Default Hair product to hold wedding hairstyle

I am looking for any information I can get about hair products that work well in the heat and humidity. We're getting married at CSS on November 18, 2009, and I am planning to wear my hair down, but curling it to make it wavy and tousled looking(I have super straight, thick hair with no natural wave!). I can get the look I want but I don't know how to keep it long enough for the ceremony and pictures. Does anyone have any recommendations for what they used? I appreciate any information!

Great question. I would like to know as well. I'm getting married in May and I think it's even hotter more humid that November.

mstravelbug,

I ended up using the salon and Tessa, the hairdresser who did my hair, guaranteed it would stay for the wedding, and it did! It actually stayed all day for me! Whatever they use works! But I also sprayed on Paul Mitchell Firm Finishing Spray that was recommended by my cousin. I don't know if one worked better than the other but my hair stayed the way I wanted it, and I wore it mostly down. Good luck with your wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg&Tonya View Post
    mstravelbug,

I ended up using the salon and Tessa, the hairdresser who did my hair, guaranteed it would stay for the wedding, and it did! It actually stayed all day for me! Whatever they use works! But I also sprayed on Paul Mitchell Firm Finishing Spray that was recommended by my cousin. I don't know if one worked better than the other but my hair stayed the way I wanted it, and I wore it mostly down. Good luck with your wedding!

I also used the salon for my very recent vow renewal (Dec 7th) and my hair also stayed in place for the ceremony and just about all day! I have very wavy hair that is totally unruly in Jamaica but it didn't get out of control at all until later in the day when I started running my fingers through it. Good luck.

I have very fine straight hair. The spray used in the salon had my hair curled that lasted until I showered it out.

My hair is very very thick and very very long and very straight, I need product and live in FL , it is probally way more then whats needed but for my wedding I will take no chances I will be bringing: Shine on, mega hold gel, mega hold hair spray,frizz ez,aussie sprunch,mousse I will re apply hairspray and aussie as needed for pic's ...These are the products I used when I do my hair like this for gala's. I also wash my hair the day before. so I know it sounds like alot of product but I will be having my hair in curls and down ... I had my hair done at the salon at couples tower isle before (braided 2 french braids into a braided bun) they seem to have everything you need but being that my hair is so long,straight, and thick I will bring my own product , trust them fully to style..you'd be surprise how many people can't get my hair to stay curled my best friend has always done my hair and those are the products we use.

The resort hair stylist will make it happen. They use something close to concrete to keep your hair from moving an inch and it works like a charm. I went swimming at night and my hair still didn't move. They work wonders at the spa and are sooo quick at getting your hair done too (took less than 15 minutes to do an amazing updo).

Also to deal with frizz and crazy humidity hair I use the KMS sea salt spray for beach hair. It was fabulous and kept my hair light and not sticky. It also didn't go greasy of anything like that. Worked really well.

Whatever the resort spa uses will hold like glue our wedding was at 10 and my hair was still up and my tiara was still in up until bedtime. I thought why can't I wear my hair up and my tiara in all day.....it was my wedding day.... We changed clothes after trashing the dress and I put on a tank top I had bought that say's I love my Husband..... We enjoyed the rest of our day just walking the resort and enjoying each other. We said our beach dinner for our last night at the resort because we got married on Thurs. and didn't want to miss the beach party night..... the whole weeks was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!