Default Can't decide on Wedding Local!

My fiance and I visited A few all-inclusives in Jamaica this past summer to decide on a location for our wedding next August. Well, we were not overly impressed with any of the places and have started looking at the Couples resorts. Can anyone who has been to the resorts steer us in the right direction for which of the 4 to choose? We are bringing about 60 people with us, all who like to have a lot of fun, don't really care about the nude beach, like to do watersports and fun activities, drink a lot on vacation and really would like a nice beach! Deciding on a wedding location by looking online is so difficult! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Go to CSA!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Couples San Souci was incredible. I got married right there on the beach. It was beautiful. Heres the pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/silver33...eat=directlink

WOW!! 60 people !! we are getting married at Swept Away in Negril June 4th, 2010. We have stayed at Couples Negril (a few miles away)it was amazing!! Couples Negril was amazing from the rooms, food, beach, pool, staff, you name it. We toured Swept Away but have not stayed yet. But we loved it was well & it has more activities for us in terms of night life etc. So we are having the wedding at Swept Away.
    Honestly, Couples is amazing. We travel all over & so far nothing has come close. You can't go wrong with any of the resorts but my personal choice would be Couples Swept Away. Especially for a group that size. The beaches, food, activities etc will make everyone happy.
    Have you looked at www.tripadvisor.com as well??? just type in the name of the resort and you will get tons of reviews from vacationers etc. pictures www.flicker.com
    Good luck
    Jackie

go to CSA. The beach is enormous. The resort, even when at capacity will seem yours alone. Nothing better than a sunset wedding at CSA

I just got married at CN. It was awesome!! Let me know if you have any questions at denise_doty@hotmail.com

We have been to all four and without a doubt for a wedding Couples Sans Souci is the absolute most romantic with the most spectacular ceremony location with the wedding gazebo on the cliff hanging over the water just beautiful We did our vow renewal there after seeing all four.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

CSA. Biggest resort of the 4 and largest beach. 60 people might overwhelm the smaller resorts.

Swept Away will be best for you.

We were married Nov 2 at CSS and it was fantastic!! Antonette is the wedding coordinator and I didn't have to worry about a thing she is great. With a crowd of 60 it will seem your family and friends are the only ones there. the beach is secluded and small so if you want a large beach then negril would have to be your choice. But if you want romance great entertainment staff and world class spa CSS would have to be your choice.

i hope you have a wonderful wedding and a great trip no matter where you decide to go. however a group of 60 is going to dominate any of the resorts and you will take over any area the group decides to gather at which excludes other folks from using any given area.

please remember the other folks that are there as only a couple may be trying to save a relationship,reconnect with each other, or just plain chill with out having a large party group have an effect on their experience.

we have had large groups at Swept Away while we were there and some are fine and others are acting like spring break and we didn't book our trip to be having to migrate away from said group our entire stay.

while i wish you all the best. if we were booked during the same period as your group we would either cancel our trip or move our dates.

please keep in mind others and their experience and everything should be irie mon.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by carrianne View Post
    My fiance and I visited A few all-inclusives in Jamaica this past summer to decide on a location for our wedding next August. Well, we were not overly impressed with any of the places and have started looking at the Couples resorts. Can anyone who has been to the resorts steer us in the right direction for which of the 4 to choose? We are bringing about 60 people with us, all who like to have a lot of fun, don't really care about the nude beach, like to do watersports and fun activities, drink a lot on vacation and really would like a nice beach! Deciding on a wedding location by looking online is so difficult! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    .....My daughter just had a "Sunset Wedding" at CN this past Saturday. It was incredible.

Thank you Sue and Randy - You echo my sentiments exactly. Although we've seen disruptive behaviour from smaller parties as well. Sometimes too much alcohol is not a good thing....

Quote Originally Posted by carrianne View Post

Thanks!
    ....From what I understand from those who have done all of the Couples Resorts; CN has the best beach. And does have spectacular "Sun Set Weddings".

n127_1424.jpg (30.0 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How long is most of your group staying?

Default Our big group

Most of our friends will stay 4-7 nights. Thanks for all the advice. We were thinking Swept Away and think your comments have reaffirmed that!

As for those of you who may think that our group will be disruptive to your time, please don't be so quick to judge. We are not a 20 year old couple. All but 2 of the guests will be coming as couples (most married) and several will be renewing their vows while there. Just because we know all the couples coming doesn't mean that some of them are also trying to have a romantic time, renew a relationship and relax. Other than the night of the wedding, we are not planning any group activities and expect most of the time the couples will each be on their own time. We are bringing a lot of friends, not a fraternity and sorority house. We are planning on the wedding being the week of August 10-17....so you can plan your vacation accordingly.

We got married at CSS November 18, in the gazebo, and it was beautiful! The whole resort is beautiful! But, as others have mentioned, your group is pretty large...and although I cannot speak for other Couples resorts, CSS is NOT a party resort with late night activities. Most people there go there to relax and spend time together as a couple...and groups of people are quite uncommon, and can be bothersome. The most we saw were two couples traveling together...most people converse with one another but for the most part, are there to spend time with one another, and not "party" with everyone else. From the sounds of it, I don't think I would recommend CSS for what you are looking for. Good luck choosing your venue, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I am sorry If these post has made you feel less then welcomed. I am sure that is not the intent of anyone. Just the strong desire to keep Couple Resorts from becoming a "party" destination. And from your last post that doesn't read like that what you or your friends are looking for either, so it's all good.

Congrats on your up coming Wedding. I am sure any one you pick will be wonderful. And we will all enjoy are stay at Couples no matter who is there or how many came together!!!!!!

wow 60 people you can be like elvis when he used to rent out disney ...
    how cool would that be to literaly have the people power to take over the entire resort lol...
    pool spots/chairs check
    prime beach spot locked up check
    large grouping eating at feather check ( closed shoes please)
    lock up every hobie cat for the day - check
    lock up the piano bar and with ever 30 people all YOUR songs will be played which is always nice - check

hell if you time it right you can almost have the booze cruise to yourself.
    You are going to hear some comment from folks who will not be pleased with your choice... however if you can organize and finance a 60 person trip to anywhere more power to you it is your day./week so light it up and have a blast...

carrianne:
    You will be very happy with CSA. We were married there in Aug of 2006 and have returned for 2 times since. We are planning our fourth trip this year and, as it happens, we always go during the first half of Aug, so we will SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!