Default Looking for the best fit for us !

We've never been to any of the resorts in Jamaica
    : definitely want a clothing optional beach, pool would be great also
    : Would like an up to date resort
    : Couples only would be great
    : Nice beach area
    Looking at Couples Negril
    Couples San Souci
    Couples tower Island
    any others we could entertain?

The AN beaches at Couples are not clothing optional.....they are nude only.
    Last edited by JEANNEW; September 13th, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS October 2018 SOON COME!

Does any one have pictures of beach area etc >

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy7733 View Post
    We've never been to any of the resorts in Jamaica
    : definitely want a clothing optional beach, pool would be great also
    : Would like an up to date resort
    : Couples only would be great
    : Nice beach area
    Looking at Couples Negril
    Couples San Souci
    Couples tower Island
    any others we could entertain?
    None of these three resorts have a "clothing optional" beach - in all the Au Natural areas you must be fully nude. Some resorts have topless areas for women but know that in the Au Natural areas, both of you must be nude, and you must go together.

All of the Couples resorts are Couples (and adults) Only - so no kids or singles.

The biggest differences are more personal as to what you're looking for:

San Souci - Large resort grounds, but not many people so more of a truly intimate, quiet, romantic vacation. This resort moves at a much slower pace than the others but also has the best Au Natrual facilities (SSB) with a bar, grill, large pool, hot tub, rather large beach with lots of shade. Au Natural area is available/open (mostly) 24/7.

Tower Island - Compact resort with Hotel layout, Has more of a South Beach feel with more nightlife and things to do as a group. I personally think Tower Island has the best food and the Au Natural island is an awesome experience but smaller than San Souci SSB. They have a small pool on the island with a swim up bar. Best part - you can climb the tower! There is a tiny beach on the island. Only problem is the island closes around 5:00.

Negril - Mid-size hotel, All about the beach here - beautiful sunsets, largest pool with swim up bar (not in the Au Natural area though!) - the Au Natural area is the smallest with a bar and hot tub (no pool) but has the best beach of all.

I would personally try out either San Souci or Tower Island as you can then "Trade places" for the day to the other resort to see if you like it.

But you really can't go wrong no matter your choice.

If you want clothing OPTIONAL, couples is not the best place for you. At CN and CSS, you have a nude beach and it is nudity required. All clothing must be off and partners must be on the beach together. At CTI, nudity is required on the island once you're off the boat.

PM me for some other options that are non-Couples and I'll gladly share.

That is pretty much the list. This is a Couples forum but even if it wasn't that would still be the best three options.

Everyone on here is going to have a differant opinion about which of the three is best. That all depends on your personal preference. I recommend you just go to all three reports and then you will know what your favorite one is. It will be such a burden to go to all three little bits of paradise.

Welcome beachboy7733, Couple's does not have a clothing optional area. The au natural areas are all nude, all the time. Sorry but it is the absolute best way for everyone to enjoy the experience.
    We all have our favorite resort and it would be unfair to recommend one over another for you. Picking a resort is a personal decision. Do a bit more research and the resort you find yourself looking into more than all the rest, is the one for you. You will be happy wherever you chose go. Check out the online videos as well.

Default Great summary

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    None of these three resorts have a "clothing optional" beach - in all the Au Natural areas you must be fully nude. Some resorts have topless areas for women but know that in the Au Natural areas, both of you must be nude, and you must go together.

All of the Couples resorts are Couples (and adults) Only - so no kids or singles.

San Souci - Large resort grounds, but not many people so more of a truly intimate, quiet, romantic vacation. This resort moves at a much slower pace than the others but also has the best Au Natrual facilities (SSB) with a bar, grill, large pool, hot tub, rather large beach with lots of shade. Au Natural area is available/open (mostly) 24/7.

Tower Island - Compact resort with Hotel layout, Has more of a South Beach feel with more nightlife and things to do as a group. I personally think Tower Island has the best food and the Au Natural island is an awesome experience but smaller than San Souci SSB. They have a small pool on the island with a swim up bar. Best part - you can climb the tower! There is a tiny beach on the island. Only problem is the island closes around 5:00.

