Default Couples Suggestion

We just returned from our 3rd Couples visit, all to CN and had a great time, met wonderfull people. I had a thought/suggestion: It seemed this year that there were a lot of photographs taken by staff members that we could view at certain times while at CN. Now that we are back home we wish we would have taken some additional time to view more but that would have required a daily trip up the stairs and time away from the beach/bar or enertainment.
    Any possibility of adding the opportunity on-line to view or buy some of these photos from home?

Just a thought !

Not a bad idea, but I think it would be a lot of work to display just your pictures from home.
    Irie Mon

good idea....would be nice to know that if you forgot to look, you are not out of luck. hope it becomes available because we never have enough pics with us both in it

I actually was hoping for the same thing. We had our wedding at CTI back in July, and I would love to be able to purchase more of the pictures, now that funds are better, but have no way of viewing or purchasing them.

I think this is a great idea! They could give you a number/code so you could see your pictures on a website from home, order additional prints if you wanted to, in different sizes, etc. I've always thought that every time we are there. Thanks for making the suggestion!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

I'm guessing the answer will be no for the very simple reason that if one can view the pics online, one can figure out ways to copy without buying them. I'm sure Couples would like to retain this right to sell their products for a fair profit and rightfully so. Not saying anyone here would abuse this, but why chance it.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I agree! I also wish that Couples would allow you to purchase a disc with all your photos, so you could edit and print them once you get home. Even at an exhorbitant price, I'm sure many people (including myself) would want to purchase them!

Nat and Bill
    CSA Nov 23 - Dec 2

not sure I want the general public looking at my pix...just sayin'...can't imagine management ants to take the potential liability on...your pictures are treated as the private images that they are....

Great Idea SuznJoe! This would be so easy for Couples to do also! I use zenfolio for my client proofing and ordering. They just go to my zenfolio site view and purchase the pictures online and the lab prints and ships them directly to the customer. Then I get a deposit for the profit in my bank account. Maybe Couples could upload the all the pictures from a the week into an album that way it would be easier to find your pictures buy just looking for the dates you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    I'm guessing the answer will be no for the very simple reason that if one can view the pics online, one can figure out ways to copy without buying them. I'm sure Couples would like to retain this right to sell their products for a fair profit and rightfully so. Not saying anyone here would abuse this, but why chance it.
    Thats why I use Zenfolio! No way for them to save the picture and they put a copyright watermark on every picture online!

It would probably not be that hard to do. Was at Disney in July and they have a "photo pass". It is a small credit card that has a bar code and a number on it. When you want your picture taken hand the card to the photog & he scans the card, and takes your picture. When you get home you go to their website, enter the code on your card & there are all of the pictures that you had taken. You can buy them in any size and format that you would like. They also have some other options like borders etc. They stay on-line for 30 days and then are purged.

I know that we would like to have a few other pictures that were taken of us when we were at CSA on our honeymoon in Feb.

I would love this. Every year we swear we're actually going to go and look at our pics in the photo office, and we never do. If we couldn't buy from home, at least be able to buy a disk and take with us so we could have them without taking time to go and pick and buy.

Photographers do this all the time so I cannot imagine it being that difficult to proof mark the photos and protect them from theft. The photographer we used for our wedding in Hawaii put them online, gave us a code and there was no way to "steal" the pictures, nor would you have wanted to steal the low-resolution proofs. Seems like Couples has a pretty savvy Web manager, so this ought to be a no-brainer, and a money-maker for them as well!

Great idea!