Thread: November 2017

Default November 2017

We made a change to our fall trip. Instead of October, we are going back to November, Waiting on confir\mation from our TA about making the changes. We are looking at 9-20. Get on board.

Richie & Sylvia 9-21

It's closer than you think

John & Carol from N.H. set for 11/3-->11/13.

The count down is on!

J.H.

Kathy and Fred 10/31-11/11
    Cannot wait!

Jonathan and Melissa
    Nov 3-12,2017
    Can't wait to be home🌴

Welcome to the first three couples John & Carol, Kathy & Fred, Jonathan & Mellisa. We have a group!!

Kathy & Fred 31-11
    Jonathon & Melissa 3-12
    John & Carol 3-13
    Richie & Sylvia 9-21

173 for me

Tony & Benita hoping to be "home" some time around the 9th. 32nd Anniversary!

I'll get the dates later for our latest edition. Welcome Tony & Benita

Kathy & Fred 31-11
    Jonathon & Melissa 3-12
    John & Carol 3-13
    Richie & Sylvia 9-21

It's going to be a long summer

The summer here in New England is far from over. But we are a lot closer to November than we were in my first post in May. Not a very big list, but there's still time. Last year's Nov. trip was one of the wettest we ever had. I'm looking for brighter skies this time around.

Kathy & Fred 31-11
    Jonathon & Melissa 3-12
    John & Carol 3-13
    Richie & Sylvia 9-21

DDD twenty days.

(Could this really be true? Will the stars actually align so I can meet crabracer after all these years of reading his posts?)

We will be at css Nov. 7-18th but as always we will trade places to cti a couple of days.

See you there!

Thank you, Kristin. I look forward to meeting you and Michael. I'll look for you at SSB or on the "rock".

It doesn't appear that many of the November folks have been chatting here. Well, there is a reason to celebrate for some of us to dance the dance of the disappearing digit. As I turn the page on the calendar, I see that on Thursday of this coming week, we will be stage two, double digits. Yea. We've been home from our April trip about 92 days. And in just a few days more than that we will be returning. It still seems like a dream or a page out of a magazine. Even after 22 years. It's still glorious. Thank you Couples for some outstanding memories and for all the hard work that everyone puts in. thank you once again.

Hubby and I are headed here for our first trip Nov 23 through Dec 2 to celebrate his 50th and our 5 year anniversary. He knows we're going someplace tropical and has guessed Jamaica (I gave to many hints on our flight details) but doesn't know we'll be at Couples Tower Isle. Looking forward to this trip!

Welcome to Kikrst. Names??And congratulations on youur 50th anniversary. We just had our 50 too. Look forward to meeting you both.

Kathy & Fred 31-11
    Jonathon & Melissa 3-12
    John & Carol 3-13
    Richie & Sylvia 9-21

DDD twenty days.

Okay, we're in the home stretch. Once we get into DD, I make a complete attitude adjustment. "It all depends on where you stands in life and that all you will see" A quote from an 8th grade teacher. So from now on, it's a slow slide to the finish. It's just a matter of time. "I cant'change time, but time can change me". Another life saving quote.

Today is DDD day. I"m smiling all day.

99 and loving it.

My fellow November travelers. We are approaching that auspicious month of our lunar year, November. I looked up a few interesting factoids about the month of the turkey and the first shopping day of, dare I speak the word here in August? Okay, how's this, "The Holiday Season". Whatever. There is certainly a lot more going on than just Christmas.

So these interesting tidbits were of utmost importance and I wanted to share them with all of you. But after reading them over, every one of them I promise. Who was born, who had died, holidays, times of war etc. All sorts of stuff. But after reading them over, every one of them, I promise, I decided that there are even more things that are even more important.

For instance. My birthday. Well, it has some sentimental meaning to me. And I would rather unabashedly boast of my triumphs and successes in hopes of persuading all of, no, many of you, okay, I'm not that greedy, some of you. Wait, I'm getting that look. How about one couple. Alright, is that better? One lousy, no I didn't mean that the couple is lousy. I'll move on.

Boasting: For starters, if I should make it to the day of my birth celebration, and I am not overwhelmed by my thongs of admirers I will..... Now what? there's that look again. Oops! My bad. throngs of admirers.

On Nov. 8 I will become the new number 77. And the counting shall be seventy and seven. I understand that this date may have absolutely no relevance to your life whatsoever. That's okay because I am not talking about your life anyway. But that day in 1940 certainly made my mother very happy. And all these years later I still derive enormous pleasures as well. That is, I derive enormous pleasures only if I get lots and lots of PRESENTS. That's right boys and girls. Richie, aka, Crabracer, can only be happy on his special day, if he gets lots and lots and lots, that's three lots, of expensive PRESENTS. I put it in capital letters in case anyone is hard of hearing. I'm sorry if you're hard of seeing, I can't do anything for that.

Well anyway, getting back to what kind of good PRESENTS I would like. Well, I won't lie to you. Money is always good. You just can't go wrong with giving lots and lots of that green United States paper currency. Any and all demensions are welcomed. This is not a time to hold back here friends and neighbors.

Now I understand that we live in tough economic times. I understand that. Cash is difficult to get and even more difficult to hold onto. I am not one to quibble. I will accept Check, any and all credit and debit cards, virtually any coinage from any country anywhere in this world or from any other world you may be from.

Ah!! How crass of me. Soliciting like some common vagabond in the street. Yup. I don't have a problem with that. Besides, I have more boasting to do.

Big boast. More like a bunch of boasts roll into one. Sort of a 'boast bouquet. I have been married for more than fifty years to the same woman. Did you notice that I underlined the word more. See, I did it again. Well, I want to emphasize that 'more part'. That's because I have been married for fifty years and seventy-three days. Still to that same woman.
    And as though that isn't reason enough to laud me with anything lavish, that same woman, I shall call her Sylvia, and I were not merely pretty good or even successful at raising our daughter Sydney Erica, a person with some pretty special needs. Nay, I say. We triumphed in the face of adversity. We laughed. Ha Ha. And in the end, we gave Syd just about every opportunity she could handle and she too triumphed. She remained with us until she was 28 and then we found a group home that we thought at the time, would be a good fit for Sydney. Boy, were we wrong. terribly wrong and Syd paid the price for our mistakes.

However, after a very long year at that first house, we were able to secure housing with four other women and outstanding staff that covered the house 24/7. Surely that's worth a few sheckles.

If there is anyone that is reading this and thinks that there is a shred of truth to this fable then, by all means, I wouldn't want to disappoint you. You can forward whatever it is you have for me or you can give it to me in person when you see me on the rock. We will be there from the 9-22. but please don't wait until the last day. You know how hectic that can be.

All I'm really hoping for my birthday is great weather for the whole month of November. That would be irie mon

Coming soon to an island resort near you

November 24-December 1st

Welcome to Matt & Lisa

Kathy & Fred 31-11
    Jonathon & Melissa 3-12
    John & Carol 3-13
    Richie & Sylvia 9-21
    Matt & Lisa 24-1

Not the longest list ever, but still, it's a list/

91 and getting smaller all the time

Default Vacation

Tom & Sharon. Nov 27 - Dec 1. 1st timers. 

We welcome another couple to our little group. First timers Tom & Sharon.

Kathy & Fred 31-11
    Jonathon & Melissa 3-12
    John & Carol 3-13
    Richie & Sylvia 9-21
    Matt & Lisa 24-1
    Tom & Sharon 27-1

We're under 40 days. Hooray!!

Nov 27 - Dec 1

Default Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by kikirst33 View Post
    Hubby and I are headed here for our first trip Nov 23 through Dec 2 to celebrate his 50th and our 5 year anniversary. He knows we're going someplace tropical and has guessed Jamaica (I gave to many hints on our flight details) but doesn't know we'll be at Couples Tower Isle. Looking forward to this trip!
    Hello!
    First timers here. Be there Nov 27-Dec1
    Looking forward to meeting you guys
    See you soon!
    Tom and Sharon

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt and Lisa F View Post
    November 24-December 1st
    Tom and Sharon
    Nov 27-1