Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 1st timer review - CTI - 10/16 - 23

Or 16/10 thru 23/10, when in Jamaica! Day then month - can be a bit confusing.

This was our first time to an all-inclusive resort, and 1st time to Jaimaica (other than stopping on a cruise a couple of years ago and going to Dunns River Falls)

Travel: St. Louis not the best place to live!

Flew American - no real good connecting flights. 12 hours traveling getting there, 15 hours getting home. Ugh! Flights were great, but layovers were a pain. After 10 hours traveling, that bus ride seems to take forever.

Room: 2102

Minor "glitches" but nothing really major: Water bottles not in the room, champagne and flowers not waiting for us in the room when we get there from the "Forever Yours" package I purchased. All resolved pleasantly with a single phone call.

Room was always clean - the staff does a wonderful job with this not only with the rooms, but the entire resort

Building "2" is pretty noisy at night until the entertainment is done for the night. Really just a very minor annoyance for us.

Something we noticed - until about mid week, the resort was not very crowded at all. Never an issue finding a chair, or a place to eat, etc. We rather enjoyed that.

Food: My wife is more of a "foodie" than I am.

Went to Bayside (fantastic!), and 8 Rivers (fine for me, wife loved it). I'm just not a "fancy" type food person. Looked at the menu for the Veranda restaurant, and didn't see anything that jumped out at us, so we didn't eat there.

Buffet had quite a few selections so neither of us had issues finding something that interested us. Note: They put dill sprigs in their salad - it tastes Awesome! We've copied it since we've arrived home.

Had the "Beach Dinner" Thursday night for our anniverary. Fantastic service (thanks Adrian!), fantastic food, by far the most romantic meal we've ever had. The Ipod dock with the "romantic" playlist didn't hurt any!

Drinks: Bob Marley shots = BAD!

Bars are plentiful, the bartenders friendly, and they get to know you quickly. Plenty of top-shelf liquor. The wife quickly found out that Malibu Rum is not the same potency as rum in Jamaica - same number of drinks - but silly drunk! It was enjoyable just to sit at the bar and talk to the friendly people, or make fun of "those" types of people - you know, the types that aren't happy with anything, or want something silly (like no ice in their drinks). Happy to say, they were few and far between.

Activities

Had the "couples massage". It was the 1st massage I've ever had - very relaxing. Gen did a wonderful job!

The beginners diving course was a blast also. Wife had an issue being able to equalize as she was decending so didn't have as much fun, but is eager to try again. Was a great time!

We didn't really partake of any of the other options - shopping, water equipment, Dunns river, Horseback riding, Catamaran Cruise. A couple could stay busy every day, if they so desired. We didn't.

We had pictures taken - they were a ton of fun! The photographer was extremely imaginitive, and that made all the difference.

Island: Cynthia, Queen of the Island!

Another 1st for us. Somewhat nervous going over, and not really knowing what to do (you walk over, find a place to sit, and strip down).

I can honestly say, that these are some of the most open, friendly people I have ever met! We weren't there 5 minutes before people were introducing themselves.

It's obvious who goes over there to have fun, and who doesn't. My wife drank WAY too much, talked about our daughter WAY too much, and I had to take her back and pour her into bed.

At least 6 of the couples over there stopped by that night while I was eating dinner alone to ask how she was doing, and stopped by to tease her a bit the next day and try and get her back to the island.

From another post it appeared that this annoyed at least one couple - they appear to be the exception, rather than the rule.

Most people are just friendly, and hoping everyone has a good time!

Overall:

We really enjoyed this trip! We are looking at going again next year about the same time the rest of the Island crowd is planning to be there (week of Oct 17th). We definitely are going to need to figure out how to get some better flights thought - too much travel time!

Phil and Lisa

That was a most enjoyable review, I really got a kick out of reading it. Thanks. I'm dreading that Bob Marley tho!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Great review! (aside from that Bob Marley mumbo-jumbo)

I really need to write mine. We left two days after you got there and I still haven't typed it up.

Default Bob Marley's vary...

One bar, it was about 1/2 ounce each of three different liquors, topped by 1/2 ounce of rum.

at the OTHER bar - for our 1st time, it was about 1/2 ounce each of three different types of liquor, and then about 2 1/2 ounces of overproof rum - Didn't wear off for about 2 HOURS! Burned like hell going down too. I figure it was equivalent to about 6 or 8 normal shots - wheh!

Fun though!

I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Thanks for the review. Look at Memphis, Atlanta, or Chicago as your connectors. I actually thought I saw a milwaukee- st. louis - montego bay flight.. or is that the usa3000 route that was cancelled?

Thanks for the Post. We are going Dec14-21(honeymoon), will be our first all-inclusive vacation and our first Jamaica visit. Can't wait.

I hope that the non-happy people were the exception and not the rule. That just ruins everyone's fun. And I sure hope that people don't think I talk too much about my daughter....I'd hate to have to "watch" what I say.

"From another post it appeared that this annoyed at least one couple - they appear to be the exception, rather than the rule."

