Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrooks330 View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I will be at CSA on 8/5? Which room type are you staying in? I bookedan Atrium and i'd like a good location "all things considered"
    The only atriums available last week were 20-24 and 29. Everything atrium south of that is being remodeled (16-19,25-27)

Noise in our room in the morning....you don't hear anything from the Palms, you can hear construction once it starts around 0900. We have a sound machine on our iPhone on which we play frogs and waves, so when the real ones stop in the morning, we still hear them. My wife has slept a few hours later in the day with no problem.

Noise at night...well music from the Palms has always carried throughout the old section. We're not really noticing worse than previous years, but our beachfront rooms seems well blocked by block right next to the Palms.

Looks like your best bet is one of the Atrium blocks one in from both the Palms and construction.

M & D

No problem...we like to be helpful and we told Karen we thought she was making a mistake by not disclosing more. She said that there's quite a bit of info on FB...but that's not our thing.

Repeaters is same as always...Monday at Patois. And that's the only nigh Patois is closed for dinner. As it's low season they're also closed for lunch.

M & D

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The only atriums available last week were 20-24 and 29. Everything atrium south of that is being remodeled (16-19,25-27)
    Appreciate the input! Very helpful!

So I have been following the posts on FB and the restaurants are and will be open, however the noise is very bothersome. I am so disturbed by this, as one video was posted from the center of the beach, and the construction noise was very loud. Those going now please continue to post and keep us updated. Management, when will the construction be done. It is very unfair that we were not told about this so we can book a different month. Now all the airfare has been booked. Very sad.
    Mary Ann

We were told they are accepting full bookings for October, so it has to be done by then! i can't tell if they are going to open blocks as they finish, as right now all of the blocks' rooms are stripped, rather than working one block to completion then moving on to the next. Of course that might actually be more disruptive. There is also underground plumbing work being done.

I was hoping they would be done by September. Staff is saying the noise is not disruptive, however videos. show different.
    Mary Ann

We were at CSA last week (7/11-7/19) and the construction is indeed a larger scale than we have seen in a long time at CSA.
    That said, we did not find it to be terribly intrusive with either noise or inconvenience. We stayed in one of the remodeled Atrium suites, 1122. We were pleased with the improvements, described very well in a previous post. We were on the first floor and the only complaint we had was the verandah doors were sticky. The doors are new and the humidity seems to have gotten to the wood and caused some swelling. Not a big deal. We reported it and maintenance made and effort to fix it. Better, but needs additional attention. Not really much to complain about beyond that. New shutters, new floor, new shelving with "baskets" to use as drawers in the closet, which we really liked. New shower and light fixtures, new outlets and new safe. The new tile extends out to the verandah as well. The cushions on the verandah have also been replaced with new ones. The remodel going on really illustrates how extensive this face lift is. They are replacing the railings on the verandahs, repairing cracks in outer walls, painting and staining everything as well as the hardware and woodwork replacements. After years of reading on the message board about how the old section needed to be freshened up, this will do that in a big way.
    We're headed back in December and can't wait to see the finished product! If your going in the next few months, I wouldn't be too worried about the construction work. Maybe we're just too easy to please, but it didn't detract from our stay at all. Have fun! The beach is magnificent!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

This may have been mentioned b4, but I had not seen it. There was a drone video posted 7/31 -Titled "7 mile beach at Couples Swept Away" by majestic dream vacations, which sweeps up the beach, and does show just how much of the facilities are involved-as you can see the roped off area. hope this helps a bit- mike

FYI - Here is the response I got via email a few days ago when I asked about the CSA renovations. We will be there in late November.

Please be advised that we do have minor renovation going on now, in November it should be slowing down.
    regards

ANDREA BRUCE
    Reservations Agent/Special Service Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    This may have been mentioned b4, but I had not seen it. There was a drone video posted 7/31 -Titled "7 mile beach at Couples Swept Away" by majestic dream vacations, which sweeps up the beach, and does show just how much of the facilities are involved-as you can see the roped off area. hope this helps a bit- mike
    The video shows a lot. Thanks for posting this and I hope it's all completed by mid November. We have one of the PBFS's booked. I know there are only two that were previously renovated.

Life is good

Mike & S... Wow... Thanks for the video info. They're doing "My" room!!!

