Hybrid View

Default CSS - Private dinner worth the extra?

Have seen several mention about the private candlelit dinner here and while I understand the romantic side of a dinner for two, I was wondering why others feel it's worth the splurge since it seems at first glance as if it's similar to what we could do in our room by ordering room service and sitting on our porch.

If we do this, do we choose from a menu or do they have just certain things that are part of the dinner (my husband isn't much into seafood, so it wouldn't be a hit if the food was primarily seafood).

It is very Romantic and I think it is worth the money. You do have choices on what is served.
    Irie Mon

It is absolutely worth the money! You get to have a private, candlelight dinner in the location of your choice (we chose the wedding gazebo). The food is fabulous and you have a good variety to choose from. It is nothing like what you'd have ordering room service and sitting on your balcony (though that is not a bad thing to experience also). You have a personal waiter that really works to make the dining experience something unique and romantic. It's a great way to celebrate a special occasion!!

Bart & Bug

I would be happy to show you my pics of our private beach dinner (amy.welch@hotmail.com). I surprised my husband with this at CTI a few trips back in 2006 and he loved it!! And the staff was totally in on it too. I was going to have the dinner set up on the pier, but since it was so windy that night, they moved it to the beach.

At the table, we each had a menu that was rolled up and tied with string. When we opened it, it had our names at the top, with the date and had hearts all over it. The perfect souvenir for framing. Here's what our meal was:

Appetizer: scallop ceviche served with papaya vinaigrette
    Soup: Jamaican pumpkin soup enchanted with aged rum
    Salad: exotic lettuce accompanied with herbed goat cheese and lychees honeyed vinaigrette
    Entree: petit filet mignon accompanied with sambucca flavored tiger prawns dijonaise and cognac sauces
    Dessert: east meets west chocolate desire

Typically, the menu is filet and lobster, but we were there in April when lobster is out of season (it's out of season April-June). Also, in the days prior, I had previewed the menu just to confirm that we were okay with it and had no food allergies or anything. We also had our own server, who got us anything we wanted from the bar and made sure our wine glasses were never empty.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Hey Amy....where have you been?? Seems your posts are few and far between lately? Hope all is well.........now back to the main topic of this post
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    Hey Amy....where have you been?? Seems your posts are few and far between lately? Hope all is well.........now back to the main topic of this post
    Hey Kristen! I've been busy around here so my computer time has been limited but things are slowing down now. But while I was "gone" I booked a CSA/CTI split for 2011 - woohoo!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

How awesome for you!!! Looks like you made GREAT use of that "limited" time then. Glad to hear all is well.
    Kristen