it be the state of our economy, all the uncertainties in our lives these days? Couples is a familiarity for us that offers such comfort.

    I remember posting after my first trip, Is the anticipation greater as a newbie not knowing what to expect, or worse as a repeater knowing what to expect? (kind of like asking a pregnant woman which is worse knowing or not knowing...lol) Here I find myself going on trip number four, and the anticipation is just about to make me nuts!!!

    So tell me, how long until your next trip and how many times do you think of Couples each day? How is your anticipation level and what do you do to control it? I'm thinking we may need to develop a 12 step program soon....lol

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    For me, the anticipation gets worse. I don't think any newbie ever realizes how much fun they will have, how many friends they will make, or how many memories are born at Couples. You have to go to understand no matter how great your imagination is......hence the popular phrase......"Once you go, you'll know!" Also, I look at the pattern we have developed. We started our first trip with 6 days and it has gone from 6 to 7 to 9 to 11 days on our fourth trip which will happen in June 2010. We know everything we are going to do and we know which friends of ours will be back at the same time, etc. However, I can''t imagine what new friends I am going to make, what new staff is there to make this trip even better than the ones before, or what new memories I am going to make with my wife. This is the anticipation that is killing me. I take solace in the fact though, that I know all these things will certainly happen.
    Soon Come,
    Best Wishes,
    Billy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    804

    Default

    We arrive at CSS in 43 days. I would be better telling you how much I am not thinking about Jamaica compared to how much I am. This weather we have been having is really making me wish I was there. mid 30's and a cold rain just puts the chills in me. So, the thought of going to Jamaica is on my mind all the time. Actually, the song "Toes" just came on the radio, wish makes me think of it even more. I sure could stand to put my "toes in the sand"
    Linda

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    I think of Couples to many times per day to count. How do I control the anticipation, go to the message board.
    Irie Mon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Marie-- I know what you mean. I have two computers at my desk. My work computer and my laptop with the message board up on it. My laptop also has my next trip count down clock. 124 days 20 hours 17 minutes until we leave!! This will be our 8th trip to CSA and our 9th to Jamaica.

    We take our now adult children to Puerto Vallarta, at Thanksgiving, each year. I look forward to that trip, but it just doesn't compare to Couples.

    In fact I was just checking out the Secret Rendezvous for a 5 day trip in December. Most days all I can think about is "how can I get back to Couples"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    266

    Default

    I think the anticipation is worse when you know what to expect, when you know how great your vacation will be.

    We didn't take any vacation this year. I haven't seen a beach since Aug '08 and that was to the DR. Needless to say, we're not returning there. I haven't seen Negril since Aug '07. It's killin' me. I check this board multiple times a day because now that we are booked, I can stand to talk vacation talk again.

    We have 168 days, 22 hours, 54 minutes until our plane takes off...but who's counting?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    497

    Default

    You are not alone! The anticipation is one of the wonderful things about a Couples vacation. If you think about it, the anticipation stage lasts much longer than the trip itself.
    It's not a bad thing at all! Read the beautiful message from Crabracers that was published in the Autumn newsletter yesterday about the "couples rush"
    We have found some "coping strategies" for the anticipation stage that really work too. First, download Timeleft onto your computer and put a countdown clock on your desktop. Everytime you turn your computer on you will know exactly how far away your trip is.
    The other thing that is keeping us sane is going to a Jamaican restaurant every week. My hubby and I have a standing date every Thursday night. We eat jerk chicken and patties, listen to Bob music and talk with the Jamaican people that own the restaurant. It's like going to Jamaica every week!
    82 more days to CTI!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    240

    Default

    We recently booked our second Couples vacation for next July. We are trying both sides of the island, CN for 3 days and CSS for 7. We are down to 8 months, 22 days ... and every night I look at my wonderful husband and say "We're going to Jamaica!". It's what gets us out of bed and to work each day, knowing we have that carrot dangling in front of us. Anticipation is a good thing, and this message board keeps our spirits high knowing that others are experiencing the same wonderful kinds of adventures that we have and will continue to have at Couples. And since we look at this board several times a day, I think you can assume that we would be candidates for the 12 step Couples program!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Marie

    I told you 4 years ago this would happen but would you listen to me? NO!

    You said "Oh No way will that happen to us! NO WAY"

    Then you get some fool say "168 days to go" and you start.

    You are afterall a Coupleholic.
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; January 13th, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default

    I know this feeling! We will be visiting Swept Away in December. It will be our 4th visit. I am anticipating this trip a lot more than the others. Maybe it's because we need the break from the real world more right now, but I do know the wait is almost painful. So far I have not found a way to control it. It has become worse since we got our travel documents!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    For me, the anticipation gets worse. I don't think any newbie ever realizes how much fun they will have, how many friends they will make, or how many memories are born at Couples. You have to go to understand no matter how great your imagination is......hence the popular phrase......"Once you go, you'll know!" Also, I look at the pattern we have developed. We started our first trip with 6 days and it has gone from 6 to 7 to 9 to 11 days on our fourth trip which will happen in June 2010. We know everything we are going to do and we know which friends of ours will be back at the same time, etc. However, I can''t imagine what new friends I am going to make, what new staff is there to make this trip even better than the ones before, or what new memories I am going to make with my wife. This is the anticipation that is killing me. I take solace in the fact though, that I know all these things will certainly happen.
    Soon Come,
    Best Wishes,
    Billy
    Well said Billy!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    Marie

    I told you 4 years ago this would happen but would you listen to me? NO!

