Default Randymon..CTI Fitness Instructors

Hi there, I've heard through the grapevine that there haven't been fitness instructors available at CTI for Spinning classes, etc. Wondering if this is a permanent issue or if there is something being done to hire someone? My hubby and I usually go to CSA and I always take advantage of the fitness classes. However, this time we chose to try CTI and made that decision knowing that there would be similar fitness offerings. Can you tell me whether there will be a resident fitness/spinning instructor onsite in February 2010? Thanks.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Just want to keep this thread at the top so hopefully I'll get a reply or two
    Sharon "gravysgal"

We were there for 2 wks in Oct. The first week there was no spin classes but the 2nd wk there were. We just went in and did our own thing. If you go to classes regularly then you must have an Idea of how to structure your workout. We didn't go to the classes as they were not at a good time for us because of diving, but the equipment is always there.

I do work out regularly but at home with my own equipment. I look forward to participating in instructed spinning classes which is why I'm asking. Just wondering whether there is an issue with instructors and whether that is something they are working on. My husband dives daily and I understand that happens at 9:00 which I also understood to be the spinning class time which works perfectly so I can spin while he dives. Anyway, I'm hopeful to get an answer.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Trying to keep this post alive in the hopes I'll get an answer.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Default spinning at CTI

Hey there,
    I'll be teaching spinning at CTI during Jan 10-17th. Perhaps it is just the down season where they were not able to find instructors, but I believe the high season will see instructors there every week!

If you are coming to CTI January 10-17, come in for a workout. It eases the guilt of free boozing and eating all week!!

Hello, I will be calling down to the resort to check about the classes shortly. Sorry for the delay.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Hola!! I am the grapevine.

We were at CTI from 10/28-11/4 and there was a yoga instructor there who taught on Thursday and Friday. There were no classes on Saturday and Sunday and the following Mon, Tues, and Wens there were no classes at all.

I was really disappointed by the lack of fitness instruction at the resort, honestly. (Although the REST of the resort was great.)

V

There haven't been any guest instructors during our last several trips to Couples. We stayed at CSA in July 2008, CN in March 2009, and CSS in August 2009, and there was not even one guest instructor at the resort at which we stayed. That's quite a change. We've been staying at Couples at least once a year since 1998; in the past, there has always been at least one guest instructor on site each week.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I hope that this is something that will be reviewed as many people enjoy this service and it allows an opportunity to indulge while still maintaining fitness. I for one take full advantage of the gym and fitness classes so I'm hopeful that February there will be a spinning instructor.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Quote Originally Posted by Seandymon View Post
    Hello, I will be calling down to the resort to check about the classes shortly. Sorry for the delay.
    ???????????
    Irie Mon

Question from the naive sector: What is a spinning class?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Spinning is an instructor led class on a special stationary bike that has the ability to adjust the tension like you were switching gears. It's a blast and burns between 600-900 calories per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Spinning is an instructor led class on a special stationary bike that has the ability to adjust the tension like you were switching gears. It's a blast and burns between 600-900 calories per hour.
    Oh cool, now I know what a spinning class is and that it's instructor-led as well. Thanks, always fun to learn something new.
    Ron

Ron,
    You could always do three or four Bob Marleys and spin on your own...no instructor needed
    Kristen

There is no resident spinning instructor but when we were there 3 weeks ago there was a guest spinning instructor for 1 week only. You can of course use the bikes and do your own thing if you are confident. In our opinion the gym badly needs a wiling and helpful resident instructor, not just for spinning! As wel las a rethink of the equipment in the gym. Most of which os old and inefective. They also have duplicated a lot of machines particularly for chest and yet have nothing for other body parts! Some of the new cardio equipment needs maintenance already! The space in the gym is poorly utilised with some large inefective machines and man yduplicated items as well as wasted space. For a little $ and some thought a far better set uo could be had. Ideas have been submitted to management but i feel that the gym is low priority in their minds.

We did our own spinning "class" as well as aerobics both on the jetty and on the island. That was fine for us, we also went running in the surounding vacinity, along the A3 and into the hills. I can see why some people would rather have classes taught by an instructor however. The resident "instructor" seems to just move things around to look busy and constantl yturn the music of so he can watch the sports channel. We make do with the poor gym equipment by being inventive and imaginative, but they could so easily make it a nice little gym, just by changing a few items. The gym used to be far better when it was in th old location! It has graduall ydeteriorated over the 17 years and 20 visits we have been going. We do like the new location by the pool, that is great! I hate to be negative about Couples in any way as it is our favourite place in the world! It is just a shame that the "new" gym was such a missed oportunity.

We were CSA for 2 weeks in June and there were different instructors each week. We did not take a class with them, but we did snorkel and have a meal with one of them. She was delightful.

I've noticed on various visits to CN that some instructors for water aerobics are more aggressive than others in alerting guests that it was about to start. A year ago, one of the instructors just sat there waiting for people to show up. We were floating to see when she was going to start up the music. When nobody came up to her, she packed up her speaker and took it away.

Ron,
    You are much more adept than I, 2 for me, spin and down for the count!My husband usues the term " cheap date"!

Default Fitness in February

There will be an instructor there (CTI) the first week of February who will teach spin, yoga, bootcamp, water, whatever your heart desires! See you in class..

Quote Originally Posted by goegirl View Post
    There will be an instructor there (CTI) the first week of February who will teach spin, yoga, bootcamp, water, whatever your heart desires! See you in class..
    How can you be so sure? Don't get me wrong as I'm pumped that there will be a spin instructor there, just curious how you know.

I also saw a post above indicating how poor the gym facilities actually are....I hope that gets resolved!!
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Quote Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
    Ron,
    You are much more adept than I, 2 for me, spin and down for the count!My husband usues the term " cheap date"!
    LOL - I'm fairly certain I'm no more adept than you blondie. I've seen pics of that drink and have read what goes into it. I can assure you (and that rascally Kristen, who is trying to get me smashed) that I'm good for just one of those Marleys - well one per resort that is. After all we'll be staying at both CTI and CN, so I'm pretty much resigned to forcing one down at each locale. Yech!!
    Ron