Default Weather and Ocean condition??

Hello Couples folks!
    My hubby and I are returning to CN in less than a week, and can't seem to concentrate on anything else but returning to "paradise"!

One thing I remember from last year was that the Beach was pretty rough and a few of the days we were there, the "dreaded reg flag" was out...

Can anyone who has been there really recently share what the conditions have been like lately??? Also are the jellyfish bad this year? We saw a few last year...

Irie!

I also would like to know. We were at csa the same time last year, we leave in 7 days and are worried. Almost every day we were there last time, the ocean was so choppy and windy, all water sports were cancelled, jellyfish were everywhere, there was definitley no floating in the ocean happening. Anyone there now with a weather update?

Default weather

Just back from Couples Negril, rained almost daily 2:00pm - 3:30pm however intermittent. every morning clear, calm and after rain also calm.

Heard some people say they where stung by jellyfish however I was in the ocean allot and never saw someone our myself get stung. Many people in the water with and without a bathing suit

Default Weather

I am returning to Jamaica in 12 days and have been watching the weather incessantly and of course am worried as all heck about rainy days and choppy water, but I keep thinking about the last time I was in Jamaica....The Weather Channel showed rain for every single day we were there, I mean lots of it. I was worried. Very worried. When we stepped out of the airport on arrival, it as raining. Oh boy. BUT, the rain NEVER got in the way of our vacation. It rained during the night almost every night, it rained during dinner, but never during beach time.

We spend a lot of time and money for the perfect getaway but we can never have 100% control. So, I am not looking at the weather any more. Don't Jamaicans say something like "Don't worry, mon?"

Yeah no worries Mon. Just was wondering about the Jellyfish, got stung last year by a really little guy...OUCH!

It rained in MB and other locations of the island when we were there last year mid November, never in Negril though. It was super windy and the water was choppy. Reason I Ask is because my hubby gets motion sick easily and the water was so choppy last year, he said he wouldn't go on the cat cruise or snorkel boat with me if it was that choppy again this year Boo!

Default Motion Sickness?

"Reason I Ask is because my hubby gets motion sick easily and the water was so choppy last year, he said he wouldn't go on the cat cruise or snorkel boat with me if it was that choppy again this year."

I too get motion sickness easily. I have mentioned this remedy on another thread but it pays to repeat. Someone I met once, on the ferry going to Cozumel, suggested GINGER as a remedy(relate it to ginger ale for a stomach ache) to me while I was turning "green". I purchased Ginger Root at the local GNC store and have not had any problems since. The show on TV called MYTH BUSTERS featured this remedy on one of their shows & supports this natural herb. I use it when traveling in the car, on boats, on swings, etc. It really works!

Give it a try - I used to stay "behind" on certain activities because of my motion sickness, but no more!

Hi - just got back Tuesday night (the 3rd). Great time at CN. Weather was great - just a little rain each day with hot sun the rest of the time. Water was flat with very little waves. Even the cruise was flat water.

Quote Originally Posted by madtown dmb View Post
    Hello Couples folks!
    My hubby and I are returning to CN in less than a week, and can't seem to concentrate on anything else but returning to "paradise"!

One thing I remember from last year was that the Beach was pretty rough and a few of the days we were there, the "dreaded reg flag" was out...

Can anyone who has been there really recently share what the conditions have been like lately??? Also are the jellyfish bad this year? We saw a few last year...

Irie!

.....Weather wise, I have the Linc below "Book Marked" in my "Favorites". I like that the temps seems to be pretty consistent; 89,89,89,89,89!! I think a good idea for the Couples (Nagril)site would be a "Weather Right Now" or a "5 Day Forecast" at their site.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/78387.html