Default Reading your love letters is a joy

Greetings to all:

As we launch our new message board platform, I thought it would be fun to relive some of the past love letters that I have read over the past couple of years.

To get this thread started, here are is what I think is my initial announcement of this service and one of the first letters:

Randymon
    Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 03:04 pm:
    Greetings to all:

As the Chief Romance Officer of Couples Resorts, I would be very pleased and honored to call your significant other (at home or work) and read her/him your love letter.

I have done this several times and it seems to have had a very strong emotional impact - on both ends of the phone.

Example - Husband sent me a 3 page love letter to his wife just before staying at a Couples Resort for their 25th anniversary. He gave me specific instructions to call his wife at work, at a time that he knew she would be in a board meeting, and that I must read the letter to her on the speakerphone in the board room.

Her secretary was in on the deal and stood in the room to make sure she did not pick up the phone.

Of course, at first the wife was disbelieving. "Chief Romance Officer? Yeah, right. Who is this really? Is that you Bob?"

With some convincing from the rest of the people in the board room, she was encouraged to let me continue.

When I started reading her husband's love letter, the room went totally silent. Near the end I could hear her trying to hold back the tears through a few audible sighs and sobs.

When I finished reading the love letter, there was an outburst of applause from the rest of those in the room. I was misty-eyed and the ladies in the office here were too.

What a great feeling to share such a romantic moment in the lives of this wonderful couple.

They left the next day for their Couples Resorts vacation and my understanding is that the effort had the desired effect on reinvigorating the love that first brought them together 25 years ago.

So, the offer is on the table. Anyone?

Randy Russell
    Chief Romance Officer and Senior Vice President
    Couples Resorts

Randymon
    Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 10:33 am:
    Greetings to all:

Just got off the phone with Suzanne after reading Jeff's love letter to her. Still a bit misty-eyed.

With Jeff's permission...

"Suzanne 25 years ago my life was untamed, unstructured and open ended to a world without reigns. Every day was a new breath of air with all of Life’s expectations ahead of me, unbridled and unchallenged.

By chance or Fate we were drawn to meet at a positive motivation class not sure of all the reason you attended but my life was lacking direction, my
    heart and Soul were tattered and a burning for more than what life had dealt to this point.

First impressions were probably little more than a curiosity not exactly a burning Lust, but yet the smallest cinder had begun to spark without either of us aware of what would unfold before us. A brief courtship full of disagreement and opposites coming together with a world wind clash! We devastated barriers that were surrounding us… that no one else could seem to bend or sway.

A month later you find yourself a U.S. Navy wife with a new husband that was often away from a just formed relationship, surely one that was on a direct course for jagged rocks that lie ahead. Yet only 3 months later, I find you expectant with a child on the way. With a path of uncertainty still unfolding before us that lurked within the deepest of fogbanks.

15 months later without rest or sanity to life’s purpose or meaning you gave birth to our second son. Lord what have we been dealt? Poverty,
    constant unrest and tension, Mountain ranges so vast that the peaks could not be viewed from where we stood… But stand we did through all that life was dealing out before us. Often without so much as a kind word or a thank you uttered. Life’s uphill struggle was in a mere infancy state with a love that had just begun to shake the winters gloom. Spring would slowly take root bringing forward new buds yet to Bloom.

Never would I have greatly so imagined that years of callous often cold and saddened times would give fruit to such treasures you’ve brought into my Life. With youth I lacked vision to see the many blessings in my Life, with age has come a new wisdom and a fine appreciation of the things one cherishes.

Looking back through the years we have journeyed together that each moment in time great or small is a gift. So precious and irreplaceable for you
    alone are the most cherished gift in my Life. I now know 25 years through the thorns of a relationship well seeded has grown a love and a friendship into full bloom.

Finally a chance to rest, breathe easy… and enjoy the sweetness of our harvest. This weekend on a hill on an island a beach or a moonlit night in the paradise of Couples Resort we can stroll Life together. Finally stroking the ember that burns deep in our hearts, you are truly everything that twinkles and glistens in this world to me.

Hardened by life, softened by your love separated by situation but drawn together by fate... You are truly the love of my Life.

Looking forward to this trip and finally having time alone with you. Although the days will pass quickly, I can only pray for an eternity of love in your arms forevermore love… Jeff."

Join me in congratulating Jeff and Suzanne on 25 years of marriage as they celebrate starting May 19 at Couples Sans Souci.

Randy Russell
    Chief Romance Officer
    Couples Resorts

-------------------------------------------------
    There are too many wonderful love letters for me to post into this thread(only 10,000 characters allowed). Search in the archives of the old board for "love letter" in the subject. I just relived some very emotional letters and have a renewed respect for the power of love.

I am happy to call your significant other to read your love letter. Don't be shy, let the world know how much you love him/her. Just post your request here and I will respond directly to you to make the arrangements.

Couples Resorts

I would like to have a letter read to my husband Patrick. We will be coming to CSA July 5-9th and he has no idea! We are probably one of your many 7/7/7 anniversary couples. Please email me at the following address.
    stamy6@aol.com

stacey

Default I'm in! Please contact me to read a letter to my husband before 11-09

Please contact me via the email in my profile. My husband and I are renewing our vows for our 10th anniversary on 11-16 at CN, but he still doesn't know I booked the trip!! I think having a love letter read to him which lets him know about the vow renewal in Negril would be almost as moving as the vacation itself!!!(I said almost!)Thank You !
    Terri

Default Love letter

This may be too late and too short of notice. I wish I had known I could've done this sooner. We will be flying out Thursday morning and will be in CSA on July 2. We are getting married July 4. If you could contact me at my email address kirk.heather@yahoo.com
    Thanks!

Default love letter

Hi Randy,

I would love if you could read a letter to my husband. We are arriving at CSA on July 6. Could you please contact me at the email address I have in my profile?
    Thanks so much!!

Here are a few recent love letters I have read to unsuspecting S.O.s

"Patrick,

I want to thank you for who you are and all that you do. Every day when you leave the house I understand that you may not come home, and that I’m sharing you with the lives of all the people you protect. When I met you, I thought, what kind of person would go to work knowing they may not come home that night, but would be so willing to give of themselves to save someone else? I’ve always admired that in you.

I want to thank you for working two and sometimes three jobs at a time to support us. Thank you so much for working hard to make our lives better. I know there are nights when you haven’t slept but kept going to make a living for us.

You have matured so much over the last 6 years. Through Christ and a lot of prayer, I think we can both say that our lives have changed so much and they will never be the same again. I think I’ve told other people, but have never told you. I believe you are a much better husband, than you were a boyfriend. There’s nothing around the house you can’t build or fix. In those things you can’t buy for me you create. I really appreciate that in you.

I think you are a loving caring maturing man, that I’m proud to be with. You support me through all of my insecurities and frustrations. You never tire, slow to anger and you’re so patient with me. I can tell that you are listening to me. I can tell that you are constantly seeking ways to make things better. I can tell that you are always working to become a better man.

I thank God that I met you. You are a perfect compliment for me.
    I pray that God will bring us many more years together with love, peace and prosperity as he continues to mold us into a better husband and wife.

Love,
    Stacey"

"My dearest Lisa,
    What can I say about the first ten years of our marriage and the 14 years we have known each other? They have been the best, most wonderful times of my life. Everyday is better than the last, every night I look forward to sleeping next to you and every morning I look for forward to waking up next to you. You are my best friend, my confidant, my lover, my everything. You are most wonderful mother to our children and they are lucky to have a caring, loving, creative, independent mother like you. I am a stronger man because of you. All that I am and everything that I do is for you and our family. We have had our rough and difficult times like any family, but my love for you and yours for me gets us through those times and we are stronger because of it.
    I am very happy to be here in this place with you for our anniversary. To be in the most beautiful place in the world with the most beautiful girl in the world makes me the happiest guy in the world. I think the poem I wrote 11 years ago still stands:

The love I felt in the past …
    When you looked at me, stared at me, held me in your gaze,
    Is the love I feel now…
    When I hear your voice, hold your hand, kiss you gently,
    Will be the love I feel for eternity…
    When we walk down the aisle, raise a family, grow old together.
    This love can never die…
    It grows stronger with each day, each hour, each moment.
    The love that he feels
    Is the love that she feels
    Is the love that is one and complete.

Happy Anniversary Pookie,
    All my love,
    Matthew"

"To my lovely wife Wanda (aka) Little Red. It has almost been thirty years since you said you would merry me. I will never forget the first time I saw you coming out of the dorm at college and you stopped me in my tracks. You had a grey and pink outfit on. It seems like yesterday. But in reality It's been almost thirty two years. I really don't know why I was lucky enough to ever get someone like you. We have had so many good times including the two great children. Lord knows there has been some rough times but together we have always gotten thru it. I know when I am down I can always count on you to make me laugh or forget about whats bothering me. Sometimes I wish you could see what I see when I look at you. I see a beautiful, smart, sexy woman who not afraid to show me how much she needs me in her life. It is true what dad said when I walked down the isle that I would love you more each day. I am very proud to be married to you. You are a strong christian woman who knows when to get me back in line. I don't know what tomorrow holds but as long as you are in my life we can conquer anything together. Happy anniversary Little Red. I Love You with all my heart!!!! LP"

Keep 'em coming!

Couples Resorts

Default My thanks Randy

You read my letter last Tuesday to my wife Lisa at CSS on the morning of our 10th Anniversary Vow Renewal. She was completely surprised and blown away. You made a magical vacation even more perfect. My thanks for all you do for Couples and couples worldwide.

Hi Randy,

I would love for you to read a love letter to my soon to be husband! We are getting married at CSA on July 15th and would love it if you could read my letter to him the morning of our wedding. Please contact me at so I can set this up. What a great idea!!!
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; July 7th, 2009 at 07:06 AM.

Default love letter

Hi Randy,

just found this thread.
    How much lead time is necessary for a love letter to be read.
    We will be at CSA 7/12 to 7/18. Our 33rd anniverary is the 17th.

If possible (and your time permitted) I would love to have a short letter read to my wife that day.

I can be contacted at my profile email.
    Thanks
    Steve

Default CTI Tues July 7, 2009

What a pleasure to meet Randy at CTI this past week after dinner. Thank you for giving me some info on the love letter. I look forward to writing something special for my husband in the future and having it read on one of our next trips. Barb

Randymon,

We'll be at CSA this weekend. Could you read a letter for my husband at his work Wednesday (July 15) at 9:00 am? Is that too soon? Please contact me through my profile email.

4 more days till we get HOME!!!!!

How special is it to be given the privilege of reading a love letter to a young man on the morning of his wedding.

I just called James in his room at CSA and read this letter from his soon-to-be wife (10:00 Wedding), Niki.

"James,
    As we each prepare this morning to make the biggest commitment of our lives I wanted to share with you how much you truly mean to me.
    From the moment that I first spoke to you I knew that there was something special about you and that you were someone that I didn’t want to live without. Since our first date we’ve been inseparable and our love has grown stronger each and every day. I can’t imagine my life without you. You always know exactly what to do to cheer me up when I’m feeling down or when I’ve had a hard day at work. We have been through so much already and I know that no matter what comes our way, our love will always keep us strong. You are such an amazing man and I am incredibly proud that from this day forward I will be able to call you my husband.
    I love all of the little things that you do to show me how much you love me. It’s how you wake up in the middle of the night to cover me with the blanket that I’ve kicked off yet again or how you always call me when you are on your way home from work just to let me know that you are on your way and to say that you love me. Or the times that I’ve been sick and you’ve patiently convinced me, despite my relentless denial, that taking Alka Seltzer will indeed make me feel better. For those little things and so many more, I am grateful.
    When we lived in two different cities, you came to visit me every weekend without fail and would stay as long as you possibly could even when that meant having to wake up at 4 am on Monday morning to make it to work in Austin on time. Or the time you went on a fishing trip to Port A and by the 2nd night you were ready to come home because you missed me. I’ll never forget talking to you on the phone as you fell asleep that night. Let’s never forget those times. Let’s never get caught up in the mediocrity of our daily lives that we forget the little things that make our relationship so special.
    Thank you for making me the happiest girl in the world! Thank you for always being honest with me and encouraging me to be the best that I can be. I can’t wait to start our new lives together as husband and wife and look forward to growing old and experiencing everything in between with you. You are truly my best friend and I promise that I’ll stay true to my vows to you each and every day for the rest of my life. You have had my heart since the beginning and you always will.
    Forever Yours,
    Niki :-)"

Couples Resorts

Here is another note I read to John from Kris. We look forward to welcoming them home to CSA this weekend.

"Dear John,

It’s been 25 years since we first met at the police department and I can honestly say I fall more in love with you every day. You are my best friend, my lover, and my inspiration. Even on the worst of days, I know that I will see you at the end and everything will be right again. We’ve gone through good times and bad, richer and poorer, sickness and health, and we are stronger because we’ve done it together. I am a better person because of you. You have shown me what true love is and for that I am more grateful than I could ever express in words. Thank you for loving me—and for putting up with the dog.

I can’t wait to see you relaxing on our beachfront verandah in Jamaica with a BBR in hand and a smile on your handsome face.

I love you forever,
    Kris"

BTW - I had to ask - BBR = Baileys,Banana and Rum. Sound yummy!

Couples Resorts

Oh, Randy, even though the speaker phone didn't work on our end, it turned out PERFECTLY! He liked the letter, and he preferred it in private, so it all went even better than I had planned! He didn't realize that Couples had a Chief Romance Officer--he's not as addicted to the board as I, and he was completely surprised and touched.

It just heightens the excitement...3 more days...how will we sleep??

BBC = Baileys, Bananas, Cream (for the mornings)
    BBR = Baileys, Bananas, Rum (for the evenings)

The guys at the Sunset Bar make superb drinks!

We considered a scaled back vacation this summer, but once you've had the best (CSA), nothing else will do! Thanks for reading our letter and making our 23rd anniversary even more special!

Kris & John

Seth and Rachel will be married today and honeymooning with us for the next 10 days.

Although I was unable to read his letter this morning as requested I was fortunate to "catch" Rachel just a few minutes before she walked down the aisle.

Here is Seth's letter:

"Rachel Rejoice,

Good morning my beautiful bride! I hope your morning goes well…. And I cannot wait to see you this afternoon! How cool is it to know that tomorrow and every morning after, we will wake up together.

After so many years that we’ve spent together in this life, nothing makes me happier to know that, today, I will become your husband and you will become my wife. I love you! Together, we’ve had some wonderful experiences and collected some great stories, from our time in the hospital nursery through all of our travels (and wrong turns) together. Clearly, God has planned to unite us in His love through every moment of our lives and I’m so thankful for each of the events that mark our path and that have intertwined our lives together.

In February 2008, I wrote you a letter full of promises that I intend to keep throughout our marriage and our life together. I can only hope that I’ve kept those promises in your eyes and in the eyes of the Lord as we create a life together. Our good morning messages, our lunch time phone calls, our time spent cleaning, fixing, and creating our home, even our struggles and our arguments, have all helped to established a life-long love for one another, and I’m thankful for each of these moments. Today, as we make our sacred commitment to one another, I promise to love you and to honor our marriage and our Lord, above all else, until the end of our time on this earth.

On May 27, 2008, beside the arch, with a little bit of nervousness, I told you that I’ve loved you since the day I met you, and I meant it. Your role in my life has been substantial, and although our relationship may have only started with the “basic” friendly love, time has allowed our feelings for one another to evolve and develop into a much deeper and Godlier love. I am so thankful that we established a friendship before we fell in love with one another because I truly believe that foundation will allow our marriage to flourish. I also believe that it’s what God intended with our lives, and only through him are all things possible, as we both know. Thank you for never giving up on our friendship and on your love for me.

Rachel, my life would not be the same without you in it, and I’m thankful that starting today and in the presence of Christ, we’ll forever be together. This afternoon and tonight, we’ll celebrate our marriage, tomorrow, we’ll wake up next to one another in our home, and over the next ten days, we’ll spend our honeymoon under the sun and on the beach in Jamaica. And with every day and every memory we share together hereafter, my love for you will only grow deeper and stronger, as our marriage brings us closer together.

So today, let’s enjoy each of the moments that we’ve planned for so long. Let’s not worry about the little things that don’t go just right, rather let’s cherish the vows we take and each of the promises we make, and all of the small moments that will forever be remembered in our hearts and in our minds, and tomorrow and every day thereafter, let’s celebrate our unending love for one another. I can hardly believe that today is the day that we start our walk through life together, but I cannot wait to begin.

I’m glad that God gave me you, that you’ve impacted my life in so many ways, and that I’ve come home to find you. I can’t wait to see what God holds for us as we go forward, hand in hand, into our future as husband and wife!

I love you!

- Seth"

Please join me in congratulating Seth and Rachel and praying for a life filled with love and romance.

Couples Resorts

Default Request to Read a Love Letter

Randymon,

The reading of a love letter is just such a romantic idea. It would be a great way to get our CSA vacation off to a hot romantic start. I would like to request that you read my wife a love letter just prior to our arrival at CSA.

Could you please contact me at the email account associated with my profile for the details.

Thank You,
    CSALOVER