Thread: CSA REview

Default CSA REview

I'm not sure there are true words to describe how wonderful our trip was. We went to CSA for our honeymoon and stayed in the Greart House Verandah Suite. I'll keep my review as short as possible but it's hard to limit yourself when you have OFFICIALLY founds paradise!

When we laned in MoBay, we got our luggage, made our way through customs or immigration or whatever that was, and found the Couples Lounge. Let me say that the very first time I was thankful we picked CSA over a Shoe Resort was at the airport. Their lounge was crowded, people were literally spilling out, and it just looked like mass chaos. We made our way to the peaceful, relaxing Couples lounge where we checked in. Our bags were quickly put in the Swept Away line and we enjoyed a bathroom break and Red Stripe. When we made our way to the bus, we were greeted by our driver, Eveready (like the bunny)! I am a loyal MB reader so I was expecting a rough ride but I was pleasantly surprised. Eveready pointed out things along the way and played Bob Marley for us. Besides being on the other side of the road, the trip was fine. I actually fell asleep for like the last 35 minutes or so!! Relax, you are in Jamaica mon and this is certainly not their first time driving on their roads!!!

When we got to CSA, we were welcomed home! The men stayed out front and identified the luggage while the women were brought into the lounge to begin the check in process. We got a cool cloth and glass of champagne. The check in process went smoothly. We were the only couple out of at least 10 couples whose room was not ready. No problem, mon! So we explored, went to the Palms for a quick lunch, and went back to get our room key. We were delighted with the room and thought we had a lot of privacy on the verandah! In no time we were sitting at the pool bar learning which drinks would become our favorites!

Overall, the food was wonderful and you couldn't ask for better service. Seriously. We were always greeted with smiles and an eagerness to serve us and make us happy. There is no place like that in the United States! The staff is one of the main reasons why we will be back to CSA!

We went on the cat cruise and loved it. That is a must-do! And you have to jump off and swim in the caves! That may have been the highlight of the trip.

We rented jet skis from Elivs twice in 6 days and just loved them! And we spent a lot of time on the beach. We were going to go off property and take some tours but the water was so clear and captivating it was hard to stray far from it!

I was very pleased with the security presence on the resort. At both sides of the beach and throughout the property, we saw security guards walking around. You don't realize their value unti you go off the property and get swarmed with vendors. Most of them went away whe we politely said "no, thank you" but it was just annoying. The security guards were very nice and were there 24 hours a day. That made me feel really safe. If yougo off the property, check in with them so they know you are gone. Nice touch!

We went and spent three nights with Ultimate Chocolate. What a blast! He is incredibly entertaining and it was a graet way to endthe evenings. We played his version of Name That Tune a few nights and my husband won a bottle of rum on night for being one of the best cobntributors to the boys team! It was just simple fun to sit around the piano, chat with other guests, havea few drinks, and sing some of your favorite tunes!

We loved the computer room. So many people fussed at me for being on the internet on my honeymoon but I enjoyed getting my coffee in the computer lab, checking on the local news at home, and laughing at how cold it was at home while my hubby got some sleep.

Wow, is all I have to say. And now I am left sitting at computer at work with my new Bob Marley cd playing and a bunch of new 7 mile beach screen savers I swap between. When I look at them, I feel the sand between my toes again and feel the Jamaican Delight in my hand. I feel as if I am suffering from a slight depression after leaving. My goodness, the sunsets were the best I have ever seen. My husband andI have said over and over that there will never be a tropical vacation that we take that will ever top our experience at Swept Away! I can't imagine having to wait that long before we can go home again!

If you are considering CSA, don't consider it, book it. You will not be dissapointed!

No problem, mon!
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Jennann - thanks for taking the time to post the review and the fabulous photos. My, the beach has really grown since we were there last year. We always intend to do several excursions, too. We found that we have to book any excursions early in our trip, because it becomes harder and harder to tear yourself away from Couples the longer you're there.

Congratulations on your wedding!

Ahhhh heaven! Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures. I really enjoyed your review. Missing it terribly and getting ready to pay off our trip to CSA this Tuesday and it's less than 2 months before we come home!

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

I loved your post! We are going in Nov. and can't wait to get there!Almost home!

What an awesome review!! I know all about the "just got home" depression. We have it all year until we get back!!
    Kristen

Thanks for the slice of home. Am glad you enjoyed & found paradise. Once you go you know. Nov 27th can't come soon enough... Razzl

Thank you for the great review. It makes me even more anxious for February to arrive so we can return to CSA. It will be our third trip and so far CSA has been our only tropical destination. I just can't imagine going anywhere else now that we have found "home". We too return mainly because of the staff and have made some very dear friends who we keep in contact with year round. This morning we had our first official snowfall here and while everyone else was grumbling about it being too early for snow, I just kept thinking, the sooner winter comes, the sooner I will be back at CSA! Glad you had such a wonderful vacation, it is hard to explain the magic of CSA to someone who has not been there. Like they say, once you go, you know! Congrats also on your marriage. May you have many more years of making memories while visiting CSA!

Reading your post made me a bit sad, we just returned last Sunday from a week at CN, I soooooo wish we too had gone"home" to CSA. A difficult lesson learned. You absolutely cannot find a more welcoming, caring staff than at CSA. Counting the days till we can go back, to CSA!!! May you have many happy years of wedded bliss, and each anniversary on the beach at CSA.

Actually got a chill when reading your post. We will be there in 46 days. Thanks.

cant wait to go after reading that we are first timers and it looks good!

Loved the review and awesome pictures!! I couldn't have said it better myself as a matter of fact my husband said it sounded as though I wrote the review!! We had our first CSA experience almost two years ago celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and it couldn't have been more perfect!!!! Our first trip to Jamaica had been 24 years prior to that.....never waiting that long again!!!! Your review literally brought tears of excitement to both of us because we will be coming home again in 8 days!!!! Congratulations on your marriage!!

I have enjoyed CSA for ten years: the staff, the beach and food. Last year I found another reason to love CSA, the DIVE TEAM. I have had the privilege of learning and diving with a friendly profesional group of men. They are the BEST. My spouse is happy enjoying SCA while I go off diving, so we are both happy. karen returning for her 13 th year.

Your post bring tears to my eyes - really. We were married there in October 08. 2009 has been a really rough year for us and I'm playing to book a short 5 day suprise trip for my husband for Valentine's 2010. I think the only think he'll complain about is that we're not staying for 7 days!! We LOVE CSA and Jamaica.

Loved your review about CSA. I cannot wait to get back there myself. I tell everyone I know about CSA, it is truly heaven on earth. We were there May of 2008; it brought tears to my eyes because we could not get back there this year. We took my mother-in-law and my girlfriend to Playa del Carmen April 2009, it was awful............ The ruins were great, except they waited until the heat of the day to get us there. Too many stops to try and get you to buy something. At CSA it is our home away from home. I just can't say enough nice things about it. Will be there in 2010............ Just have not decided if we will go in March or May. Thanks again for the wonderful review

Awesome review. We are eagerly awaiting Dec. 27th to board AJ and get to paradise.

The beach looks great

You know, "you must leave to return".

Nice review.

Nice photos, thanks for sharing your CSA experience with everyone. We miss that beach so much.
    nobody's favorite poster