Default Picking our first AN resort

Good Day All!

Having a bit of trouble making a decision. I would like to make my reservations this week, for May 2017. It will be my 50th birthday, and the honeymoon we never had.
    It will be our first AN experience, I could not be more excited. We live in South Florida, I am a massage therapist, so I am very comfortable with nakedness, my husband is a happy-go-lucky guy and goes with the flow.
    I am trying to find a balance of the AN facilities, with diving and other watersports. We are active people.
    With reading many reviews, people seem to be most passionate about CSS. I am leaning that way, but, how is the diving and other watersports compared to CN, or CTI?
    Also, we are very friendly, and love meeting all different kinds of people. Does one place tend to be more sociable than another?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Best Regards.
    Last edited by Skippydoo; July 31st, 2016 at 06:38 AM.

You can't go wrong with either CTI or CSS. In my opinion, the island at CTI is generally a bit more "social" than Sunset Beach at CSS.....primarily because the pool on the island is about a third the size of the one at Sunset Beach, so it tends to condense everybody into a smaller space. On a nice sunny day, the island pool at CTI just might be the most fun place on the planet.

I can't say anything about CTI or CSS (never been there) but I can highly recommend CN. We meet new people there every year. We have been going there for 13 years in a row. We have met people there that we keep in connect with thru out the year. This year 11 couples rented the catamaran for a naked booze cruise. I will put CN's beach up against any. We don't dive but I have heard divers love it. The water is great no big waves and a soft sandy bottom. Hope this helps. Our group always goes around the 4th of July.

But then Sunset Beach at Sans Souci has the best of everything in the AN department. Plenty of space to be alone together (if that makes sense!) and plenty of more sociable space around the pool, hot tub, swim up bar, shower area and even a fantastic grille for lunch (if you can be bothered to venture to one of the restaurants. Finally, SSB never gets closed due to windy weather, which CTI Island does, often. Go to Sans Souci, it's a very safe bet!

We have been to CSS and CN and would say that CSS is a bit more social, primarily due to the pool bar and the area around the pool. At CN, the social aspect is in the hot tub or out in the ocean as people don't really congregate at the bar. I think the water sports is about the same at CSS and CN with CN having the option to do a catamaran cruise that is unavailable at CSS. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with either CSS or CN and I'm sure others would add CTI to that list. Good luck on your decision.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

CSS is the best. Blows CTI out of the water so to speak.

CSS hands down for AN facilities. at CTI, there is only the island, and if the waves are strong, the boat gets cancelled. Last boat trip is at 5pm, so no night ventures to the AN island. At SSB, there are people in the pool/hot tub at midnight! In fact, if you want an after hours party, get 10 couples together at $20/couple and CSS will provide a bartender from 8pm to 11pm!!

The pool at SSB is the social scene, pool volleyball, tie dye Tshirt making contests, trivia, and everyone flocks around the swim up bar. And if you want some alone time, head down to the beach, no one will bother you. SSB rocks

CTI is the one we have not visited yet, but we prefer CN to CSS. I love having a pool at CSS SSB, but the beach there is just ... not good .. in comparison to CN. If you are a pool person, then CSS is perfect! If you love a beautiful beach with clear blue water and a soft sandy bottom then CN can't be beat. The available watersports offered are pretty much the same at all the resorts, but we originally began choosing Negril because of Scuba diving. Diving is good to very good no matter which resort you visit but on the North Coast (CTI and CSS) the wind and water are more of a factor at times and some watersports are cancelled for more often (which is still not alot...) than in Negril where the wind and waves are far more calm most of the time. Last time at CSS we were going go do a Trading Places day to CTI but then we found out that the Island was closed due to rough water. Kind of a deal breaker in my mind.
    I would never hesitate to go to CSS, but I would go knowing I would not really enjoy the beach there unless I stayed out of the water. But everything else there is amazingly beautiful. We love CN and will go there 9 times out of 10, but the down side at CN (to some) is that there is foot traffic past the nude beach but most people who go there frequently will tell you it's just not a real issue. Some people freak out that people walk by sometimes, but most of us on the nude beach there just don't care that much and find it a real non-issue. It's a win-win. You will love whichever one you visit!

I agree with Orange Beach CTI is the more social AN section. Sunset Beach is beautiful but Tower Isle has a great vibe! 24 DAYS UNTIL OUR RETURN!!!!

I tend to disagree with Orange Beach. We found both CTI and CSS to be VERY social. We prefer CSS because the facilities are WAY better there than nay other AN beach we have ever been to. Plus you never have weather days where they close the Island do to water conditions. Either one you chose, you can do a Trading Places day to go check out the other one to judge for your next trip. I do love CN as well but the actual facilities are not as nice, but they are working on improving them.

what happened to the other 10 replies???

I suppose I could/should be a bit more specific. Pretty much everybody knows this already, but the pool area at Sunset Beach (CSS) is much larger than the one on the island at CTI....and Sunset Beach has some amenities that are not available on the island at CTI, such as a large beach area, a hot tub, and a grill area. The restrooms at Sunset Beach are also substantially nicer/cleaner/more modern than the one inside the tower on the island at CTI. And you can't play volleyball in the pool on the island, should you be so inclined.

Having said that, the island at CTI is a totally unique au naturel setting....I highly doubt that anything like it exists anywhere else on Earth. Definitely nowhere else in Jamaica. On a sunny day...particularly in the afternoon...the pool usually becomes really active...there might be 30 people in the pool when things start hopping. And because it is quite small, pretty much everybody is jammed into that small space, just about face to face, essentially forcing people to interact/converse with each other. There's no place to hide in the pool on the island when it's loaded with humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMayor&Cathy View Post
    I can't say anything about CTI or CSS (never been there) but I can highly recommend CN. We meet new people there every year. We have been going there for 13 years in a row. We have met people there that we keep in connect with thru out the year. This year 11 couples rented the catamaran for a naked booze cruise. I will put CN's beach up against any. We don't dive but I have heard divers love it. The water is great no big waves and a soft sandy bottom. Hope this helps. Our group always goes around the 4th of July.
    Thank you for your help! We choose CN and will be there May 11 thru the 18th.
    I am looking forward to some time away, far away..
    Thank you again,
    Gina

My wife and I were at CSS, it was also our first time going all natural. I was alittle nervous at first but after the first day we never went to any other beach. It was the best experience. The food the drinks the Poole were all amazing.
    We will be going back in April and I can't wait.

We will be at CN May 5 thru the 19th 7th time to CN

Skippydoo I think you made a good choice.. you'll love the CN Au naturel beach .. its a friendly beach and if it showers everyone goes to the bar and waits it out. Usually that's where everyone starts to talk more and always a Good TIME! This year 5 couples from last year are all coming back in May. As for the diving we never did it but one couple we know goes diving every morning before coming to the beach and they love it. They do diving on all their vacations and love the diving at CN. The diving boat is at one end of the CN beach and the AU Naturel section is at the other end of the CN beach, The CN textile beach is in the middle of both.