    You said "Oh No way will that happen to us! NO WAY"

    Then you get some fool say "168 days to go" and you start.

    You are afterall a Coupleholic.
    Yep you were right Jim and you ARE right Jim, I am a Couplesholic!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    You are not alone! The anticipation is one of the wonderful things about a Couples vacation. If you think about it, the anticipation stage lasts much longer than the trip itself.
    It's not a bad thing at all! Read the beautiful message from Crabracers that was published in the Autumn newsletter yesterday about the "couples rush"
    We have found some "coping strategies" for the anticipation stage that really work too. First, download Timeleft onto your computer and put a countdown clock on your desktop. Everytime you turn your computer on you will know exactly how far away your trip is.
    The other thing that is keeping us sane is going to a Jamaican restaurant every week. My hubby and I have a standing date every Thursday night. We eat jerk chicken and patties, listen to Bob music and talk with the Jamaican people that own the restaurant. It's like going to Jamaica every week!
    82 more days to CTI!
    I am very jealous of your Thurs night date, we don't have any places like that around Detroit that I am aware of. Where do you live?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    732

    Default

    p.s. we have the countdown clock up with a pic of Tower Island, it was just a cool pic. 175 days, 17 hours 38 min....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Now I am worried.... We will be going for the first time in June 2010. All I can think of is Jamaica, once again on on this MB just incase someone thinks of a question we haven't ( who am I kinding, I need my fix ). And now You guys tell me this feeling will get worse afer we been!!!!

    What a wonderful problem!!!!!

  16. #16

    Default

    Marie, I agree it gets worse. We will be going for our 5th time to a Couples resort in a few weeks and the anticipation is agonizing. When it gets too bad I always ask myself this ? "What would Tommywommy do?"
    GREANJAC

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Each day, when I come in here to the computer room, the atmosphere is electric. The primary purpose for this room, was indeed, to keep the computer here. There is also a roll top desk that used to belong to Syl's grandfather. One other small shelved bookcase. We have more "C" stuff there. The room is decorated with full wall size tropical flora. It oozes Caribbean. There is a small water feature that, when it is running, I just sit here and let the rest of me be "there".

    But the main reason that I love coming in to this room, is to mark off one more day. It is one of the highlights of my afternoon. Because, after I remove yet another obstacle that stands in the way of me being "there. After I have slashed and crossed out another twenty-four hours, it gives me a small sense of empowerment. I have brought us one step closer to our single minded pursuit. Getting "there"!!!
    Today we are 18 days from that goal.

    Richie

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Anticipation - we have it… BAD. We are making our 10th trip to Jamaica – our 5th to Couples (CTI for the 2nd time) in 22 days. And I do have to say it gets worse with each visit. We LOVE Jamaica – not just the Couples Resorts – but we truly love the island itself… the music, the food, the countryside - but the people of Jamaica is what always calls us back. Bob and I built a home on family land a little over 2 years ago. Even though it’s small, it’s our paradise. While traveling to Jamaica about 4 years ago, we purchased a fairly large painting in the market. A local Rasta helped us negotiate the price and helped us take it off its frame so we could travel home with it. It is of a family in the hills of Jamaica living everyday life – not a palm tree or beach location in the painting. This, to us, is the REAL Jamaica! We built and decorated our new house around that painting… the colors through out the house, the arched doorways, our office, even our large rock patio which includes a 7’ x 24’ sandbox loaded with shells from our beach travels over the years. When the weather is right and I have time, there is nothing like grabbing a cold beer, my book and sitting on my lounge chair with my feet in the sand thinking about our next trip back home!!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    135

    Default

    I wonder what it is exactly, can anyone put their finger on why Couples is so special? We are going for the first time to CSA (have been to Jamaica 3 times but never to Couples) in March next year, but first we are going to St Lucia to a very special hotel that has so far captured our hearts. If Couples does too, it going to be a 3 plane trip between the two again.I'm just happy that , so far so good, my cancer is in remission and I'm able to do this holiday, won't get too excited but apart for leaving my beloved cats, I can't wait!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    We suffer from this every time.....waiting is not something I am good at!!!
    Kristen

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greanjac View Post
    Marie, I agree it gets worse. We will be going for our 5th time to a Couples resort in a few weeks and the anticipation is agonizing. When it gets too bad I always ask myself this ? "What would Tommywommy do?"
    Skippy..... How are you???? Going home soon I see, good for you!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Hi Mzambo;
    We live in Orangeville, Ontario Canada, and we are very lucky to have this new restaurant. Their food is fantastic but the vibe is even better!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    ElainePoole

    Going to Couples is not just a vacation. It's an experience!

    You can have that big oversized resort up the road. What you will find at Couples is that they have collected the best of the best to pamper you with service.

    I wonder what it is exactly, can anyone put their finger on why Couples is so special?
    All adult. That added to the all inclusive philosophy makes Couples special.

  24. #24

    Default

    Yep, it definitely gets worse with each trip. Before the first trip, the anticipation comes from not knowing exactly what to expect...after that, the anticipation comes from knowing EXACTLY what to expect!

    103 days, 18 hours, 45 minutes until our trip to CTI. This will be trip #7 for us. I haven't even gone on the 2010 trip and I'm already planning our 2011 trip!
    Pam Brown
    Norman, OK
    Couples Preferred Agency/Couples Specialist

  25. #25

    Default

    Hey Marie, Just a couple more weeks and I will be sittin on the beach with my sweetie drinkin Ice Water.
    GREANJAC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •