Default CTI or CSS(First time in Jamaica) Need Advice

Can someone please share their thoughts and opinions on CTI and CSS? I am so confused and having a difficult time making a final decision. My husband and I will be visiting for our anniversary in May 2010. We are active but we also like to relax. We like to eat We like the older crowd (30+). We both are super picky about hotel/resort rooms and a nice room is very important to both of us. Can anyone recommend which resort will be better based upon the information I provided.

I would look at CSS because it is all suites.
    Irie Mon

We have neen to both and love both very much.
    Based on your post,I would highly recommend CSS.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; December 16th, 2009 at 10:45 AM.

You've described both resorts. The best advice I can give you is to thoroughly scour this website. Look at the pictures of each resort, read about the resorts and one will start to 'call out to you'. That is the resort you should choose.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    You've described both resorts. The best advice I can give you is to thoroughly scour this website. Look at the pictures of each resort, read about the resorts and one will start to 'call out to you'. That is the resort you should choose.
    I agree, I saw nothing in her post that cried out either CTI or CSS. Each resort has its plusses, but only after determining what's most important to them, then comparing which resort better fits their criteria will they then be able to make a proper selection. Lucky for this nice lady that regardless of which one they select, it will end up being a great choice!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

luv2travel4ever,

We've been to both resorts and both have their pluses and minuses. CSS is a more spread out resort on a larger property with many stairs in a tropical setting with a very nice private main beach and AN beach. CTI is a more high rise resort on a smaller property but things are more close and convenient with a smaller, private beach and an AN area on Tower Isle. CTI offers more included excursions than CSS. Rather than give you our opinion on the one you should stay at we will give you some pictures of both to ponder (CSS: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684193991/ and CTI: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684003201/). As Coloradojuli said, you'll have to look at pictures, read up on each, scour the website and one will 'call out to you'. Have fun finding the one for you!!

Bart & Bug

I would have said CSS before the CTI renovation but I think now you will be happy with the room choices at either resort. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that CSS has a more sophisticated/elegant feel to us, though we've been to CTI more times and enjoy them both. CTI always feels a little more casual. The advice you're getting is right-study the website and message boards.

One thing that became important to us during our last visit to CSS...umbrellas. I know it sounds silly but we like to make sure we get an umbrella every day whether we are by the pool or on the beach. CSS has lots of umbrellas....call me crazy but there it is.