Yes you and another post were obviously at CTI at the same time! Never-the-less, both your reviews were great and kind of funny. I got new info from both that I had not yet heard. So do you get to keep the water bottles as a souvenir and what do they look like? On a lighter note, about 3 years ago, I unexpectedly got into an argument with my still current boyfriend except we were at a resort in Mexico. We started arguing in one of their fine dining restaurants, we were loud, I stormed out!...We laugh about it now...neither of us felt good about it because we briefly disrupted others vacations. We have not fought since on vacation. My point, unexpected things happen...

Oh boy, was your wife the one that threw up on the boat and driver on the way back from Tower Isle? Funny how posts by travelers overlap.

Sounds as though you had a wonderful time overall. Can't wait to go in February.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Quote Originally Posted by KandS View Post
    I hope that the non-happy people were the exception and not the rule. That just ruins everyone's fun. And I sure hope that people don't think I talk too much about my daughter....I'd hate to have to "watch" what I say.
    The happy people far outnumberd the unhappy, except when we had to watch someone try and nail his drunk wife in the pool.

Great, honest, fun review!!!!

You two sound like us!

so what language does your daughter speak don't leave hanging

Loved your review, made me wish time could fly.....cant wait to get home!!!
    Kristen

I had to take her back and pour her into bed.
    ROFL!
    It happens to everyone - Not a big deal and those that made a big deal of it need to mind their own business.

The frequent beverage is what alot of people need for their first time AN and usually adds to the experience for everyone.

I am usually so excited the first day I forget to eat which combined with too much drink is a recipe for disaster. Been there done that!

Sounds like you both enjoyed your trip.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Quote Originally Posted by gravysgal View Post
    Oh boy, was your wife the one that threw up on the boat and driver on the way back from Tower Isle? Funny how posts by travelers overlap.

Sounds as though you had a wonderful time overall. Can't wait to go in February.
    without pics it didnt happen lol

Default Phil and Lisa ?

At least 6 of the couples over there stopped by that night while I was eating dinner alone to ask how she was doing, and stopped by to tease her a bit the next day and try and get her back to the island.

So - Phil - I am wondering - did Lisa make it back to the island?

Quote Originally Posted by gravysgal View Post

No - although I spent a while that night cleaning the bathroom

It really was fun. You'll have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by lanellboo View Post
    "From another post it appeared that this annoyed at least one couple - they appear to be the exception, rather than the rule."

Yes you and another post were obviously at CTI at the same time! Never-the-less, both your reviews were great and kind of funny. I got new info from both that I had not yet heard. So do you get to keep the water bottles as a souvenir and what do they look like? On a lighter note, about 3 years ago, I unexpectedly got into an argument with my still current boyfriend except we were at a resort in Mexico. We started arguing in one of their fine dining restaurants, we were loud, I stormed out!...We laugh about it now...neither of us felt good about it because we briefly disrupted others vacations. We have not fought since on vacation. My point, unexpected things happen...
    Water bottles are yours to keep. They are like your standard Nalgene-type sport bottles. They are very convenient to fill up with ice-water or diet-soda as needed.

Yes, things happen. Life goes one.

WAY more the exception than the rule.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by mattnsharon View Post
    The happy people far outnumberd the unhappy, except when we had to watch someone try and nail his drunk wife in the pool.
    Dude - give it a break.

Kissing your wife in the pool is nothing remotely related to trying to "nail" her. Especially when there is no "contact" between sexual organs, or even hands.

Apologies if we in any way negatively effected your vacation. I can assure you that was not our intent.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    so what language does your daughter speak don't leave hanging
    Mandarin

Quote Originally Posted by sshik View Post

So - Phil - I am wondering - did Lisa make it back to the island?
    She didn't, but it wasn't due to not liking it.

She was a "bit" hung over the next day (understatement), and didn't think her stomach could take the boat ride. We left the following morning at 7:15am.

Learn from us - go early in the vacation. I know that many people have suggested that - add us to that list also!

Mainly go, have fun. I'm sure, like us, your intent will be in no way to negatively effect others, but you can't spend your entire vacation stressing about it

Phil

I was on the island when Lisa had her little problem, I did not see anything except people come together to help her, to make sure she didn't hurt herself in the pool, and to help her get back to her room safely. This is what friends do look out for each other. We hope to see you there next year. Frank and Cindy

I so enjoyed your honest review. We have less than a week before we go. We live in Evansville, Indiana we are flying out at 6 am stopping at Atlanta 9:00 am (approx 1 hr layover) and then supposed to be in Jaimaca by 1 pm. We are about an hour and half from St Louis, MO. Just something for you to consider for your next flight. Love your sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by fandc View Post
    I was on the island when Lisa had her little problem, I did not see anything except people come together to help her, to make sure she didn't hurt herself in the pool, and to help her get back to her room safely. This is what friends do look out for each other. We hope to see you there next year. Frank and Cindy
    That's how I remember it also.

Although I have to admit - several guys trying to put clothing ON a drunk woman is very counter intuitive!

We are looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Default snjcouple

I was also on the Island that day and seen it the same way Frank and Cindy did.Infact my wife was the one that got her out of the pool and I along with Frank and Phil walked her to the dock to get on the boat notice I said walked..Hey Phil or Lisa send us a e-mail

Don&Bernadette

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast