Hybrid View

Default Fun on the Beach

From what I have read the beach is all about having a relaxing time in the sun and shade. Would it be ok to bring a football, or ball and gloves to play catch with while hanging out on the beach? We will be at CSA in Feb. 12 threw the 18.

It is permitted. But if you do, please be considerate and play down by the water or at least far away from the chairs. Last time we were at CSA, there was a group that played catch with a football over top of us! They nearly landed on me a couple times. Between that and their blaring radio, it felt like we were at the Jersey shore!! We ended up moving to a quieter location, never mind that we were there hours before them.

We took a football to CN last year. There is a big enough area where you can play in the sand by the bacci ball area if you don't want to go in the water. We are planning on taking one again this year but we are going to CSA this time. It was a lot of fun to have something to do on the beach but yes, definitely be respectful of those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbynewt View Post
    It is permitted. But if you do, please be considerate and play down by the water or at least far away from the chairs. Last time we were at CSA, there was a group that played catch with a football over top of us! They nearly landed on me a couple times. Between that and their blaring radio, it felt like we were at the Jersey shore!! We ended up moving to a quieter location, never mind that we were there hours before them.

As soon as I read this immediately I see Wildwood beaches in my head. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbynewt View Post
    jersey shore BRILLIANT - did they all drive circa 1987 irocs too? NICE - as much as i love the jerey shore i am sorry to hear you ran into that in negril oopha

That is to bad that some people don't show the respect that they should to others. It is what can ruin a good time for everyone. Also is a football something that you could leave for the staffs kids?

We left our football for the staff.

Gregg - that is very nice that you would think to leave the football as a gift.

Yes, we've seen footballs being tossed around at CSA. Mostly, I've seen the folks do it in the water. It's a lot more fun to dive for a football that way. There is so much roped off area, that it's easy to find open water to toss around the pigskin where you won't have to worry about bopping anybody on the head. Have fun!

Wildwood indeed!! Or maybe Ocean City where the beach isn't quite as wide so everyone's really close together. And yes they probably did all have '87 irocs! LOL!!!!

There were other people playing ball, but they were playing in a section of ocean where no one was. No problem!

Now we know the solution - select chairs in an area where the trees or narrow beach prevent anything other than drinking, sunbathing, drinking, reading and drinking.

Footballs flying overhead. Sand being kicked up in the air. There goes that drink! Opps Sorry didn't mean to run over you!

The only thing missing is the sound of little kids crying and running around unattended.

Yup I spent all that money for a Jamaica vacation. Got my passport. Spent all day in airports and I come to find out Gee I could of got this same beach activity down the street!

Have lots of respect for the other guests.