Default Surprise B-day Trip

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend's birthday is next Monday, and I'll be surprising her with a trip the following week (Nov 22-26th) to CSA. She's currently a PT student and has been studying/working very hard the last several months so I thought I'd treat her to a little getaway during her quarter break. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to reveal it to her, though. My current best idea is that she did mention that the only thing she would like for her bday is a massage. So I am thinking that I might just give her a voucher for the spa at CSA and see how long it takes for it to dawn on her that this spa isn't in our hometown, ha. Thoughts/recommendations?

Has anyone else surprised their significant other with a vacation and if so, did you reveal it in any special way? How did it go?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by robbyv17 View Post
    Hello everyone,

My girlfriend's birthday is next Monday, and I'll be surprising her with a trip the following week (Nov 22-26th) to CSA. She's currently a PT student and has been studying/working very hard the last several months so I thought I'd treat her to a little getaway during her quarter break. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to reveal it to her, though. My current best idea is that she did mention that the only thing she would like for her bday is a massage. So I am thinking that I might just give her a voucher for the spa at CSA and see how long it takes for it to dawn on her that this spa isn't in our hometown, ha. Thoughts/recommendations?

Has anyone else surprised their significant other with a vacation and if so, did you reveal it in any special way? How did it go?

Thanks!
    Your "Massage Voucher" idea is great. Go with that.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016

That idea is pretty solid. Make up a voucher for a special massage with some kind of note that says "turn over for details" On the back, type where and when the vacation is, and she will freak out. That's a killer gift!

Also, just a technicality, but you both have valid passports, right?
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013, 11/2015, 11/2016

One very lucky lady !

Nice surprise! She'll love it, there's no better gift unless it's a $10,000 engagement ring.. just kidding. Women love massages, so you're good to go Yes, my first surprise gift to my wife was a weekend cruise trip to the Bahamas. It was the first "big" vacation we've taken and our first child was almost 1 so it was time for us to take a short break. Couldn't really afford it but down time was more important. It was an early Christmas gift, our trip was 3 days after Christmas.

Awsome suprise!!! Honey, if your out there reading this............you know

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    Also, just a technicality, but you both have valid passports, right?
    Yep, I made sure of that before booking. Thanks!

I like your style, Robby. She's gonna love it.

I tried to surprise my wife for our trip coming up next month. I booked it two and a half years ago knowing our 20th anniversary would be this year. I took advantage of the love away plan. I even opened a new bank account to siphon away the $100 per month to pay it off. I had the money directly deposited there from my paycheck. Unfortunately, my wife noticed the $25 shortfall in my normal, weekly paycheck deposit in the main account. She asked about it and I couldn't lie to her. She was elated. I was a bit crestfallen. I guess after being married so long and knowing each other for 31 years it's difficult to keep secrets. Oh well. At least we'll have sand between our toes in a few weeks. I'm sure it'll be worth the 906 day wait.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    I like your style, Robby. She's gonna love it.

I tried to surprise my wife for our trip coming up next month. I booked it two and a half years ago knowing our 20th anniversary would be this year. I took advantage of the love away plan. I even opened a new bank account to siphon away the $100 per month to pay it off. I had the money directly deposited there from my paycheck. Unfortunately, my wife noticed the $25 shortfall in my normal, weekly paycheck deposit in the main account. She asked about it and I couldn't lie to her. She was elated. I was a bit crestfallen. I guess after being married so long and knowing each other for 31 years it's difficult to keep secrets. Oh well. At least we'll have sand between our toes in a few weeks. I'm sure it'll be worth the 906 day wait.
    I would of went with "honey, I'm getting my mid-life crisis again, so I'm saving up for a 1968 Mustang GTO"

I surprised my wife with a trip to Paris for Valentines Day. I didn't tell her where we were going but what kind of temperature to expect. Once we were in the car headed to the airport she opened a present that had a pandora Eiffel tower charm. I took care of all the planning and it was an awesome trip. You could give her a twisted palm necklace on the way to the airport if you want to keep it a secret.