Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Halloween at CSA

Coming home for 9 days - October 23 thru November 1. No costumes needed, just overproof and Ting. Jerk tour for sure, come join us!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We'll be there too! Drinks on the newly weds! Oct. 26-Nov. 2

Default Hoosiers arrive 10/31 thru 11/5

First-timers to CSA, third trip to Negril. Only 123 days to go. wooHoo... we can't wait. Will be celebrating my 50th BD, our 13th wedding anniversary and hubby's 47th BD. See you there!

Hi everybody, almost into double digits now! We are Rich and Antonia. We will be at Swept Away Oct 26-Nov 3. NCSaltyWolf, we get in the same day as you, perhaps we will see you on the bus? Unless you charter a plane. Fawnridge, is the jerk tour along the beach, or is this something you do by taxi? ChasingSparkles, we are also celebrating our anniversary, Nov 2.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

Hi to fawnridge. You replied to my message in regards to the weather in Oct. thank you. Maybe we will see you there. It is a second trip for us to CSA. We were there in July last time and it was hot but the water made all the difference. We will be looking for you. jeanne

Rich and Antonia - The Jerk Tour is me, leading whoever wishes to follow, up Manly Boulevard to Ossies and Best in the West then up the beach to Bourbon Beach. We eat and drink along the way. It has nothing to do with Couples, just a bunch of "Jamericans" searching for that perfect taste.

Karen and I cook competitively in the Jamaican Jerk Festival in Ft. Lauderdale, FL as The Boca Boys. I've been cooking jerk for almost 30 years and relish the opportunity to eat it where it originated. Come and join us, but bring your own Pepcid!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

Ricky and Karen, first let me say I've been to your webpage and you have the most amazing garden...and I plan on trying your rub and "secret sauce" next time I cook for the fellas at work. Haha. I realized you would be giving the tour, I just wasn't sure if the tour was along the beach on foot, or if we would need to reach these places by auto. I love jerk and the spicier the better, Rich, not so much, but I'm sure he'd be in on the drinking part. Ricky, I don't wake up in the morning without taking a pepcid.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

Since name tags don't stick to my hairy chest (and I refuse to wear them at parties anyhow) we need photos so we can find each other. I'm fairly easy to spot if you look for the Red Stripe hat and a Florida Bar B Que Association t-shirt (when I'm wearing one.)

Post 'em if ya got 'em...
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

Here we are

Name:  Jamaica 004.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  69.5 KB

Default Jerkin'

We are planning a trip to Best in the West during our stay. It's our favorite. We'll look for you and try to hook up! Here's our pic. (Taken in '07 at 3 Dives). We'll be at CSA 10/31 - 11/5
    -Renee and Jamie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Don't miss Ossies! It's 200 yards closer to CSA on the same side of the street as Best in the West.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

We like Ossie's pork jerk. And BITW for chicken and lobster jerk. Niya's (sp?) for patties.

Well, we're getting close. I'm thinking either Tuesday or Wednesday - 10/27 or 10/28 for the Jerk Tour. How's that sound to you?
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

Hey Ricky, we get in on the 26th so the 28th sounds good to us. We can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirlsheetboy View Post
    Hi everybody, almost into double digits now! We are Rich and Antonia. We will be at Swept Away Oct 26-Nov 3. NCSaltyWolf, we get in the same day as you, perhaps we will see you on the bus? Unless you charter a plane. Fawnridge, is the jerk tour along the beach, or is this something you do by taxi? ChasingSparkles, we are also celebrating our anniversary, Nov 2.
    ^ We are flying in from CLT and taking the bus - look for the happy newly weds!

Hunter

Okay then, October 28th it is. For all who wish to join us on the Jerk Tour, we'll leave CSA at around 11:30 and hike up the beach to Bourbon Beach - around 2 miles. Meet at the south end of the beach (furthest from Beaches.) From there, we head back toward the resort and cut through to Best In The West and then down Manley Boulvard to Ozzies, which is less than 50 yards from CSA.

Bring a small Mason jar - 3 or 4 ounce - and you can have the cooks fill it with sauce. Bourbon Beach is the hottest, Ozzies has the best flavor in my opinion. Bring more than one. I'm not going to kid you that I'm immune to the heat. No way, mon. I'll take a Pepcid before I leave the room.

I take $40 in small bills - $5 and $1 - that should be enough.

This is NOT a Couples activity, just to be clear, and I'm not a professional tour guide (although, having done this six times already, I kinda feel like one) and I don't get paid, just a bit gassy as the day goes on. I look exactly the picture below and I'll be wearing the same hat. Hope you all will join us for a fun and flavorful afternoon. Irie, mon!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

Sounds good to us Ricky, I may even remove a pair of shoes from my luggage for the mason jar, haha not,and I will be sure to pepcid up. Looking forward to a fun day, and I will remember to stand upwind of you.

Hunter, what time does your plane land in MBJ?

~Tonia

^Tonia

I believe we are arriving at MBJ from Charlotte @ 1:30.

tonia - A 3 or 4 ounce Mason jar is very small. The sauce from Bourbon Beach is definitely worth bringing home; especially if you want to have some fun with your friends. The sauce from Ozzies is spectacular, as well, not as hot, but great flavor and a super burn in the back of the throat. The Bourbon Beach sauce is like sucking on a lit tiki torch. 3 ounces lasts us six months.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

Sounds like fun we will be there October 26- November 2nd We will look for you. We love our jerk anything and patties. Hope we can join you!!!

janelle - the only thing different is that I'll probably be wearing a t-shirt, so don't look for the hairy chest!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

Ricky, I was messing with you, that sucker is already packed in my carry-on along with half a dozen pairs of shoes. I don't know how I manage to get so much into such a small piece of luggage. Looked at my countdown clock today and only 12 days for us! You must be in single digits now. I can stand a pretty good amount of heat, Rich, on the other hand, is not as big a fan of the heat, so we will have to find him some tame jerk.

Hunter, looks like we wont see you on the bus, we arrive at 10 am.

17 days... 18 hours... 6 minutes until wheels up at Chicago Midway.
    man-o-man (or is it mon-o-mon!!)

tonia - Every jerk shack serves the meat without any sauce at all. Most of the rubs have mild heat; it's the sauce that takes it over the edge. Rich will have plenty to eat!

I'm jerking a whole turkey breast for this Sunday night. Too bad you guys won't be here to try it!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast