Default New to Couples Resorts

Hi everyone:-)

My Fiance & I are trying to figure out where to spend our honeymoon... And have come across Couples Resorts. How do you choose which one you want to stay at? And what about splitting the time, has anyone done that? How far is Negril from Ocho's Rios. We were thinking spending 7nights 8 days down in negril and then maybe transfering to ochos rios 4 nights 5 days. Has anyone done this?

How do you choose a resort? Read about each resort, read the message board, and ask lots of questions. One of the first thing you need to think about is what you want to do. The resorts offer different things and all they are different in layout.

Splitting time is no problem. They will transfer from Negril to Ocho Rio. Some times it is direct and sometimes you make a stop at the airport. The transfer will take 3 to 4 hours.
    Irie Mon

You just have to read up on and look at pictures of the Couples Resorts and one will call to you. We started with just going to CSS and then went back the following year and did a split between CTI and CSS. From what I understand it's about 3 hours between the resorts in Ocho Rios and Negril. A split stay would be a great way to see both sides of the island. We're doing that next year with a split between CSA and CSS. Good luck on finding your resort.

Bart & Bug

Quote Originally Posted by NYgirlinTX View Post

My Fiance & I are trying to figure out where to spend our honeymoon... And have come across Couples Resorts. How do you choose which one you want to stay at? And what about splitting the time, has anyone done that? How far is Negril from Ocho's Rios. We were thinking spending 7nights 8 days down in negril and then maybe transfering to ochos rios 4 nights 5 days. Has anyone done this?
    As a veteran newbie (I just love oxymorons), I offer a hearty welcome to the nicest, most helpful message board in the world of travel. I can't answer questions that require actual experience of having stayed in either locale, but I can at least confirm that we have split our stay between OR and NG next Spring. We're at CTI for 7 nights, followed by CN for 4 additional nights. From what everyone who's done both sides has said, it's a considerable haul between the two areas. A most helpful person by the name of Wally suggested that we request a very early (6am-ish) transfer the day we go from CTI to CN, as it's more likely to be a non-stop ride with less traffic. Hopefully this will help a bit.

Whatever you decide to do, as long as it includes a stay with any Couples resort, you're already well ahead of the curve.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

You have made an excellent choice with Couples. I think it is like 4 hrs by road from Negril to Ochi. There is a landing strip next to Couples Negril and a company called TimAir will fly you to Ochi but I don't remember the cost. We did fly several times and it is a quick trip and a beatiful one.

We did a split between Couples Negril and CTI some years ago and loved them both. We have not stayed at CSS or Swept Away. Couples Negril has a great pool, beach, sunsets, and the beach is somewhat restricted to local vendors. The Negril area has a lot to offer such as Ricks Cafe, etc...

We are heading to CTI in January for trip seven. It offers a smaller, but ample, beach a private island, no vendor traffic, lots of activities.

You can't go wrong with any Couples resort and all of them have a loyal following, great food, great entertainment, a great staff, and all are addictive.

Your split idea sounds good and that would let you get the flavor for both areas and two of the resorts.

Congratulations and good luck.

Lots of folks split their time between Ocho and Negril, that way you get the best of both worlds!!! As far as which resort??? Do your research and see which one fits you and yours best!! Welcome to Couples
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by NYgirlinTX View Post

That sounds like a great plan- we've only ever done CN for 7 nights but changing it up will be sure to make our honeymoon a memorable one. Negril is about a 3 hours ride to Ocho's Rios. You'll love Couples resorts! We sure do.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Yes, it's easy to do. Ocho Rios and Negril are less than 3 hours apart-.
    It's a very good idea to do a split, because you not only experience 2 great resorts, but you will be able to see two sides of the Island, and to appreciate its differences.
    In short, Negril has the best beaches and is a laid-back town- while Ochi is lush and tropical and has a lot of places to see, historical sites and things to do and of course is a larger city.

To find the resorts that you want do lots of research, research, research. Look at pictures, read reviews, and ask any questions that will help make your decision. Make sure you have written down what you both are looking for in a honeymoon before you start your research. One or two of the resorts will start to occupy your mind and then it will pull you towards it every time you start your research. Those are the ones to go for.

A split stay would ROCK!!! Best of both worlds. Good luck.