Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Inexpensive casual wedding dress?

My husband and I are going to renew our vows at CN the end of Dec. I'm looking for a casual wedding dress on the cheap (around $100). It doesn't even have to be a "wedding" dress, just something casual and beachy looking. Any ideas people??

Check out Nordstsrom.com - They are having some really great sales on they type of dress you are looking for. My hubby and I are renewing our vows in March and I just purchased my dress from there.

I'm in the same boat as you. We're renewing our vows on 12/7 and I'm now starting to look for something. I can't decide if I want to go the formal route or just something casual that I can wear again. Do a search online for beach wedding or destination wedding. There's a ton of sites out there. Good luck on your hunt. Tammy

We are renewing our vows on Nov 3. I still have to find a dress!!! lol
    I did see some pretty inexpensive ones on Davids Bridal that might work. I really am not a fan of the store but I waited til the last minute and he price is right.
    I was also told Macy's.
    I will be interested to see everyones ideas as well.
    I am going this Sunday to look.

I actually ordered what I think was designed as a bridesmaid's dress for my wedding. It was from Bebe. I got it "gently worn" off eBay for about $40 (and I think the alterations were about $40, as well, ironically). Also rather ironically, it came with a matching handbag, which of course is unnecessary at Couples.

I believe my pics are still up at mestralle.shutterfly.com, but if they're not, let me know, and I can email you if you're interested.

What I would suggest (or at least what I did) was go on eBay and filtered for size and then started inputting some of the designers/shops that I knew I generally liked.

www.allyouneedtowear.com
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

David's Bridal had some more casual $50 and $100 ones on their site. Don't know what they'd have in store though, because you probably want to try it on
    Ben and Jenny
    CSA & CN- November 3-11, 2009

I went to Davids bridal for my daughter's wedding dress, noticed the $99 special, didn't see anything in the store I liked, went online, ordered one, LOVE IT......now we have decided to wait two more years to renew our vows.....but guess what? I already have the dress! LOL It really turned out beautiful and it was originally $500 so there are some great deals to be had if you are patient....good luck!

Bridal shops have great deals and selections on off the rack dresses. I think it's all about the color and style (and doesn't need to cost alot of $). Color(s) that will showcase nicely in the tropics as well as in the pics. Simple, yet elegant. Loehmans, JC Pennys Bridal (believe it or not), and flipping thru a few bridal magazines for some ideas.....

Pamela is right All you need to wear, they have some great stuff. Another idea is sarongs, they are great for a very informal wedding as well.

Another vote for All You Need to Wear. Love their sarongs!

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

We were just married at CSA on Sept. 22. I have three wedding dresses. The first, I bought at David's Bridal during the $99 sale last year. Then my wonderful husband decided we should go to CSA to get married so I wouldn't be so stressed. So I went on craigslist.com and found another lady who also bought 3 dresses to renew their vows. So I bought 2 from her because they were beach dresses. You can check them out, they are really cheap, or contact me at vikki962@aol.com. Congratulations!

I have found tons of stuff from newport news that is classy and not to expensive. I think that a casual dress that can be re-worn is the way to go why buy another dress that you can ever wear again. good luck

Email me.
    weimanb@rogers.com

I purchased one online for very very reasonable, it was custom made to my size and was stunning!

This is the dress that I wore last week for our 10-year vow renewal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi! We did our vow renewal this past Saturday and I got my dress from Victoria Sectrets. It worked out great. Congrats and good luck! I'll try to post a link later of the pics.
    Jim ~n~ Kelly

Default My dress

We were married on 2/27/09 @CSA, the 2nd time for both of us.
    I got the perfect dress @davidsbridel.com. Here is a link to some pics. Joy
    http://www.xoopit.com/s/20xvoiqjl2oc6ygj8yek

Ok, got them uploaded. Here are the pics from our vow renewal last Saturday.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/JimnKell...eat=directlink
    Jim ~n~ Kelly

We are doing a renewal in early December. I just ordered a dress from Amazon. I didn't want a wedding dress, just a white dress, ended up there by accident. It should be here soon!

JimnKelly... nice pictures. Did you hire someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    We are doing a renewal in early December. I just ordered a dress from Amazon. I didn't want a wedding dress, just a white dress, ended up there by accident. It should be here soon!

JimnKelly... nice pictures. Did you hire someone?
    We're also doing a vow renewal in December (the 7th @ 11, if anyone's interested in attending one) and I'm having problems deciding on what I want to wear and where to get it. I'll check out amazon. Thanks for the tip.

Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by JimnKelly View Post
    Ok, got them uploaded. Here are the pics from our vow renewal last Saturday.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/JimnKell...eat=directlink
    Great pictures! What time of the day was your ceremony and did you use the resort photographer?

Thank you!

We used the resort photographer and she was great. We had a 10:00am ceremony. Weather was perfect. Even my husband relaxed and half smiled for photos (which he usually doesn't). Couldn't have asked for a better day.
    Jim ~n~ Kelly

Check out Bluefly. My sister found a beautiful, casual gown for about $50.

I had a dress from J Crew. Turned out it matched perfectly with the flowers. Trying to figure out how to post a pic

That's easy...David's Bridal! Browse online and decide for yourself!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast