Default Misha Earle photography

Sad news, Misha's prices have gone up for 2010 and will not negotiate on the $500 couples outside photographer fee.

Seems a little odd that a "bride" would announce this. It was my experience when I was looking for a photographer for our wedding that some would work with you on packages to tailor them to your needs. My guess is that if her rates went up, so have other photographers' rates. Also, Misha's rates now include the resort fee. It's really a shame the resort charges so much for outside photographers - both for the brides who want better quality pics and for the photographers making a living!

On another note, Misha was our photographer in Aug. 09 and we couldn't be happier with our photos. Misha is professional all the way with fantastic talent and the personality to match! Photos were our one splurge (we were on a VERY tight budget) and hiring Misha was more than worth it! Any ladies looking for a photographer should consider the fabulous Misha Earle! Check out our photos - I can't share them enough!

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...NAME=snapfish/

http://www.mishaearlephotography.com/
    Last edited by Beachchic; October 26th, 2009 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachchic View Post
    Seems a little odd that a "bride" would announce this. It was my experience when I was looking for a photographer for our wedding that some would work with you on packages to tailor them to your needs. My guess is that if her rates went up, so have other photographers' rates. Also, Misha's rates now include the resort fee. It's really a shame the resort charges so much for outside photographers - both for the brides who want better quality pics and for the photographers making a living!

On another note, Misha was our photographer in Aug. 09 and we couldn't be happier with our photos. Misha is professional all the way with fantastic talent and the personality to match! Photos were our one splurge (we were on a VERY tight budget) and hiring Misha was more than worth it! Any ladies looking for a photographer should consider the fabulous Misha Earle! Check out our photos - I can't share them enough!

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...NAME=snapfish/

http://www.mishaearlephotography.com/
    Thanks for posting the link to your pictures-they are beautiful. The pictures really captured many of your special moments perfectly.

We have hired Misha for our wedding next week and I feel like her prices are very reasonable. I think she's a fabulous photographer and that price increases are just part of the business. I would hope posts like this about price increases don't discourage people from looking into booking her!

Yeah I agree with the above post, it seems a little tacky to post this on the message board. It's my understanding most outside photographers costs have all gone up this year and I don't understand why anyone would think it would be the outside photographers responsibility to help with the $500 RESORT fee? It's nice if you can find a photographer who can help with that but I wouldn't get on here and post anything negative about a photographer just b/c they couldn't. If you don't like Misha Earl's prices that's fine but then you should look for someone that meets your criteria instead of posting on here when someone doesn't.

My apologies for not being more clear in my first post. First off, I think Misha's photos are fantastic! I was floored to hear that the resort fee was basically half of the total for just the photography (which I think is very unfair of the resort) and then I was further dissapointed when I heard she would negotiate 1/2 of the resort fee and was told she does not do that anymore. My intention was not to dissuade people, just share my feelings as I was very dissapointed because we loved her photos but she is just out of our budget. I don't believe she should pay 1/2 the fee, however, I heard that many photographers (her included) do in fact do this.

Im pretty sure that her rates are not the only one that is going up for 2010. Prices for EVERYTHING are going up... thats life.

I think Stacy Clark still helps with the resort fee and I would definitely check with Diana Campbell. We are using her next month and she was sooo reasonable on her prices compared to everyone else and she takes beautiful pics! But I understand your post better now, I guess it's good for other brides to know ahead of time which photographers can help and which ones can't instead of going into it expecting it. Thanks for the post!

Vikki, thanks for the compliment! You will love shooting with Misha next week. Congrats and have a wonderful time!