Default Horseback riding at CSS

I realize it is not an included activity, however I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations about a horseback riding tour at CSS. Is there something that goes on the beach?

Cost and duration would be helpful info too.

Sunfun,

We stayed at CSS in '08 and took the Hooves horseback riding tour. It starts at the great house on a plantation and you ride down to the ocean. After a short break to change into swim attire (strip down to your swim suit) you go for a ride in the surf. It's absolutely fantastic!! Following the ride in the ocean you change back and then ride back to where you started on a different trail. There are some locals down on the beach selling souvenirs also. I can't remember the price but I believe it was under $100/each for us. Lasts a few hours. The nice part, compared to the other horseback riding outfit, is that you don't have to wear a bike helmet for protection if you're willing to sign a waiver. The guides are great as they'll entertain you with Jamaican humor while educating on their history and natural herbs located on the island. This ride is definitely worth it and not to be missed.

Bart & Bug
    Last edited by Bart and Bug; October 29th, 2009 at 12:28 PM.

Horse back riding is offered. You can go on the beach, ocean, or in the hills. I think they are all about 2-4 hours. Check with the tour desk when you arrive.

Enjoy!!
    Irie Mon