Hybrid View

Default Hubby's clothes at CTI

We'll be traveling to CTI in a few weeks, and I've been reading the posts about dress codes there. My hubby only owns jeans, shorts, t-shirts, sandals and gym shoes; and he refuses to buy extra clothing for a vacation. Will we be allowed in any of the restaurants with this type of attire? When we booked our trip before the renovation, we had a few options based on the descriptions; but now that the renovations are done, we're not sure. And I read on another post that the only room service available is for breakfast. I'm most concerned about evening meals. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

We are leaving for our 6th trip to CN this Saturday and my experience has been this...nice clothes for the 2 reservation restaurants (long pants collar shirt). However my hubby usually wears shorts and nice shirts with sandals to dinner at the other restaurants. Some people will be way dressed up and others not so much. No worries mon!!! Enjoy

Try to get him into some khaki pants...they're lightweight and comfortable. He needs them ( not jeans ) for the fancy restaurant, as well as a collared shirt....like a nice polo or casual button down.....
    Also closed toed shoes are not running shoes.....he will need Topsiders or leather slip ons ...
    His shorts are okay in the other restaurants, if they are nice, the longer length cargo style...

Most men don't wear t-shirts to dinner.....Polos are fine.
    Otherwise, you are going to miss out on some great meals.....

You both parallelled my thoughts. He hates to "dress up" (ie, anything other than jeans or shorts and t-shirts) when on vacation. He already has a couple of polo shirts, so I guess I'll have to find him a pair of khaki-type pants. We're OK with eating at the casual restaurants but would also like to experience their other restaurants. Thank you for your replies. I appreciate them!

Too bad...you will will be missing out on the best food on the resort!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I would imagine that some Khaki's should not be too crazy. I understand not "dressing up" but honestly Business casual is not really that dressy and I fell he may feel more out of place, not in them then being dressed in what he wants.

See if he will at the very least take a pair of khakis and a polo or two so you can also enjoy the resturaunts. I mean, if you want to visit these resturaunts I would think a husband would want to be willing to fress in them for 2 hours or so.

The above is not ment to be mean, just as a guy on vacation my wife and I comprimise with what we want to do or try and we do a couple fancy meals and many casual ones. Since we don't have the chance to do many dressed up dinners outside my work functions, it is nice sometimes to dress up for each other.

He will be OK in all but 8 rivers. I even saw men in leather open toe sandals at 8 rivers but I must admit they were well dressed so it didn't notice. If you can get him into a pair of pants, he can always change right after dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    He will be OK in all but 8 rivers. I even saw men in leather open toe sandals at 8 rivers but I must admit they were well dressed so it didn't notice. If you can get him into a pair of pants, he can always change right after dinner.
    if you "saw" you had "notice" ...did you politely point it out to him.. how else will he learn ?

I used to be the same way about hating to dress up. I always thought my jeans and t shirts were the most comfortable way to go!.. And I thought nice clothes were a HUGE bother... PLUS all my nice clothes where years old and didn't fit. But I kept getting better jobs and just recently I landed in a job where I wear a suit and tie everyday.

I was really pleasantly surprised to find out how comfortable some nice clothes can be if you buy decent quality. Especially the pants.. They are way more comfy than the jeans and or shorts I love to wear. Shoes also if you choose them wisely. I was also really surprised to see how much nicer I get treated by strangers in general when I'm wearing a suit. It makes a real difference.

Now if they would just invent a comfortable tie!

steveandlinda, we actually had dinner with this couple and I didn't notice until we were leaving, as his pants covered them (also have to say he was one of the best dressed in there). I did comment and apparently he had asked about it and all was OK. I must say I have seen this at CSS also (someone in flip flops), so I guess it depends on who's monitoring these things.

Shorts and t's fine for breakfast and lunch anywhere at the resort. Actually swimsuit and t is fine for breakfast and lunch. Shorts and t's fine for Patio for dinner. I have seen shorts and polos or tropical print shirts at the Patio, Bayside and the Verandah. The only place he needs long pants is 8 Rivers. My hubby takes and wears Dockers. I like to dress up to go for dinner so he obliges me and does the same.
    Vicky

Doesn't anyone enjoy "dressing for dinner" anymore? I find it tends to make any occasion more special.....maybe I'm just old (fashioned)

Quote Originally Posted by EllenandJohn View Post
    Doesn't anyone enjoy "dressing for dinner" anymore? I find it tends to make any occasion more special.....maybe I'm just old (fashioned)
    From a purely personal standpoint, as far as I'm concerned, I'd be darn skippy if all the restaurants had a shorts and sandals dress code. I'm at my most comfortable when I'm decked in super casual (some might even call it sloppy) attire.

But as the above poster has been quoted, there are those who enjoy dressing up for dinner and Couples has obliged them by placing a dress code at their nicest restaurants. I see absolutely no problem with this, and it has always amazed me that a number of folks seem almost hellbent on getting around this code, as if by flaunting the rule they're getting away with something. I've never understood this mentality, especially considering that it's not as if they have no other casual attire restaurants from which to choose. No one is being forced to eat at the dressier establishments, but if you want to dine there, the rule is simple: honor the dress code.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    From a purely personal standpoint, as far as I'm concerned, I'd be darn skippy if all the restaurants had a shorts and sandals dress code. I'm at my most comfortable when I'm decked in super casual (some might even call it sloppy) attire.

But as the above poster has been quoted, there are those who enjoy dressing up for dinner and Couples has obliged them by placing a dress code at their nicest restaurants. I see absolutely no problem with this, and it has always amazed me that a number of folks seem almost hellbent on getting around this code, as if by flaunting the rule they're getting away with something. I've never understood this mentality, especially considering that it's not as if they have no other casual attire restaurants from which to choose. No one is being forced to eat at the dressier establishments, but if you want to dine there, the rule is simple: honor the dress code.
    Amen my brotha
    now if we can just get someone to buck up and become the fashion sherif these malcontents would be minimized and we can all enjoy a nice dinner

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    Amen my brotha
    now if we can just get someone to buck up and become the fashion sherif these malcontents would be minimized and we can all enjoy a nice dinner
    That's strictly up to Couples management to uphold the policy. I believe that everyone should simply honor the code as is, but if there are going to be those who attempt to get around it and management chooses to let them do so, then so be it. Couples would then have no one to blame but itself.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by EllenandJohn View Post
    then again maybe you do not go out as much when you are home ....
    hence the novelty factor is much larger. for some vacation is a break from the day to day activities....clothes do not make a dinner better the conversation more engaging or the moon any brighter over the water ... however if it make YOU feel better more power to you