Thread: Au Naturel

Default Au Naturel

Just got back from CTI yesterday and this was our third trip there. There are thousands of threads on this topic and I did not want to have to read them all so I am just starting a new one. This trip we had decided that we were going to do nothing but lay out, have some drinks, eat plenty, meet some new people and just relax. We also knew that we were going to lay out on the island the entire time we were there and that we were also going to take advantage of the day pass and lay out at CSS's Au Naturel beach as well.

With that being said, I wanted to share our experiences.

Our first time to the island, on our first time to CTI, we went on our very last day of our trip. Like most young first timers to the island, we were definitely nervous. We got off the boat, not sure what to do and walked to a spot over by the tower (remember when some of the spots had sand). Before my wife knew it, my shirt and trunks were off. I remember her saying, after seeing me already undressed, "I guess we are doing this," and got naked as well. That was the point that changed our sun bathing ways forever. After we left, we both mentioned how we regretted not bathing Au Naturel sooner in our trip.

Our second trip to CTI, we spent most of our time on the island. Besides the feeling of just being free and not having a sticky swim suit on while you are sun bathing, there were two incidents that I remember most. The first incident was when there was a guy filming his wife while she lay in the hammock (remember the hammock that used to be there where they now serve the food) and he started to pan with is camera. Ozzie, the bartender, jumped all over the guy (and I do not mean he asked him politely, he yelled at him). I remember him saying something like he was okay to film his lady but could not film anything else. The second incident involved a lady who was wearing her bottoms around the island. It was a different day and a different bartender, but he jumped on her as well and basically said while you are on the island it is no clothes on or you get off the island. I don't remember what she did, but I do remember the incident and me thinking "RESPECT!"

This last trip, things have changed a little bit. Nothing terrible but I would have hoped the bartender would have shown the same respect as the last time we were there. A young couple came to the island and went to their spot. He took his clothes off and she took her top off. They laid down to sun bathe but she never took her bottoms off. My wife mentioned it to me and thought she should say something to the young lady. Soon, the couple got up and went towards the bar, based off our last experience, I figured the bartender would handle it. She walked from one end of the island, past the bar, to the other end of the island, and then back to the bar to get something drink. After they got their drinks, they came back and laid out to sun bathe again. My wife and I just looked at each other with that "what the heck" expression. It was towards the end of the day and we were getting ready to leave and as we left, I mentioned something to the bartender about her having her bottoms on. He just replied with "okay." I don't know if he went and said anything or just went on about his business. My wife and I were talking about it later that night and both thought the young couple were just acting "cute" and when they went back home they could tell their story of how they went to the naked island.

Our day trip to CSS was uneventful and it was nice to lay out and experience a different resort. One thing that I thought was a little different was that when some of the people would go up to eat their lunch at the pool, they would wrap their towels around them. It was no big deal, just different to me because I was used to everyone at the island eating nude. The pool and the beach at CSS are awesome and we will definitely be doing another day trip the next time we vacation at CTI. The other major difference is on the island there is always a breeze keeping you "cool" whereas at CSS we sweat like we were in a sauna! I don't know if it's because of the way it's fenced off for privacy or how the beach is located but the heat was definitely on and you felt the need to stay in the pool to stay cool.

I am hoping our little incident is rare but I thought enough of it to post about it. For those of you who are considering going to either Au Naturel place at CTI or CSS, please remember that no one is there to judge you and you should not judge anyone else. Enjoy the experience of sun bathing freely. Relax, have fun, meet some new people, and get your tan on. More than likely, you will never ever see most of your new acquaintances ever again.

For the management at Couples who reads these posts, please remember that Au Naturel means nude; not clothing optional or topless. I would hope that you train your bartenders and security to react they way the bartenders acted on our second trip. "NO EXCEPTIONS!"

Thank you for reading my long winded post and I look forward to another trip to CTI/CSS in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by canddklos View Post
    "...This last trip (to CTI), things have changed a little bit. Nothing terrible but I would have hoped the bartender would have shown the same respect as the last time we were there. A young couple came to the island and went to their spot. He took his clothes off and she took her top off. They laid down to sun bathe but she never took her bottoms off. ...

Soon, the couple got up and went towards the bar, based off our last experience, I figured the bartender would handle it. She walked from one end of the island, past the bar, to the other end of the island, and then back to the bar to get something drink. After they got their drinks, they came back and laid out to sun bathe again. ... It was towards the end of the day and we were getting ready to leave and as we left, I mentioned something to the bartender about her having her bottoms on. He just replied with "okay." I don't know if he went and said anything or just went on about his business...."

I am hoping our little incident is rare..."

For the management at Couples who reads these posts, please remember that Au Naturel means nude; not clothing optional or topless. I would hope that you train your bartenders and security to react they way the bartenders acted on our second trip. "NO EXCEPTIONS!"
    Did other people raise the issue with the bartender? If they did and he appeared reluctant to deal with it, perhaps someone should have gone back to the mainland to complain there.

On our last visit, a young lady who way laying nude around the pool put her bottoms on, entered the pool and approached the bartender for a drink. He told her immediately, and quite calmly, that she should "lose the bottoms". She took them off immediately and threw them back towards her lounger.

Was she a 'newbie' and did not know the rules? Whether so, or not, she showed no resistance and never objected.

I understand a sign has been erected on the island now, and it states the rules quite clearly. Did you see it?

Chris, this is Chris. We met on the ride over on our day trip to CSS. Ya Mon!

I remember the incident you're speaking of at CTI. I too wondered why the exception. Not sure at what point this happened... maybe right after y'all left, but a Couples staff member did approach this couple in a discrete fashion, after which they complied and returned to their seats.

I also recall the same examples you mentioned at CAD. I believe, in addition to towel wrappings, there was another fabric wrapping worn. Not the norm, by far, but I noticed it anyway and it made me wonder. Funny, the clothing is more noticeable over there than the au Natural bodies, lol!

That said, and this may have been fairly obvious, but it was my wife and I's first time AN at both places. To spare a long story, it was a great experience for us both, and we both want to come back to -possibly all 4- Couples resorts, and partake in "everything" the resorts have to offer. We'd likely not spend all our time AN, but more hop around a bit - and the freedom to do that is one of many things I liked about Couples.

Lastly, thanks Chris - and other veterans of the island - for a welcoming atmosphere for first-timers that are on the front end of the short learning curve. I look forward to my wife becoming more and more at ease there, as she is truly the more outgoing and lively/talkative one between us, and I can see this experience becoming better and better over the years... and Chris, your reaching out was helpful toward that end.

Respect!

It has been our experience at CTI, you have to be vocal sometimes. Tell the bartender to enforce the rules. The Captain of the boat used to help with that also on other trips we have been on. We have had the bottoms on problem on most trips by one or more women. Usually you have a couple or two that don't think it is an issue. My view is, the more people that get away with it, the more common it will be. When we went out to the Island, my wife did so with the thought that everyone is naked with you. In the end, rules are rules for me.

Quote Originally Posted by canddklos View Post
    One thing that I thought was a little different was that when some of the people would go up to eat their lunch at the pool, they would wrap their towels around them. It was no big deal, just different to me because I was used to everyone at the island eating nude.
    Please tell me you didn't break nudist rule #1, 2 and 3 at the island and sit on something without a towel?!? We were just at SSB for a week and most days at lunch I'd wrap my towel around my waist while I sat at a table for lunch or at least draped it over the chair. I would say at least 95% of the people we encountered were very respectful of putting a towel down but there were a few people most likely new to the A/N scene that just sat bare-a$$ on a chair or bar stool.

Such a great experience to vacation A/N, anyone who hasn't tried it just doesn't know what they're missing!

1) I'm very pleased that the dumbass with his camera got yelled at by staff. Bravo! He deserved to be kicked right off the island. That was no ignorant mistake, it was obviously intentional. This camera behavior can ruin the AN experience for everyone.

2) Key it seems to me is that the staff enforces rules, not me. This keeps things fair and and authority where it belongs. Guests being enforcers can lead to ugly arguments. No thanks.

3) That said, the "AN citizens" have a responsibility to help the atmosphere by calling out violations to the staff, so staff can take action. I imagine that staff cannot see everywhere, and even when they see violations they'd rather let it go than make a fuss. But fuss is what's needed at times.

Just a thought on the wraps at lunch at SSB...nudist etiquette calls for sitting on towels, no bare butts on seats...at CTI, people generally bring their lunch back to their lounges while at SSB, many people eat their lunch at the tables around the bar...therefore the need for a towel or coverup...just a thought.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015, October, 2016, March 2017