Negril - Mid-size hotel, All about the beach here - beautiful sunsets, largest pool with swim up bar (not in the Au Natural area though!) - the Au Natural area is the smallest with a bar and hot tub (no pool) but has the best beach of all.

I would personally try out either San Souci or Tower Island as you can then "Trade places" for the day to the other resort to see if you like it.

But you really can't go wrong no matter your choice.
    This is a fantastic summary!

I guess I should have rephrased the question , mandatory nude beaches are just fine with us, and I like the fact that it's couples only! Sounds like the facilities at CSS, nude pool swim up bar, hot tub, and grill, you'd never have to leave that side! CTI sounds like island could be a small area? CN sounds like the best beach, but that might be about it? Usually I'm pretty good at finding info on the web, but kind of tough finding pics of these beaches etc. We were scheduled for St. Martin /St. Bart's in Nov. they both took quite a hit from Irma so they're out for this year. We really liked Club Orient, Thanks to all who responded so far!

beachboy7733 - Check out Youtube. Do a search for the Couples resort you wish to view. You will find plenty of "walk-abouts" of the resort. Some even incorporate SSB!
    CSA 2012, CSA 2013, CN 2014, CSA 2014, CSS 2014,
    CN 2015, CSA 2015, CSS 2015
    CSS 2016 (March-April), CSS 2016 (July)
    CSA 2017, CN 2017, CSS 2017
    BOOKED: CSS 2018 (March)

I guess I should have rephrased the question , mandatory nude beaches are just fine with us, and I like the fact that it's couples only! Sounds like the facilities at CSS, nude pool swim up bar, hot tub, and grill, you'd never have to leave that side! CTI sounds like island could be a small area? CN sounds like the best beach, but that might be about it? Usually I'm pretty good at finding info on the web, but kind of tough finding pics of these beaches etc. We were scheduled for St. Martin /St. Bart's in Nov. they both took quite a hit from Irma so they're out for this year. We really liked Club Orient, Thanks to all who responded so far!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post

Thanks for this review. We had a split between CTI and CSS. Based on what I've read about the two, I was leaning towards switching to the full week at CTI. Your reviews told us that CSS is exactly what we want, a "truly intimate, quiet, romantic vacation". We are not night-life people.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Thanks for this review. We had a split between CTI and CSS. Based on what I've read about the two, I was leaning towards switching to the full week at CTI. Your reviews told us that CSS is exactly what we want, a "truly intimate, quiet, romantic vacation". We are not night-life people.
    Perfect - you will enjoy CSS - there are many times you will find yourselves completely alone at CSS - not so easy to do at CTI - CSS is our personal favorite

In fairness - Tower Island is quite a lot of fun and I'm sure others have read this and decided CSS sounded too boring.

Really can't go wrong at any Couples resort - just depends on your personal needs/desires.
    Last edited by MichaelAndKristin; September 19th, 2017 at 03:09 PM.

We have been to CSS twice and stayed in Beezes Negril before it closed next to CN. CSS has the best AU facilities. The water off the beach is rocky, most people use the floats or water shoes. We were at Club O last November and love it. Going back to CSS Nov 2018 and hopefully Club O in 2019.

Default SSB at sunset

Does any one have pictures of beach area etc >
    Name:  CSS SSB.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  206.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyirishman13 View Post
    We have been to CSS twice and stayed in Beezes Negril before it closed next to CN. CSS has the best AU facilities. The water off the beach is rocky, most people use the floats or water shoes. We were at Club O last November and love it. Going back to CSS Nov 2018 and hopefully Club O in 2019.
    Is Club O still in existence after the hurricane?

Great pic Frostbitten!

if Au Natural is important to you then CSS is easily the best resort imo. it becomes clothing optional after 5pm but never closes like the island does. when we go we spend all day on SSB and then go back at night after dinner. always seems to be another couple or 2 there with us also. one night we ended up with about 7 couples there around 11 so they turned on the lights for us and started the music.