Default Dont forget your pen!

I just made my thing to take list and thought I'd give a heads up about having a pen on the airplane.You need to fill out all those immigration forms on the plane.The time is limited(end of flight)and if you dont get it filled out you have to do it at the airport.29 Days tis the season to be jolly

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I just made my thing to take list and thought I'd give a heads up about having a pen on the airplane.You need to fill out all those immigration forms on the plane.The time is limited(end of flight)and if you dont get it filled out you have to do it at the airport.29 Days tis the season to be jolly
    .....Good suggestion

Default Black Pen

Do not use any other color pen for the emigration forms than black. Last year we made the mistake of not following directions and used the only pen my wife had with her, purple. After waiting in that long line and getting to the front to then be told to go do it all over again. Frustrating. Remember - BLACK Pen. Follow directions.

I always put a few extra pens in my travel bag so I can help other people out on the plane who forgot to bring one or didn't know that they need one.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy-Mike View Post
    Do not use any other color pen for the emigration forms than black. Last year we made the mistake of not following directions and used the only pen my wife had with her, purple. After waiting in that long line and getting to the front to then be told to go do it all over again. Frustrating. Remember - BLACK Pen. Follow directions.
    So BLUE in is not acceptable?

Just curious since I always use blue at work so I can tell originals from copies. I'd have to look a bit to even find a black pen at work or at home.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    So BLUE in is not acceptable?

Just curious since I always use blue at work so I can tell originals from copies. I'd have to look a bit to even find a black pen at work or at home.

Yes, that is fine.

They said blue or black was acceptable when we went down a few weeks ago.

We used blue. Blue or black only, however.

I have used blue for the forms and never had any problems.

I've used blue in the past. Cindy-Mike's post just made me wonder if things have changed. Nothing is ever static.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

It is sooo important to get them filled out on the plane. I love coloradojuli's suggestion about bringing pens to hand out. I am also getting ready to do the list....I had already packed but hubby had a last minute trip for 10 days to Tampa so I had to unpack. Now, what to do with my "jamaica" clothes till he gets back??? oh well only 31 more days till its "no problem mon."

Before we leave on our trip I usually print out an itinerary of our flights. I write our passport numbers on the same page. I keep the paper in an easily accessible pocket of my carry on bag (along with pens). I do this since these are the numbers I always have to "look up" when filling out the forms. Having the data on one sheet is more efficient than having to fumble with the boarding passes and passports in the cramped airline seat.

If you want to take it one step further, you could fill out one of the "sample" forms found at this link.

http://www.jamaica-info.de/images/immigration.pdf

This is not the official form, so DO NOT try to use it when you get to immigration.

Fill out the official form on the plane. The official form is one page printed front and back. Be sure to sign both sides of the form even though signing and forward dating the departure section on your way to Jamaica doesn't seem to make logical sense, that's the way it should be handled.

Just a thought.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=