Thread: New to the game

Default New to the game

I can't even begin to tell everyone how excited I am for this trip. My wife and I will be married for 15 years in October. She doesn't know it yet, but I have completely booked and paid for a week trip to CSA in July 2018 to celebrate our 15 years. It took me over a year to "sneak" enough money to make this happen, but I'm hoping it will be well worth it. We live in Iowa and the furthest we have ever traveled for a trip is a four hour drive for a weekend getaway with our kids. This is so out of our realm of comfort and I can't wait to soak it all in. I am a planner by nature, so I have kept myself very busy creating a binder with every bit of information I can think of. This will hopefully make it easier to plan the trip without any hassle and it gives me something to give my wife as a gift this October. This seems a bit random, but I needed to tell someone! Thank you all for listening!

I can sense your excitement in your writing. You have made a great choice with Couples and CSA. If you don't have passports get that process going just as soon as you break the news to the wife.

Hellz yeah! You made a crazy excellent choice. Although, you are setting the bar extremely high right out of the gate, so be prepared to be let down anywhere else...haha. Well played.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013, 11/2015, 11/2016, 11/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Tim and Abby View Post
    I can't even begin to tell everyone how excited I am for this trip. My wife and I will be married for 15 years in October. She doesn't know it yet, but I have completely booked and paid for a week trip to CSA in July 2018 to celebrate our 15 years. It took me over a year to "sneak" enough money to make this happen, but I'm hoping it will be well worth it. We live in Iowa and the furthest we have ever traveled for a trip is a four hour drive for a weekend getaway with our kids. This is so out of our realm of comfort and I can't wait to soak it all in. I am a planner by nature, so I have kept myself very busy creating a binder with every bit of information I can think of. This will hopefully make it easier to plan the trip without any hassle and it gives me something to give my wife as a gift this October. This seems a bit random, but I needed to tell someone! Thank you all for listening!
    Excellent! It will define your vacations from now on. I took my wife there for her 40th, we return oin January 2018 for my 45th!
    Heaven......? Let's hope it is based on CSA!
    Enjoy and good for you on your 15th!

Congrats! You wont be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim and Abby View Post
    From another Iowan, you'll love it. I have my third trip coming up in a few weeks to CN for the first time (CTI previous times). Make sure you take advantage of all opportunities, and be sure to do a discovery dive (it's free). We haven't been to CSA yet, but I am sure you will have a great time.

Wow what a lucky lady! I'm sure you'll have an awesome trip ��

Well you certainly selected the right resort. My bias is showing as we'll be taking our 16th trip to CSA also in July 2018. For a planner, you'll find pretty much anything you need to know about the resort somewhere on this message board. You are both going to have a wonderful time!

Lots of Iowans in this thread.....that's good to see! We are from Iowa too and will be making our 4th trip to Couples this November...only 56 days!! You will absolutely love it and have made a great choice! I agree with Micanopy...lots of planning/travel advice can be found on the message board. Lots of good resources here...both the info and the people.
    Dave & Rachel
    CTI: October 2009, March 2013, November 2015

Thank you to everyone. It's kind of a double edged sword. I wanted to wow her right out of the gate so she would be interested in more vacations in the future. But I think your right about setting the bar awfully high. It is beyond difficult to not tell her now. Our neighbors just got back from a week in Mexico and she keeps bringing that up. I just need to hold out for 35 more days!

I forgot to say congrats from your neighbor to the north (Minnesota) have a great trip ��

Iowa is well represented at Couples. 15th trip coming soon. Hope you like the beach

Life is good

We went on our first Jamaican trip to CTI in May, and I will tell you that you will save every penny to go back. I wasn't so sure about my husband wanting to go back, he doesn't really like the beach too much, but guess what??!! We are already dreaming of our next trip and when to go. He actually said he wished we could afford to go a couple times a year. It will be amazing and you both will love it!! Have fun!

I did the same for our 30th anniversary. My buddy who has been going forever talked me into it. No regrets, on our 13th Trip in Dec. I had the chief romance Officer call her at work and Spring the news to her, She was really surprised. At first she thought it was a hoax. Hope you have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    congrats from your neighbor to the north (Minnesota) have a great trip ��
    I once heard someone refer to Iowa as "Baja Minnesota". I thought it was hilarious!

I completely understand you doubling the pleasure with the planning, but I wanted to assure you that it's really easy when you get there. Everything is lined up so that having a great time is like falling off a log. You need have no anxiety at all about missing a bit of planning - it will be the holiday of your dreams.