Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How are you handling it??

Just told my TA to book us for next year to get in on the special. She tells me that I can't book airfare untill later due to the time frame involved. Anyone else have this issue. We are going in July'10.

You can only book airfare something like 300 days in advance.

Never had a problem.

Just supply Couples with the airline information when you are booked.

Make sure you get the current Early Booking Specials.

Yes, that is true that the airfare will not be available just yet. I cannot recall the exact number of days but it's something just short of a year that airfare becomes available so you'll have to wait a few weeks yet. I have never tried to book a trip that far in advance but have often started pricing trips that far out that's why I know. If I were in your shoes and wanted to book to get the special I'd still book the resort and then book the airfare later, you aren't going to run into full planes at this point. The only time I'd worry is if you were within a few weeks and you were gambling with prices you could potentially get stuck with no available flights but have a lovely room in Jamaica waiting for you, it's a long swim! Go for it.

I believe you can only book air 345 days in advance...// I may have the days wrong, but i do believe there is a limit...
    -Otter,

We booked our room through Couples and will book airfare at a later date when the rates go down.

you should be able to book the hotel portion now and tell the travel agent you will book the airfare later. That is what my husband and I did this year through our travel agent with no problem. I f they don't let you just go through Couples themseves and get the Love Away plan! $100 dep and $100/mth. Check it out!

Enjoy your trip!

sorry I forget to mention, you must do that before 6/30!

I was just planning on booking the airfare at a later date.

Airfare is not available more than 300 (or maybe it is 330) days out. Airlines do not release prices for flights that far in advance. No worries though, you will have plenty of time to book your flight!

All airlines will not let you book until you are within 360 days of traveling- as far as I am aware.

I booked our airfare last September for our July trip in a couple of weeks. Didn't book the resort until February.

Yes, we just booked for Dec 2010. No sweat, when airfare becomes available and at the price you would like, just book it. I booked resort and air seperate one other time, when I was surprising my husband with the trip. Knew I could get my money back for the resort, but wanted to make sure before I booked the air. The only problem I see, I am not sure if you can get insurance on just the airfare. We took the insurance through Couples for the ground. Have to do some checking about the air. I know if we need to change our reservations, it will cost us extra concerning the air, but we would only do it in an emergency. Odds are slight, have a wonderful countdown now

Don't sweat the airfare. We've been doing this for years. You'll be able to get good rates on airfare within 4 months of your trip.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We never book our air at the same time we book our hotel. We have booked for April 2010 but won't buy our flights until January, which is when ours drop in price. No worries, mon!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Most airlines will not book more than 11 months in advance.

yes it's quite normal. airfare is only set about 9-10 months in advance.

True 'dat.

We are in the same boat. We are planning on a trip to CSA in June of '10 and would love to take advantage of the special. But with no airfare available to book, we have to wait. We typically book through a TA and book a full trip, Couples and airfare in one package. We always find that to be the most economic way to handle it. Also makes coordinating flight schedules and our CSA booking much easier and safer. I have read on the message board too many times that flights and stay bookings were messed up by airlines changing schedules and messing up an entire vacation. We will not try to book a trip in this economy, with the airline industry in such disarray, without having a schedule and a price set for our air travel. We just can't do it. So we will miss the special ending on June 30, but that is a hit we must take.

Couples, perhaps you should time these specials differently, or somehow coordinate with TA's so that we can book a full trip and still take advantage of early booking specials. Some of us just can't roll the dice on that kind of money. We have to know that we will be flying on the dates that match up with our stay booking.

not having that issue at all. booked for next April with our TA a month ago with the flight. hope you get it done.

Randy

My TA is saying the same thing. She is going to start checking prices for us at about 320 days out and we are going June 18, 2010. So you have a little while before the prices are released.

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    We booked our room through Couples and will book airfare at a later date when the rates go down.
    Just an FYI - last year in January, the Houston April flights dropped to $225. We had already booked them at $370 (in October) which we thought was a great deal. We're going to wait until then to book this year.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Just an FYI - last year in January, the Houston April flights dropped to $225. We had already booked them at $370 (in October) which we thought was a great deal. We're going to wait until then to book this year.
    Thanks Amy. I booked for February 2010 and was kinda worried. Usually I use a TA but didn't this time. We will be leaving out of Houston as well.

we are planning our weddingmoon at CN for early July 2010, and our TA was also saying the same thing!!!!

is it better to use a travel agent or book yourself???

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will wait patiently until later to book my airfare. Thanks, you guys rock!!!!

Ok. Having read this thread a couple of days ago I got curious. So I started checking on line for packages to CSA, air included. I found a well know travel site that specializes in package vacations, land and air, that we had used in years past for our trips to CSA. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did they have the Couples special pricing for CSA, but they also had air included packages available for June of 2010. So I proceeded to do some window shopping, putting together a package on the dates we would like to travel if we were going to go. Click, click, click. WOW! The price that came up was considerably less than what our last trip cost in 2007.

We will be arriving at CSA on June 11, 2010. Staying for 7 nights in our favorite rooms, Ocean verandah suites. We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary at the place we fell in love with on our 25th.

Thanks for giving me a kick start in this thread or we would have missed this chance!

Oh, and for anyone out there that has been on the message board for a while and is wondering... I LOVE THE BEACH!!!

Nice to see Dirtleg's back! Yeah!!! Just a fyi for anyone out there. We booked CSA April 1 - April 8 2010 w/insurance/price guarantee via our TA (Funjet air & hotel). Prices popped out no problem. They're high right now but we'll keep our eyes peeled for the prices to drop and then take further action.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast