Default Customs and Immigration Form ?

Sorry but I can't seem to find this answer on the MB board. Each time we go once every other year or so customs and immigration seems different too. As of recently how many forms do you complete on the plane. It seems to change each time we go. Does each person complete both an immigration form and customs form, or if you’re married do you only complete one per family? Even MBJ airport seems to conflict with themselves.

Thank you, were returning home to CTI/COR on Friday
    Mark & Sylvia

Last time we went (June) there was one form per person. Immigration on one side that had to be filled out with flight and passport info for each. This one has the card at the bottom that you must also fill out with your departure info. They will tear the bottom off and you will keep it until you leave Jamaica.

On the back of these forms is the Customs form. Only one of you must fill this one out listing the other and family traveling with you.

Be sure to bring a pen. your passports. and your flight itinerary (both ways) where you can easily get to them during your flight.

If you have not done it before be sure to:
    Read directions carefully - People mess these forms up all the time by pressing ahead to quickly and writing info in the wrong places. Also when asking for dates they want Day/Month/Year and many people list Month/Day/Year out of habit and there is no room to make corrections.

Ask a flight attendant if you have questions rather than guess and then have to ask for another form.

*** The Immigration Cards they tear off and give back to you must be presented at departure. Be sure to keep these safely locked in your room safe with you passports!

Have fun
    Roy in VA

The customs/immigration forms are combined on one form. Technically, you need one immigration form per person and one customs form per family. If both fill out a customs form it's not a problem.

Here's a link to a sample of the form.

http://www.jamaica-info.de/images/immigration.pdf

Oh, and don't forget to bring your own pen (sometimes it's hard to borrow one on the plane) and fill out (sign and date) the departure section.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

In 20 years of travelling tothe Caribbean, it's always been one per family.

We have gone to CN 3 consecutive yrs and the form has been the same. Each person must fill out the form and make sure you keep up with the stub from the form that you will need to leave Jamaica. Here is a link to a sample form that you can fill out ahead of time and then copy to the official form you get on the plane. This keeps you from having to look up the info from different sources while on the plane.

When we went in April there was only one form. You must fill in the complete front and back.

No matter what they tell us on the plane, we each take a form entering Jamaica (you each need an immigration slip). Coming home to the US we do one for both of us. We don't give them the choice because I have seen the wrong information passed along too many times to count. If I'm wrong we waste a piece of paper but no panic filling out forms at immigration. LOL

Carol and Dave. 104 days until Barbados!

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanswell View Post
    Sorry but I can't seem to find this answer on the MB board. Each time we go once every other year or so customs and immigration seems different too. As of recently how many forms do you complete on the plane. It seems to change each time we go. Does each person complete both an immigration form and customs form, or if you’re married do you only complete one per family? Even MBJ airport seems to conflict with themselves.

Thank you, were returning home to CTI/COR on Friday
    If you are coming from the US, and it is you + spouse, there will be three forms. One that each of you have to fill out (equals 2 total) and one that head of household fills out (for a total of three forms).

Don't forget to put a pen in your carryon

Two forms going into Jamaica, one coming home if you are a family.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

My best advice, from personal experience, is that everyone should fill out their own form.

We've been told "one per family", and breezed right through on one form. Other times I have been sent to the back of the (very long) line to fill one out after having listened to the "one per family" instruction. Frustrating.

This time, even though they told us "one per family" (and it says as much on the form) we each filled one out and they took them both, and so we each had our own individual departure forms to keep up with. It only takes a few minutes to fill them out - saves you the possibility being sent to the back of the line. You never know what their whim will be that day.

When we went in June it was one per family, but the newlyweds next to us had to fill out 2 because their passports didn't have the same last name.

I'm not sure if its changed but the last two times we went, we filled out 1 form for my husband and myself.

We are at CTI now. We were told by the flight crew that we only needed on per family but when we got to immigration we were sent out of the line so that my wife could fill in a form for her also. Each person must have a form.

In our three trips we have only needed to fill out one form each. These are handed out on the plane as you stated. Each passenger is required to fill one out. Make sure to fill out the ENTIRE form, front and back. We both missed a couple of items on the back and when we got back in line... well 20 minutes later we were on our way. I'm not sure what it is called but maybe someone could post a copy of the form for you and others to view ahead of time.

FILL OUT ONE PER PERSON! dont listen to the flight attendants if they say one per family, you will have to go to the side and try to fill one out fast while getting to the main line. last year when we went, the flight attendants said one per family, we did not believe her and did one per person, there were four of us, and thank goodness we went with out guts, half our plane was filling out forms to the side before they could get in line, we went on through.

On the way to Jamaica we filled out two forms (I think they were white papers), one for each person. On the way back we filled out one form (1 per family-green paper) even though I still haven't changed my last name on my passport. Make sure you bring a pen and your return flight info.
    Honeymoon @ CSA 2010; CSS 2011 & 2012; CTI June 2013

Going in to Jamaica you will fill out immigration forms, one per person entering the country. You will need passport and flight info on both arriving and departing flights (airline, flight number, date). Sign and date both the top section and the bottom section, date the bottom section with the date you will be leaving. Keep the bottom section safe with your passport, you will need it when you go through the airport on departure. Use blue or black ink to fill out the form, do it carefully as they will have very few extra forms on the plane. You may fill it out when you get to the immigration hall at the airport, but it saves time to do it on the plane.

Coming home back into the U.S. you will fill out a customs declaration form. One per family is all that is needed, no harm done if everyone fills out their own. Head of family is all that is required. Again, blue or black ink. You will hand this over when you go through the immigration desk at the airport.

It is all pretty easy and painless really.
    Have a great trip!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

two going into Jamaica....one coming home....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I'm shocked to hear that people are being sent out of the line to fill out an additional form if they had one per family. That's what we've always done and have never been turned around. I guess we'll fill out two on this next trip just to be safe, but we've literally only filled out one for both of us in the past. Weird.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

So if you are bringing prescription meds and or/over the counter meds, you have to mark yes on custom form line 2?

What about cigars or cigarettes? Does that fall under 2 as well? Even though you are allowed to bring it in country, do you have to list it?

msbeachbum22,
    That is exactly what I did, less stress. Fill it out at home and then copy it on the plane.
    One Love,
    Mya

msbeachbum22, Great idea! Care to post on the "Wish I thought of" thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by msbeachbum22 View Post
    We have gone to CN 3 consecutive yrs and the form has been the same. Each person must fill out the form and make sure you keep up with the stub from the form that you will need to leave Jamaica. Here is a link to a sample form that you can fill out ahead of time and then copy to the official form you get on the plane. This keeps you from having to look up the info from different sources while on the plane.