I am pretty sure those who wanted info or updates on the renovations at CSA who were all ANTI drones and would destroy a drone the instant it flies by will deny that video was useful for them... just saying

Frankly, I'm still steamed that Couples has not used their forum (right here) to let us know what's going on, and how it might affect or enhance our stay. I don't feel it's too much to ask.

As for that drone, management WOULD have gotten an earful had I been there. It would be bad enough that I wouldn't have access to my accommodation of choice... but with construction at this scale and at those prices, having a drone buzzing overhead would likely have been the absolute last straw.

Hey Chris... When is Couples supposed to do what's needed, as far as construction is concerned, to improve the resort? During the busy season? Call the Resort.

Quote Originally Posted by welovecouplesresorts View Post
    I am pretty sure those who wanted info or updates on the renovations at CSA who were all ANTI drones and would destroy a drone the instant it flies by will deny that video was useful for them... just saying
    I think allowing the occasional use of a drone by the property managers for the purpose of making a promotional video is much different than allowing the general use of drones by the guests of the resort.

I'm guessing that you would never know that drone is up there. Between small noise footprint, high altitude, beach/wave noise, any music playing and other ambient beach noise this would have gone totally noticed. And you also couldn't tell who was who in the video so identities were not sacrificed. Non-story.

Hey BarDar... calling Miami isn't a solution. Couples has ignored several requests for information in their forum (here). Before spending precious dollars, it's not too much to ask for clarifications and information so as to make such a decision. Look... I appreciate that Couples is doing right by updating their accommodations. If they don't, it's a sure path to oblivion. If Couples feared losing business in the low season, perhaps a total shuttering during a shorter overhaul may have been a better decision for all, including staff. I wonder how many guests from over the summer are now saying "never again"?

I've been there at least three times during construction and never let it bother me. Great vacations each time.

Im with Chris on this. I was at CSA last August during renovations and was a little disappointed with the construction going on . I knew about he Palms being closed but didn't know about the rest. I wanted to go back this summer or fall and sent email to CSA asking about possible construction. After trying to contact more than once ,I was given response that some renovations would be going on but no time frame given. I agree that of course slow season is when renos are done, and price is better ( but by no means cheap!) and if you know its going on and still choose to go no problem! But lack of being upfront about this isn't the best approach, thats my opinion.
    I was considering booking for November, but it now seems that it may still be going on. I know they can't guarantee an end date but updates would be very much appreciated. I myself will not book until I know I will be able to enjoy CSA the way i have in years past.. without construction noise!

Other places I"ve stayed in Negril have posted when there will be construction (and good deals to be had during that time). And as have been stated on this thread, some people don't mind the constuction, but its good to be informed.

MShell... if you went to CSA last year during the renovations, I would not suggest going until the current renovations are done if it caused disappointment for you as it is far more extensive than the renovations last year as it pertains to the rooms/suites.

I do want to point out though the currrent renovations have NO effect on any of the restaurants. As a matter of fact.... our experiences at Palms this year was surprisingly very GOOD as we did notice a steady decline in the food quality and service since we started coming to CSA. We had some of our better meals at the Palms during our last visit-(last month). We ate twice at Feathers and can honestly say my dinners at Palms were better as far as taste.(of course the ambiance at Feathers as you know is different from Palms but my entrees were way better at the Palms). Perhaps the renovations at Palms had something to do with it but also the staff has drastically improved as well which we were really pleased with.

During our repeater's dinner, the manager we sat with said the current renovations should be completed by October but again that is by word of mouth and do not know how official that is. I am sure you know the layout of CSA and know there is original section and a newer section. All the buildings with "Verandah" in the room category name whether it's Gardenview, Ocean or Beachfront Verandah is considered the newer section of CSA plus Greathouse and all the rooms in the Greathouse are also part of the newer section. So if you were there last yr and saw the rooms/buildings sectioned off and being renovated-(all were part of original CSA section) so ALL the rest other room categories in original section-(Atrium, Gardenview, Beachfront) are included in the current renovations so more extensive amount of buildings and sectioned off than the set of buildings/suites they did last year. We stayed in a Garden Verandah Suite last month, where you can hear drilling during the day when outside sitting on the porch but did NOT hear any of the construction noise when inside the room.-(work from my estimate started around 9 stopped around 5/6pm)

welovecouplesresorts~ Thanks for the fist hand info. We stay in an Atrium Suite so it would be pretty hard to avoid the contruction. We also like spending the day on the beach of the "origianl section".
    Looks like I may have to wait untill next fall to get back to CSA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2