Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: oh that song!

Hey my songs would be anything by Shaggy but the best one is Big Bamboo by Horace Peterkin. We had it on CD from our last trip to CTI and when we get homesick whis is what we listen to. YOu can also find it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by hoocat View Post
    That's easy, UB40 "I can't Help Falling in Love With You". It was the song my wife walked down to the beach to when we got married at CSA.
    I always thought that the Couples' theme song should be this one by UB40 or Ziggy Marley's "Love Is My Religion".
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I listen to XM's reggae channel.

It is funny because I know all the words to almost all the top25 reggae songs on the above list.

When we were at the repeaters dinner last year, the staff member at our table could not believe I knew all the current reggae songs.

Everytime I hear this one, it just reminds me of the beach bar at CSA, I think I heard it about 10 times on our last trip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI7Y1SXPNXI

Jimmy Buffet....... "Cheeseburger in Paradise"

Default My favorite Jamaica songs

Tim Booty Wilson and the Booty callers..."Bootyman,"
    "The Big Bamboo," "The Dollar Song," and any Bob Marley song that is playing while I am there, I love them all

This will be my 1st Couples visit, so the songs I love are universal to every visit I guess!

We were introduced to "The Big Bamboo" by Harry Bellefonte and "The Booty Song" by a driver on one of the excursions outside the CSS resort...can't get those out of my head!!!

Just heard You're my Jamaica by Charlie Pride... Loved it!

Played Bob Marley and Kenny Chesney all day on Saturday while handing out Halloween Candy......

Every time we hear Bob Marley we are brought back to Jamaica, and Suddenly by Billy Ocean (since that was our first dance at COR right after getting married in the wedding gazebo- almost 25 years ago) AND amazingly Unchained Melody since Andrew has had Moses sing that for us on Bonfire night the last few visits to CN.. Tamika even sang it for us on one of our anniversaries (even though she can't sing - made it even more special)

So as you can see, we don't think of Jamaica tooooo often! LOAO!!!
    Art xo Francine

Don't forget about the Big Bamboo song!

My wife and I like the Toes song by Zac Brown band and can't wait to have it playing on our iPOD at CTI.

Bob Marley songs take me back to paradise for sure.

Marie

I'm also bad at doing things to people celebrating special anniversaries too! Always nice when you can get the staff involved in those little things along with you.

Art and Francine

That was the 2006 April Fools Theme song. We sailed into CSA to sing to those on the beach. The planting of many new friendships in Jamaica.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpBXEXVq6BY

There are sooooo many songs that make you think of Jamaica.

"Three Little Birds" is one that always sticks in my mind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8

No matter which songs you enjoy. They all make you want that little piece of heaven called Jamaica.

True to myself. (ziggy marley??) takes me back everytime i hear it! Reminds me of ricardo and keisha! the wonderful bartenders at CSA

One Love
    Two pina coladas

Collie Buddz- Come Around

War Ina Babylon. I swear, it came on every morning just as we sat down to breakfast in the Cassava Terrace.

Any

Luciano, or
    Morgan Heritage, or
    Easy Star All-Stars, and
    Bob Marley, of course

Anything Bob Marley.
    Listening to The Joint on Satellite Radio.
    One song in particular that I'm forgetting the artist is "Ocean Palace in Negril". - something along those lines anyway.
    Ride and Smile!

Bob Marley's Is This Love. It's the first track on Legend which is always the first thing I listen to when we hit Negril.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    Marie

I'm also bad at doing things to people celebrating special anniversaries too! Always nice when you can get the staff involved in those little things along with you.

Art and Francine

That was the 2006 April Fools Theme song. We sailed into CSA to sing to those on the beach. The planting of many new friendships in Jamaica.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpBXEXVq6BY

There are sooooo many songs that make you think of Jamaica.

"Three Little Birds" is one that always sticks in my mind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8

No matter which songs you enjoy. They all make you want that little piece of heaven called Jamaica.
    ....I hadn't heard that song; "You're My Jamaica" before. But really like it!!

Every time I hear a Bob Marley song, I am back once again on the Catamaran cruise. I can visibly see my husband and I sitting on the front of the boat drinking rum punch and laughing. Oh I love that memory!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mariann View Post
    Every time I hear a Bob Marley song, I am back once again on the Catamaran cruise. I can visibly see my husband and I sitting on the front of the boat drinking rum punch and laughing. Oh I love that memory!
    .....Speaking of which, How long does the Catamaran Cruise last? I know, at least at CN, it starts at 4 PM on Thursday. This is a must do for us, and we have only the Thursday date to do it.

acranger -

We did the cat cruise twice during our stay last week. We were dropped back off at appx. 5:45 - 6:00 both times. When you get on the boat, sit near the stairs as you enter, that's the front of the boat. We sat on the edge with our feet dangling over the side - it's my favorite memory of our entire trip.

Anything Marley, anything with a reggae beat, anything about sandy beaches and drinks in hand, anything about palm tree's, etc... ALWAYS thinking about CN

Quote Originally Posted by curlygirly View Post
    acranger -

We did the cat cruise twice during our stay last week. We were dropped back off at appx. 5:45 - 6:00 both times. When you get on the boat, sit near the stairs as you enter, that's the front of the boat. We sat on the edge with our feet dangling over the side - it's my favorite memory of our entire trip.
    ....Good deal. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2