Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Alcohol Question.......

My wife and I went to CN last year for our honeymoon and were kind of new to the all inclusive thing. We spent the week just drinking red stripe, pina colada, and rum and cokes. All went well. We are leaving tomorrow morning 11-1-09 for CTI and want to be more informed. As far as the alcoholic beverages go can we just ask for shots of Tequilla, or Jager or anything like that or does it have to be mixed drinks? I know its short notice just wanted to know if I can get some help.. Thanks All

You may ask for your drinks to be prepared any way you like.

Couples Resorts

Why drink shots? The bartenders make all kinds of yummy rum drinks. Sit at the bar, ask them what their favorite is. Try some new things.

And another important thing, try the special of the day, each bartender made a new different unique drink every day, we loved to try each new one.

K3Gixxer750

Like Randymon said
    You may ask for your drinks to be prepared any way you like.
    This is your Couples experience and the staff wants to do all that is within reason you make your experience the best.

All you need to do is ask.

We have asked for shots, asked for a tray to carry them on, to do with friends we met, some days we drank beer, some days we had Champagne on the beach, some days we dranks mixed drinks, and in the evenings drank the house wines with dinner, it is all inclusive, do not be shy to ask for whatever you like.

I will add to my previous post, beware of two things, the Bob Marley shots, and the never empty wine glass at dinners.

GO CRAZY!! LOL, Ask your bartender to surprise you, you will be amazed at all the new drinks that will become your favorite.
    Kristen

Enjoy what ever you like, just have to ask.

PS: Tequila in Jamaica is not that good. It is rum country.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    GO CRAZY!! LOL, Ask your bartender to surprise you, you will be amazed at all the new drinks that will become your favorite.
    ....That's kinda what I'm going for, try something new.

See the Bob Marley lyric in my signature... caveat emptor...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Why drink shots? The bartenders make all kinds of yummy rum drinks. Sit at the bar, ask them what their favorite is. Try some new things.

And another important thing, try the special of the day, each bartender made a new different unique drink every day, we loved to try each new one.
    I figuring that if we intend on hanging at the pool and piano bars, it's just a matter of when, not if, someone hands us a shot - whether we ordered it or not. File that under rites of passage.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Why drink shots? The bartenders make all kinds of yummy rum drinks . . . .
    Because a hummingbird is no substitute for a good single malt scotch.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Ron,
    I TOTALLY want a picture of your face after the Bob Marley inoculation!!!
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    Ron,
    I TOTALLY want a picture of your face after the Bob Marley inoculation!!!
    Kristen, you have no idea how much I'm dreading it. And what's the kicker? Since we're staying at both CTI and CN, I'm undoubtedly going to have to do this TWICE!!

Please someone....just kill me now.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I remember sitting at the pool bar at CN with a bunch of people and with the assistance of the bartender, we made up shots. It was a fun afternoon (and early evening).
    Ride and Smile!

Ron....maybe someone could record it for me...that way I'll have the sound too!! LMAO
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Because a hummingbird is no substitute for a good single malt scotch.
    +1

The "fun" drinks are okay, but they are generally too sweet and filling. Now, some Glenlivet or The Macallan on the rocks...all day long.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

R&R25,
    Here are a few snaps of a Bob Marley sequence. In this case at CN:
    1- Lindon preparing the event (a fair mount of work, I say)
    2- Some trepidation, but mostly bravado
    3- When it hits you feel no pain. Or maybe you do. If you look past girl #1 sucking it down, girl #2 is clearly already in OMG mode.
    4 - Damage done. But at least guy #2 already has water ready (thanks to someone I know).

I'm not sure what screams "Oh my" (or alternatively, whatever would be currently hip profanity) more here... the hands over the mouth stemming projectile from girls #1 and #2, or the completely vacant eyes in guy #1. Not claiming to never being there, but know what it is like now.

(slight) disclaimer - don't know these people other than taking the pics and one of the guys was piloting for one of the US military forces and I wish them all well.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Is there a list somewhere online of what brands of liquor are available?

Those pics are so funny!!!

just noticed pic #4 never made it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hey what kind of beer is on tap

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Mumba View Post
    hey what kind of beer is on tap
    .....Red Stripe, always. Actually pretty good, with NO aftertaste.

Default wine

Hi All,

I'm curious about what kind of wine is served. Is it "good" wine? Not that I'm too good for less expensive wine, I'm certainly not, but I get a headache from it. I wish I COULD drink it-would make things much easier. I really like wine with my meal, but if we are at a restaurant around here, and I have more than one glass, I will be sorry the next day because they charge the same amount for one glass that it costs them for the whole bottle. ($6/glass for $6 bottle of wine). I'm not sure how to ask this question....

TLB

Quote Originally Posted by TL B View Post
    Hi All,

I'm curious about what kind of wine is served. Is it "good" wine? Not that I'm too good for less expensive wine, I'm certainly not, but I get a headache from it. I wish I COULD drink it-would make things much easier. I really like wine with my meal, but if we are at a restaurant around here, and I have more than one glass, I will be sorry the next day because they charge the same amount for one glass that it costs them for the whole bottle. ($6/glass for $6 bottle of wine). I'm not sure how to ask this question....

TLB
    ....Pretty much typical "House Wines". Not bad, but not much more than "Box Wines". At dinner, it's pretty much a bottomless glass. Easy to realize that you're on your 7th glass!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast