Thread: CN Vs CSA

Default CN Vs CSA

Differences between the two??

Tomorrow I arrive at CSA- and CN on Friday- I'll post a review here and compare when I get back and it's my first time at each so I won't be biased at all, if that helps
    Ben and Jenny
    CSA & CN- November 3-11, 2009

CN has a better pool.
    CSA has a better beach.

I think that the biggest differences is that CN as a all nude beach, CSA does not. CSA has a couple of more restaruants and is on Long Bay, which is a bigger beach then CN's beach on Bloody Bay. After that it is just room design preferences and property sizes. But you will have the same great service at each. Well, actualy I have to say that I think Karen and her team do an outstanding job at CN, but I am partial, CN is our favorite.

CN = Bloody Bay = Shorter beach (approx 2 miles) with less foot traffic and beach vendors.

CSA = Long Bay = Longer beach (Approx 5 miles)with walking access to bars, restaurants, shops and more beach vendors.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Ahhh this is so hard:-) I need to pick one resort in Negril and one in Ocho Rios and i am so tossed!

I honestly think you cannot go wrong with either CN or CSA. Don't worry. Just pick the one your heart calls out to.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    CN has a better pool.
    CSA has a better beach.
    Sorry IACouple, but in my opinion, CN has a better beach! It's not as long, but because it's deeper, it's actually bigger. It also has more shade than CSA's beach.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by NYgirlinTX View Post
    Ahhh this is so hard:-) I need to pick one resort in Negril and one in Ocho Rios and i am so tossed!
    Hard, but I'll bet you're having a ball trying to narrow it down tho, hah? LOL

So you're definitely choosing one resort from each locale? Good for you, that's what we doing as well. Never having stayed at any of the resorts, I can only offer a newbie's perspective, but after doing all my research, I came to the conclusion that CN and CTI have a symbiotic relationship with each other, with the same likewise for CSA and CSS. Now of course most folks compare CN/CSA with CTI/CSS because of the natural Negril/Ocho Rios divide.

But since you're choosing one from each, I'm removing the geographical connection and focusing instead on the overall layout and emotional draw of each. CTI and CN are the most compact in size. They have also been described as the most "resort-looking" of the properties. That can be construed as good or bad depending on one's perspective. Perhaps due to their compact sizes, they tend to come across as the more social-oriented resorts, altho you can be as social or as private as you care to be at any of the four properties. CTI boasts the most inclusive activities, while CN is famous for its huge, centrally located main pool along with its outstanding beach.

CSS and CSA are larger in size, more spread out, and blend into the natural surroundings more seamlessly. Each is often described as the most beautiful Couples resort, CSS in particular with its property nestled into the lush Jamaican hillsides. CSA is regarded as the most sports minded of the four resorts and boasts the largest beach, but is also the only one of the four without an AN venue. Of course it's not necessarily a drawback if you're not seeking this.

The information I just provided was not intended to sway you in one direction or another, I merely offered a different slant as to what these 4 resorts have in common with one another. Perhaps you'll want to mix-n-match, say for instance choosing CSA/CTI or CN/CSS combo to have a nice little contrast. Which ever you choose, above all, be happy with your selections!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Look at you Ron!! Spoken like a seasoned veteran!! I feel like a proud parent. LOL

It DID just hit me though, that you while staying at CTI and CN, you will get to visit CSS and CSA....how lucky are you????
    Kristen

*sigh*... there's that "vs" again. I know its a very innocent way to ask a common question, but there is no "vs". Each Couples resort is unique in its own way, having evolved in very different ways to its current incarnation. Couples has done a masterful job of presenting four products that appeal to different clients.

Many folks are very parochial about "their" home. Some, who have been lucky enough to visit, and enjoy, more than one Couples resort, have a very tough time deciding which one to go to next.

If you've never been, look over the amenities, the photos, the inclusives, the locales; one of them will appeal to you, and maybe even whisper to you... "Pick me!" You can't miss!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

NYgirlinTX

CSA goes back to the days of the Hippies when it was just called Swepted Away. It was incorporated into the Couples Family. CN is the ONLY resort built by Couples from ground up.

CSA sits on 7 Mile Beach while CN sits on Bloody Bay.

You have to drive past CN to get to CSA.

The difference is you loose 10 minutes driving on the road rather than using those 10 minutes sipping a cold glass of champagne.

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    . . . . CSA sits on 7 Mile Beach while CN sits on Bloody Bay . . . .
    Both CN and CSA are located on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length.

CSA is located on Long Bay and shares the bay with numerous other resorts, bars, and restaurants. CN is located on Blood Bay and shares its bay with three other resorts.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

My first three trips to CSA were in the hippie days pre Couples. Loved it then and love it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    Look at you Ron!! Spoken like a seasoned veteran!! I feel like a proud parent. LOL

Yes, Kristen, but even though Ron and Rosa seam to know all about the Couples resorts, you and I both know that they will be literally blown away when they actually get there for the first time next April!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

wow did you at least try to read up on either resort ? ooophhaaaaa
    seriously out of respect to the subject board put some thought in the question..

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post

It DID just hit me though, that you while staying at CTI and CN, you will get to visit CSS and CSA....how lucky are you????
    LOL - see Kristen? You can tell I've been doing my homework.

However, in all sincerity, not sure we'll be doing the one day passes at CSS and CSA, respectively. Not because we don't want to, it's going to be more as to whether we'll have the time to devote. We'll likely have more free time on our hands at CN than at CTI, but then again we're only staying 4 nights, so I'm not sure for so little time we're there I want to commit a certain portion of my day visiting another resort, as beautiful as CSA undoubtedly is. And of course ditto as well with CSS.

I know this is going to come across as heresy, but I do give the Evil Empire one checkmark (and the only checkmark for that matter) as to comparative advantages when it comes to the ease of visiting sister resorts. From what I've gathered, it's much much easier to visit their other properties, something of which I wish Couples would adapt. But that's neither here or there. Besides, one small advantage against a dozen+ disadvantages doesn't cut it. Couples all the way baby!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Oh where's Papa Smoke when you need him.
    I bet 7 Mile Beach is only like 5+- something miles long.

I stand corrected CSA is on 5 miles of beach and CN is on 2 miles of beach.

You still have to drive past CN to get to CSA and pass up that cold glass of champagne.

We're big into tennis...so it's a no brainer. CSA all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    We're big into tennis...so it's a no brainer. CSA all the way!
    CN has tennis courts too. That was key in our decision as well.