Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default recent CN trip - changes

In Tigger tradition, a few details on changes noted in our recent stay. Some we had read/heard of, but hadn't seen ourselves.

New This Trip(to us)
    Blue/white striped pattern on roll bell pillows & the corner chair
    Orange fabric on the bed headboard
    Otaheite Tile floor (vs wood)
    Otaheite dress code sign outside the door
    Oneida brand knives (at cassava)
    Placemats at Cassava & BeachGrill are now mesh vs flat w/ couples logo
    Red buoys – all along bloody bay – not just CN beach
    No boardwalk behind block 1 / BeachGrill
    New shallow sink in room
    Shower curtain and rail are different
    New type of hooks in room (metal)
    Side tables by bed are new - bigger
    i-pod station vs radio/CD player
    mini-bar system – having request sheets
    water sports schedule changes (8:30AM for hobie cat & sunfish)
    Activities – touch football, Frisbee football, environmental scavenger hunt, frog hunt, kayak race, sand sculpture
    Both palapas are down by block 6 now
    Small red flags for poolside tables
    Uniforms - bar/restaurant in blue, front desk grayish or blue
    Closet has wooden sliding doors (vs curtain)
    Room basket – aloe is clear and in tube, body lotion in tube, massage soap, body wash gel gone
    Chandelier in piano bar – light strings in shape of a sphere
    Chandelier in Cassava buffet area - light strings
    All new entertainment staff
    Office Of Nature fake place (w/ OON sign)- the original is down the beach

Hi there,
    Who was in the Entertainment staff?
    Andrew, Cody, Amanda ?

Thanks
    Kevin and Becky

Hi Kev/Becky,
    Andrew, Cody, Amanda, Chantel all gone.

New leader is Simone Gordon.
    Fabian
    Lascelles
    Angelica (aka booboo)
    Travis (started a few weeks ago).

There were only those 4 plus Team Leader.

Hi Rudi,
    Thanks for all the updates! Glad you two had another Great Trip! You are defintely the Detail King!!
    Thanks again!!
    Art xo Francine

Default Wow, Amanda, too?

Hi Rudi,
    She was there in September. We met Angelica and Fabian. How did you like the anniversary celebration? We missed you this year!

Hi A&F - thanks. We're glad too, but of course wish we were still there.

Just for you, 2 more:
    At Watersports one now has to sign out on a clip board for _all_ activities (not just snorkeling, booze cruz, etc). Even for kayak or Hobie cat there is a sign out for your room #, name, what time, etc.

The Hobie Cats are numbered now (on the sails).

Hi G&P,

Yep, Amanda was gone. All new staff to us.

Despite heavy rain the anniversary party was fantastic. They did a great job, and of course Misja and the chefs had incredible food. So many and so much desserts; it was unbelievable.

Maybe we will see you next fall?

Rudi, you mentioned I-pod docking stereo in the rooms...don't need to bring a portable docking station?

As for the staff, Bummer to hear Chantel, Andrew are gone. In true Couples fashion, I'm sure the new crew is fantastic!

We're headed back for 3rd annual over New Years...

Rudi - Did you ask the OON folks why they allow the FAKE OON to be there? That rattles me when people steal from you. That is what the fakers are attempting.
    PAPA SMOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Chinabug View Post
    Rudi, you mentioned I-pod docking stereo in the rooms...don't need to bring a portable docking station?
    We could not get our MP3 (non I-pod) to work with the player in the room and used our equivalent of an I-pod docking station instead. We've had similar experiences in other hotels - the port is the same but the player will not pick up the output of our player. If you have an I-pod I assume it will work but perhaps it is best to search this board before leaving your dock station at home.

Our Ipods worked when we were there in October. And the docking station also charges, so no need to pack a charger. Oh how I miss CN

What if you don't have an I-pod? And only have CD'S?
    Any chance on getting the use of one of the old CD players?

Quote Originally Posted by edsjen View Post
    What if you don't have an I-pod? And only have CD'S?
    Any chance on getting the use of one of the old CD players?
    I had asked that before we left and some said yes, some no. We didn't take the CDs but enjoyed listening to the music on the radio. I wasn't sure I would like that but found it was great to have on. We just returned on 11/27.

anyne who has been there recently; is there still soap and shampoo in the bathroom basket. I wasn't going to pack any this trip, but am now second thinking that. We leave in 11 days

Quote Originally Posted by Happytimes42 View Post
    anyne who has been there recently; is there still soap and shampoo in the bathroom basket. I wasn't going to pack any this trip, but am now second thinking that. We leave in 11 days
    yes there were both last week plus a lotion and aloe gel.

Default iPhones too?

Just wondering if the docking stations in the rooms work with iPhones, or just iPods? Can you tell I just got my iPhone and don't own and iPod?? I don't know if they use the same hardware or not!

20 more sleeps!

Quote Originally Posted by cleversole View Post
    yes there were both last week plus a lotion and aloe gel.
    We just came back, and there was blue shower gel also available. Some posts said this was no longer available. The only thing I took was conditioner. Everything else was provided.

Anyone ever take a Sirius radio docking station?

Default Docking stations

The docking stations will play your IPHONE but not charge it. Bring your charger!!

Default Does CN still have sand sculpture competitions?

This past October, CN had sand sculpture on the weekly calendar, but not on the daily calendar. That was something I'd been looking forward to, so I was disappointed. However, since CN is CN, I had no trouble finding something else fun to do. And then I found out they did have the competition after all!!!

We're returning for our fifth visit in April and I just checked the activity list and didn't see sand sculpture listed. Do they still have it or not?

We saw the sand sculpture on a list but didn't see the activity (believe it was raining hard at the time though). We'll be there in ~ 2 weeks and I'll try to remember to post about the sand sculpture.

Quote Originally Posted by kybluehen View Post
    This past October, CN had sand sculpture on the weekly calendar, but not on the daily calendar. That was something I'd been looking forward to, so I was disappointed. However, since CN is CN, I had no trouble finding something else fun to do. And then I found out they did have the competition after all!!!

We're returning for our fifth visit in April and I just checked the activity list and didn't see sand sculpture listed. Do they still have it or not?
    Seems to me there were a lot of activities on the calendar they give you when you get there than they show on here. I think the ones on here are the major activities but they have much more going on....as you know. Seems to me it was on Thursday when we were there in November. I remember walking by and looking at them. Some of these people are really good!

Quote Originally Posted by cleversole View Post
    Seems to me there were a lot of activities on the calendar they give you when you get there than they show on here.
    I can't tell the context from your post, but if by "on here" you mean the first post - i.e.
    "Activities – touch football, Frisbee football, environmental scavenger hunt, frog hunt, kayak race, sand sculpture"
    the intent was only to list activities we had not seen listed in our prior visit, not all of them.
    You are certainly correct there are many more activities than that - I think I posted a picture of the weekly calendar from our last visit somewhere that shows them.
    Glad to hear the sculpture does take place when not raining - we'd like to see it.

rudi...rudi...rudi...rudi

It's been three years since Peggy and I were at CN so tell me that I will still love CN...Couples Negril
    I know that several employees that knew me are gone and I will miss them.

Hugs from 10 0 C

Tick Tock....just a bit more I can tell you whether the sand sculpture is still happening.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast