Thread: Jamaican Mojito

Default Jamaican Mojito

Only ever been to Mexico for vacation - anything similar to a Mojito to drink in Jamaica?

There is mint available in some of the bars, some of the time, at SweptAway. And, of course, there is plenty of rum. If the mint's there, the Mojito will be the same, whether its made at home, in Mexico, or on Jamaica...

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Yes, Jamaica has lots of rum to make them. The only problem may be the mint leafs.
    Irie Mon

YES! The Lychee Mojito is to die for!!

no problem mon. they are available.

Randy

Default Mojito Jamaican Style

The first Mojito I ever had was off property...had heard of them before, but thought they would be made with bottled Creme de Minth and I avoid anything with that in it...reminds me too much of toothpaste - not something I enjoy in liquid form.

The bartuff (male "bartender') first took some Jamaican brown sugar, lime, and fresh mint leaves grown on the property, put all in a glass and a mortar was used to crush the three. Next came a healthy dose of Genesis White Rum (from the Appleton Rum Estate) - this mixture was shaken and poured over a snowy mound of finely crushed ice. Finally a splash of D & G (Jamaican) club soda...garnished with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime - nice.

Not being a fan of sweet drinks, I asked for my next ones to be made minus the sugar. LOVED these. The taste of the mint was stronger, the drink less like lemonade...very refreshing, and perfect with the Sunday night jazz by the pool.