Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ground floor or top floor?

First time to CSA. I have read where some prefer the ground floor rooms and some prefer the upper floors. We have an Ocean View Ver. suite booked. If I am able to request a room, I am torn on which would be best. Some like the ability to step right off into the beach and others like the view. My husband and I are getting away from a housefull of teenagers and dogs. We are looking forward to doing nothing but relaxing with each other. I would be very interested to hear which room previous guests preferred?

Sometimes the second floors have the better veiw because the third floor lines up with the tops of the palm trees.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We have been to CSA twice and have not stayed on the ground floor as we felt we wouldn't have any privacy on our balcony. We had a second floor room our first time and a third floor room the next. We are headed back in Feb and we have decided we would prefer a second floor room as some nights that extra set of stairs is a bit of a chore! Also we found that we heard more road noise on the third floor, may have been because there isn't as much foliage to muffle the noise. We stay in Gardenview Verandah suites which are closer to the road so we want to muffle it a bit. You will love any room you choose. You will love CSA. It certainly has become "home" for us and we can't wait to return in 101 days!

If you want privacy on your veranda tke the upper floors. Mary and i stayed on the second floor bfvs and had a good view plus privacy

WE like to sleep with the doors open and listen to the ocean sounds. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that on the ground floor.

There are no "Ocean View Verandahs", just "Ocean Verandahs", so since you may not have a view, that may sway your decision.

Like you said, it's a preference..and everyone has theirs ..which one appeals to you???

We liked the upper floor. Better view...less foot traffic...and added bonus of walking up a few stairs ;-)

Default Upper floor

My personal preference is to be on an upper floor. We were ground floor on our last trip and I truthfully hated it. I suppose you could walk off your verandah to the beach, but your room would be left unlocked and at least with our room the door would be ajar because it did not stay closed if not locked. You also have foot traffic walking the path in front of your room. Which meant that when we were in the room( which was only when we were getting ready or sleeping) we felt as though anyone walking by could look right into our room. So, the curtains were closed when we were in the room which took away our fantastic view. I can tell you that not one person in our group of 10 couples wants to be on the first floor. We were the only couple last year to request an upper floor and one of only 2 to be put on the first floor. Both of us couples on the first floor are hoping to not be there this year.
    Now, if you ask me how big of an impact it had on my trip, not much. We spent very little time in the room and the rest of the experience far outweighed the 'problem' of being on the first floor. Any floor at CSA is better than being in Omaha, NE in November.

We've stayed in the garden view verandahs and like the top floor best, as it gives a lovely view of the ocean. You will have to walk up a few sets of stairs however - this might be a problem if you've tarried a bit too long at the martini bar......

We asked for a ground floor room mostly because I have bad knees and too many stairs about kill me. I also liked being able to step out my back door onto the beach. But I could see the advantage to being on a higher floor - you'd have better views and it might be a little more quiet, depending on where you are.

We prefer 2nd floor....... like balconies versus patio. Just a personal preference.

We had a top floor room and enjoyed it for the view; while in the room we had a backdrop of only water and palm trees (nothing to interfere with natural beauty. We also enjoyed the privacy; we often ate breakfast on the balcony,and took naps or read on the balcony during rain spurts. Even though we had to walk 3 flights of stairs, the beach was still easy access.

You would have more privacy and thus, more relaxation if you were on the third floor. We had room 3316, a third floor corner unit, and we loved it! My husband took naps almost daily out on the verandah and I'm not sure he could have done that on the first floor. Plus, you would have to leave your room unlocked if you used your verandah door to go in and out on the first floor and I'm not comfortable doing that. I think you would enjoy the third floor rooms just because I think it would be more mellow up on the the third floor. We loved our room and are asking for the same when we return. Good luck deciding.

Although, I haven't been to CSA, I would go with the view AND the privacy. That way you can hang out on your balcony without folks strolling by right in front of you.
    Kristen

Pjjep, congrats on choosing to stay at CSA. We were at CTI 6 years ago and liked CSA much better this past December. We stayed in an Ocean Veranda suite (OVS) on the second floor furthest away from the Greathouse (Room 3210). Our friends also had an OVS but in the building right next to the Greathouse. You'll have to get real lucky getting a view of the beach/ocean if you have a second floor room. The foliage seems to be the densest right at that height. I'll attach a picture of our veranda for you to check it out. If you want privacy and a "possible" beach view go for the third floor rooms. Enjoy your time in paradise and down a Hummingbird or two for me...MMMMM. Also spend a few nights in the Aura Lounge with Ultimate Chocolate and you'll be in an Irie Mon mood. Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kttchwaugh View Post
    My personal preference is to be on an upper floor. We were ground floor on our last trip and I truthfully hated it. I suppose you could walk off your verandah to the beach, but your room would be left unlocked and at least with our room the door would be ajar because it did not stay closed if not locked. You also have foot traffic walking the path in front of your room. Which meant that when we were in the room( which was only when we were getting ready or sleeping) we felt as though anyone walking by could look right into our room. So, the curtains were closed when we were in the room which took away our fantastic view. I can tell you that not one person in our group of 10 couples wants to be on the first floor. We were the only couple last year to request an upper floor and one of only 2 to be put on the first floor. Both of us couples on the first floor are hoping to not be there this year.
    Now, if you ask me how big of an impact it had on my trip, not much. We spent very little time in the room and the rest of the experience far outweighed the 'problem' of being on the first floor. Any floor at CSA is better than being in Omaha, NE in November.
    Aha! Another Omaha couple! Where abouts? We are in Millard...we'll be at CSA in December. Can't wait!

I think it all depends on what you plan to do while on your verandah.

My wife and I were at CSA in June this year ('09) and we stayed in 4218, so 2nd floor. I was torn between wanting a 3rd floor room, and a 1st floor room, because both offer their own unique benefits (and drawbacks, as have been mentioned).

Keep in mind as well, that although you can ask, and they'll do what they can to accomodate your request, most of the time it's luck of the draw as to what room and floor you are on.

Anyways, this is what we were treated with from our balcony, all taken from 2nd floor:

Views of the beach:

What you see looking straight out:

What makes it all worth while:

We always ask for 3rd-More private and great view. We have usually always gotten it.
    However, I can't say we are always so thrilled with our choice after a long night out or a long day in the sun. lol

We had a 1st floor at a resort and one morning I woke up, went out on the porch to have some coffee and had some company join me as they walked by. It was kind of unnerving, but they were nice enough people.

I would do second floor for that reason.

Are all first floor beachfront veranda suits like that?

Pretty much...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Just to add another opinion....we stayed in an Ocean Verandah on the first floor and loved it! I liked being able to walk right out from my patio and in just a few steps was on the beach. Typically, when we stay at CTI, we like to get a balcony on a higher floor for the beach/ocean views. However, at CSA, we loved being so close to the beach on the first floor. The only caveat, is that in the morning, if you like to have coffee on your porch, make sure you have your robe on - the staff delivering breakfast to the other rooms will be walking by.

Here are some pics of our Ocean Verandah. One is of our porch, the other is the zoomed in view from our porch. I'd be happy to share more if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com).
    Last edited by Amy; February 24th, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Obviously, we won't know what we'll get until we arrive, but when making our reservations, for CTI we requested for our Premier Ocean Room the highest floor in the Main Bldg, being there's an elevator for this location, so no stairs plus a great view.

At CN we've booked a Garden View Room, so being we won't have a direct view of the water, we requested a ground floor locale. Those patios look nice and perhaps a bit roomier than the balconies on the other floors. And again, no stairs to contend with. Not that we don't want to get any excercise - to the contrary, we plan on staying quite active at both resorts - I just don't want to trudge up and down stairs on those occasions when I'm in an extra 'happy' state of mind.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We're returning to CSA for the 6th time...and always ask for upstair atrium unit. We like the vaulted ceilings and the view. The downstairs units are identical...but with regular ceilings. Just not the same.

Default CSA Floor Preference

Quote Originally Posted by Pjjep View Post
    First time to CSA. I have read where some prefer the ground floor rooms and some prefer the upper floors. We have an Ocean View Ver. suite booked. If I am able to request a room, I am torn on which would be best. Some like the ability to step right off into the beach and others like the view. My husband and I are getting away from a housefull of teenagers and dogs. We are looking forward to doing nothing but relaxing with each other. I would be very interested to hear which room previous guests preferred?
    My Husband and I have been to CSA 4 times. We were just there two years ago. Returning in 2010 to CSS this time. We love the older section of CSA. The rooms our very romantic and make you feel like you are in the islands. The balcony in the older section is huge and very private. We always preferred the second floor. More privacy. There are only two floors in the old section. There are no TV's in this section but truly romantic. If you would be more into the new section, I would still opt. for the second or third floor. There isn't much privacy on the first floor. People always walking by. What ever you choose, you will love CSA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast