Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Turn down service?

I've been to other hotels/resorts that offer turn down service, but never took advantage of it. Does someone just turn down your blankets for you? What does it entail at Couples? And how do you request it? I want to take advantage of everything I can!

There's nothing to do to request it, it's done nightly,. usually while you are at dinner. Bed is turned down and blinds are closed.

They will also leave a litle card on the pillow with a popular Jamaican saying-

It has always happened automatically for us but maybe we are just special....not. It is included and they prep your bed for sleeping or whatever by turning the covers down from the pillows at a 45 degree angle. Sometimes they do some extra sometimes not.....

We have never "requested" it, it always was just a nice little perk!! They come in, turn down the bed, tidy up the room, and re-fill your ice pitcher. Ahhhhhh...not much longer until we are home!!!
    Kristen

Basically if you get to dinner later in the evening and spend some time just walking around after dinner you'll go back to your room and find that the pillows aer placed on your bed and the sheets are pulled down for you. Also they left a little proverb card. My girlfriend yelled at me the first night when I told the lady that we were fine and could take care of it. She said it would only take a minute. I didn't know what she was going to do and figured I would save the lady time.

The turn down service is provided each evening as part of the resort service.

These behind the scene members of staff work their backsides off to try and please each and every guest. It always amazes me that they take the time for towel art, the flower petals and that extra little touch.

To the staff that follows behind us and cleans our mess, you are the BEST!

Dinners don't have to be late, we usually hit the 6:30 reservations and our room is ready when we get back. We also are not late people.
    Vicky

The nice thing about it is that they go around and set all of the blinds into privacy mode---very important (at least in the Atrium rooms!) if you have romantic plans.....

Besides just turning down the bed and closing the blinds, they usually also do a quick cleaning, which means sweeping and replacing any used towels and taking out any trash. This is a fantastic service, since we tend to drag in a lot of sand.

As mentioned before, fresh towels are great!!

It's All Good! Love coming back to the "freshened up" room after another long night of having Fun!!! Ahhhh, Couples!!
    Art xo Francine

We happened upon Patricia turning down our bed and freshening our room one evening when we had partied a bit too much ,my husband prior to our visit had sustained a knee injury so he was on crutches and I was trying to help him in the room and get into bed. Patricia just stepped right in and became the second set of hands I needed to get him all tucked in. I loved that she just kept telling me "No problem ,let me help you ,I can do it, no problem." She was a Saint ! So I call it the "Turn Down and Tuck In Service."

Great story O"Parent, just goes to show the people at Couples really do treat you as family.
    Linda

Ahhh! Just another one of many reasons we LOVE Couples.
    45 more days to turn down service.

Dang, didnt know they did all that!
    影舞葉

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    It always amazes me that they take the time for towel art, the flower petals and that extra little touch.
    We didn't get any of that during our stay....

Before and after...........
    Last edited by Mzambo; February 15th, 2010 at 08:33 AM.

We too like the fresh towels but noticed the last two visits to CN (2009 and 2008) they no longer leave the "proverb" cards. The favourite one I ever brought home was from our wedding night in 2003 - May you grow old together on one pillow.
    Ya Mon

We had the cards in early September of this year everynight.

Turn down service? Pffft, no biggie here, I'm use to it. I'm always asking Rosa for some and she often turns me down.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

WOW.. I was hoping for towel art-- they did an amazing job (most) nights doing the turn down service - a really nice thing to come home to!

I can't wait until I get to stay somewhere (someday) that does the towel art and flowers. Is it just that they don't do it at CSA? I'm a big 'ol nerd- i love that kind of stuff

We had cards at least three nights this month.

LMAO Ron!!! You are to funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Turn down service? Pffft, no biggie here, I'm use to it. I'm always asking Rosa for some and she often turns me down.
    Kristen

LOVE Couples, and my only complaint is that on last visit to CSA in 2007 they came to turn down after 10:30 pm twice on our visit and we were already in bed. They just opened the door and came in and I bolted for the door. Weird! Maybe that has been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by tumh20 View Post
    LOVE Couples, and my only complaint is that on last visit to CSA in 2007 they came to turn down after 10:30 pm twice on our visit and we were already in bed. They just opened the door and came in and I bolted for the door. Weird! Maybe that has been fixed?
    That's never happened to us at CSA in many visits, but anytime you retire for the night in any hotel, put the safety latch on. So there's no surprises

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast