CTI review for Oct.6 thru 13th.

Background: Have been to CN twice and CSS twice. This was our first time to CTI.

Check in: Smooth and easy.

Room:Ocean Junior suite Rm2207, I thought all of those rooms were in the main building with an elevator, not so, our room was in the "new buiding". 34 stairs became exhausting since I like to go back and forth to the room often. Of course we could have asked for a room change, but my husband liked the view so we stayed. The bed was very nice,comfortable. bathroom was very nice except we could not locate the fan/exhaust. But, that was not a big deal. fridge/mini bar was good, balcony was very good with a little bed, very nice. Iron and ironing board were very good(real size iron that works).Overall the room was very nice, spacious,good view.

Water issues: After 12 hour of travel on our first night, we had no hot water, not even warm water. We were assured 3 times that it would be back on but, unfortunately it was not, we were offered another room if we had a "water emergency" which it was not an emergency, so my husband slept on the couch and I slept outside on the little bed, since we felt to dirty to get into bed. On day 4, lost hot water in middle of morning shower, thankfully it was near the end and I was able to finish quick with cold water. On day 5 we had no water at all, we had dinner reservations, we were dirty from the beach and had no water at all. After the 2nd call that day about the water we were told that it was an electrical problem from a storm. Thankfully the water came back on and we made it to dinner in time.

Food: Very good. Loved breakfast thought it had unique things, in fact, there was a lot of regular things you would normally find and I was pleased with a lot of creative and unusual twists on things. Which I thought was great since I love to try new things. and that was at all the restaurants.

Housekeeping: Overall was good, except one day the room was not done till after 4:30 PM.

Bathrobes: "not available" They were supposed to be available in our room grade although unfortunately they ran out. This is only a problem for me since I like it warmer, and my husband likes the A/C so I depend on the bathrobe.

Tower Island: The view was spectacular. The pool is very tiny. The ride over in the boat was less than easy for me at least. Now the flag was yellow most of our stay except for when it was red and we could not go over. So the waves were choppy. I got my foot and ankle crushed as the boat slammd into it as I was climbing the stairs to the pier. This was mostly my miscalculation, my only advice is to always put your foot on the first or second step, never the 3rd.

Drinks: My husband was delighted with miller light in the can. I thought the mixed drinks were extremly good, I never had a better rum punch anywhere.

Service: exceptional, staff was very good.

Check out: Smooth and easy

Conclusion: The resort has a very contemporary decor, yet mixed with history. I will not compare and contrast the 3 resorts that we have been to now, they are all very different from eachother,each with their own positives and negatives.We are glad we went, we had a great time fishing and we went on the Bob Marley tour which was one of the highlights of my whole life. Although CTI is not for us, I can understand the reasons others call it home. Our home definately lies down the block at CSS,yet with occasional trips back to CN for that amazing beach.